Effective tricks for turning your dirty glass surfaces and glassware squeaky clean using simple materials!

Glass surfaces are some of the most difficult to keep clean. They show every smudge, fingerprint, and watermark.

As it turns out, glass is a very porous material, which means that it can absorb dirt and grime from the air.

Over time, this can make your glass walls look dull and dirty. And, if you're not careful, they can quickly become covered in a film of grime.

While the task seems to be nerve-wracking, you can actually breeze through the job with the right tools and techniques!

So, if you are looking for effective ways to clean glass, then we've got some tips for you!

Credit: YouTube/Lifehacker

A. Glass shower screens and windows

If you're looking for a way to clean your glass shower screens and windows, then this is the method for you! All you need is water, dish soap, white vinegar, a microfiber cloth, and a chalkboard eraser.

Simply mix together two parts water, one part dish soap, and one part vinegar in a spray bottle. Shake it up, then spray the solution onto your glass. Use the microfiber cloth or chalkboard eraser to scrub away any dirt or grime.

Materials:
  • Water
  • Dish Soap
  • White vinegar
  • A microfiber cloth
  • A chalkboard eraser
  • A spray bottle
Method:

1. Mix together two parts water, one part dish soap, and one part vinegar in a spray bottle.
2. Shake it up, then spray the solution onto your glass.
3. Scrub the surface using a microfibre cloth or a chalkboard eraser.

uPSpvBeEqlvKONuGWtmGF2IrVguH_SpqToqyeBfV18i74oR2sRF9QkkVtK4oodIFK4lzrmk0-mylKYsFymKFrpXUaigfvfr32LxPj0AgrMrO0duJoH1w6qOWb9xCLZM_Kp8iPSaLPWIhIDin

Cleaning glass surfaces can be a breeze if you have the right equipment and know the right techniques. Credit: iStock.

B. Preventing soap scum build-up

If you’re like most people, you probably don’t give much thought to soap scum until it’s time to clean it. But what exactly is soap scum, and how can you prevent it from building up in your shower?

Soap scum is a film that forms on surfaces when soap and water mix. It’s usually made up of soap, dirt, and minerals from hard water. Soap scum can be difficult to clean, and it can also lead to other problems like staining and mildew.

The best way to prevent soap scum is to squeegee the shower glass after every shower. This will remove any soap residue and water spots before they have a chance to harden. For water spots that don't seem to get wiped out, use a dryer sheet to wipe them clean.

Materials:
  • A squeegee
  • Dryer sheets
Method:

1. Use a squeegee to wipe down the shower glass after every shower.
2. Use a dryer sheet to wipe stubborn water spots.

C. Cloudy glass and glassware

If your glassware is looking a little cloudy, don't worry - it's an easy problem to fix! All you need is some warm water, white vinegar and a microfibre cloth.

The method is also simple! Simply fill your sink with warm water before mixing in two cups of white vinegar. Next, soak your glasses for 10 minutes. Finally, wipe them dry using a microfibre cloth.

The result? Sparkling clean glassware!

Materials:
  • Warm water
  • White vinegar
  • Microfiber cloth
Method:

1. Fill your sink with warm water before mixing in two cups of white vinegar.
2. Soak your glasses for 10 minutes.
3. Wipe the glasses dry using a microfibre cloth.

So, there you have it, folks! Are you looking forward to trying these tips? Better yet, do you have tips for turning your dirty glass surfaces squeaky clean? Share them with us in the comments below so other members can use them too!

Sponsored
I have always had glass cleaning problems. My problem is waiting too long to clean I think, especially those higher up windows that get harder by the year. It seems the solution is a combination of water ,soap, vinegar or metho. Sorry people I honestly find the spray window cleaner solution from the supermarket works best for me. Oh and lots of paper towel. So mine is the hack you really have to pay for.

To clean tea or coffee pots, wine carafes, etc, just fill them with warm water and drop in a denture cleaning tablet, shake and leave for half an hour. They will rinse clean and shiny.

Reactions: Suestokes and Ricci