Eat this snack before bed to burn fat while you sleep

For years now, we have been advised that eating before bed isn’t the best for sleep quality or weight loss. Having said that, if you’re anything like we are, going to bed hungry may make you binge eat once the morning comes (plus, you wake up in the worst mood ever).

So if you’re starving, that leaves you with the option of reaching for a healthy snack or a piece of fruit before going to bed.

But did you know that health experts have recommended a pre-sleep snack that is not only healthy but will also help you burn fat as you sleep?

Yes, you heard that right. Health experts recommend a pre-sleep snack that will actually help you burn fat while you sleep.

Did I mention that it tastes really delicious, too?

Best. News. Ever.

tVqbFDSPA3sogoYIfi16yh74HKHVQOn09jXhRqL1EZ8c1AInFknstezeqwZq2Cc-SIpWghmtJPe07I47AH0mz427U2VYhhneqpZv3o_trlZ3bZvxol3Yt6hIX7y1SBBzG3ce38Jz

Photo retrieved from news.com.au.

According to News Lifestyle, health experts recommend eating mozzarella string cheese sticks before bed to help you burn fat as you sleep.

Yes, I repeat: mozzarella string cheese sticks!

Each stick contains fewer than 100 calories and less than 1 gram of carbs. Furthermore, there is also calcium and vitamin D in there for added benefits - tasty, low calorie, and nutritionally rich - pretty much everything you could ever ask for in a bedtime snack.

Mozzarella cheese is also known to contain about 27.5 grams of protein per 100 grams - meaning that it is also an excellent food for building and maintaining muscle (one of the highest among the cheeses!).

Since protein is considered a filling macronutrient, mozzarella cheese sticks will also make you feel full for longer.

Did you know that consuming cheese sticks or anything dairy is also beneficial to a good night’s sleep?

Lisa Artis of The Sleep Council recommends eating dairy before bed.

“Actually, cheese is a really good snack to have before bed. The calcium in it is really good for inducing sleep,” she said.

"Dairy contains something called tryptophan, which is like a sleep-inducing nutrient. It is effective in stress reduction and stabilises nerve fibres in the brain. It is like a calming food.”

However, do keep in mind that overdoing it with cheese isn’t good either. Everything in moderation, folks!

For our members who are lactose-intolerant, replacing the cheese sticks with a small handful of nuts such as almonds or walnuts might do the trick.

Eating mozzarella cheese sticks before bed… Isn’t this the best advice or what?

Below is a recipe for low-calorie, low-carb, and high protein mozzarella sticks that can be made with an air fryer:

Sponsored
I am lactose intolerant but my dietitian suggested just a few nuts before bed. I have 5 macadamia nuts just before bed and it really helps me go off to sleep quickly. It also stops me from waking up craving food before breakfast. Also it hasn't hindered my 53kg weight loss.