Easy Zucchini Slice

This is an easy slice and is a great dish to have in summer served with a tossed Salad
Slice is perfect to freeze( see below)

Serves 6 to 8

zuchinni_slice-1.jpg

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 TABLESPOON OLIVE OIL
  • 1 ONION, FINELY CHOPPED
  • 2 CLOVES GARLIC, CRUSHED
  • 4 RASHERS BACON, RIND REMOVED AND CHOPPED
  • 450G ZUCCHINI GRATED
  • 200G FETA, CRUMBLED
  • 200G RICOTTA
  • ½ CUP (40G) FINELY GRATED PARMESAN
  • ¼ CUP CHOPPED CHIVES
  • SEA SALT AND CRACKED BLACK PEPPER
  • 6 EGGS
  • 1 CUP (150G) SELF RAISING FLOUR, SIFTED
METHOD
  1. Preheat oven to 180°C 160 ° C fan-forced
  2. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the onion, garlic and bacon and cook for 5 minutes or until light golden. Place in a bowl with the zucchini, feta, ricotta, parmesan, chives, salt and pepper and mix to combine.
  3. Place the eggs and flour in a bowl and mix well to combine. Add to the zucchini and mix to combine.
  4. Spoon into a lightly greased 20cm x 30cm tin lined with non-stick baking paper and smooth with a palette knife. Bake for 40–45 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Cut into slices to serve. Serves 8–10.
To freeze: Cut the zucchini slice into 8–10 portions and place in air-tight containers separated with baking paper. Freeze for up to three months.

To defrost: Place the zucchini slice portions in the fridge overnight and allow to defrost completely before reheating in the oven or serving at room temperature.

Sponsored
Did I miss something ? Who is Jess ? I think I have a few enemies 🤔
I am Jess, Suzanne Rose, and I am not an enemy. Indeed, I have been trying to save your proverbial because I know you are well-intentioned, but I also know - as an industry professional (acquisitions editor, in the cookbook niche) that you are skating on very thin ice. I know of at least one other individual who subscribes to SDC who is in the same industry, and I can say with 99% certainty that the day you post one of her clients' recipes without the required attribution, a breach of copyright lawsuit will be headed your way, and SDC's way (as they are the ones responsible for the platform and its content.)

Anyway, I have done my bit to try and steer you clear of trouble, but you're an adult and what you choose to do is your business; and the consequences - well, those will be yours to deal with too.

Jess

This recipe has been around for many, many years and refinements are made by individuals over time so I don't think any copyright issues will ensue. I always vary my additives with red capsicum and green onions (two of my favourite personal additions to many savoury recipes not just zucchini slice).

Reactions: Mina vriesekolk
This is an easy slice and is a great dish to have in summer served with a tossed Salad
Slice is perfect to freeze( see below)

Serves 6 to 8

View attachment 31174

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 TABLESPOON OLIVE OIL
  • 1 ONION, FINELY CHOPPED
  • 2 CLOVES GARLIC, CRUSHED
  • 4 RASHERS BACON, RIND REMOVED AND CHOPPED
  • 450G ZUCCHINI GRATED
  • 200G FETA, CRUMBLED
  • 200G RICOTTA
  • ½ CUP (40G) FINELY GRATED PARMESAN
  • ¼ CUP CHOPPED CHIVES
  • SEA SALT AND CRACKED BLACK PEPPER
  • 6 EGGS
  • 1 CUP (150G) SELF RAISING FLOUR, SIFTED
METHOD
  1. Preheat oven to 180°C 160 ° C fan-forced
  2. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the onion, garlic and bacon and cook for 5 minutes or until light golden. Place in a bowl with the zucchini, feta, ricotta, parmesan, chives, salt and pepper and mix to combine.
  3. Place the eggs and flour in a bowl and mix well to combine. Add to the zucchini and mix to combine.
  4. Spoon into a lightly greased 20cm x 30cm tin lined with non-stick baking paper and smooth with a palette knife. Bake for 40–45 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Cut into slices to serve. Serves 8–10.
To freeze: Cut the zucchini slice into 8–10 portions and place in air-tight containers separated with baking paper. Freeze for up to three months.

To defrost: Place the zucchini slice portions in the fridge overnight and allow to defrost completely before reheating in the oven or serving at room temperature.
great recipe thanks Suzanne

Reactions: Suzanne rose
I am Jess, Suzanne Rose, and I am not an enemy. Indeed, I have been trying to save your proverbial because I know you are well-intentioned, but I also know - as an industry professional (acquisitions editor, in the cookbook niche) that you are skating on very thin ice. I know of at least one other individual who subscribes to SDC who is in the same industry, and I can say with 99% certainty that the day you post one of her clients' recipes without the required attribution, a breach of copyright lawsuit will be headed your way, and SDC's way (as they are the ones responsible for the platform and its content.)

Anyway, I have done my bit to try and steer you clear of trouble, but you're an adult and what you choose to do is your business; and the consequences - well, those will be yours to deal with too.

Jess
Dear Jess

For one I never say these are my recipes .

What we do here is share our favourite recipe .

Good recipes are for sharing

I don't just post recipes for the fun of it, I post so others can experience great recipes especially easy and budget recipes.

If you change some by 10 % then it's not copy right .
I know this by working in a bridal design room.
Stealing other people's designs is exactly this.

Are you positive that your people who write these cookbooks haven't stolen someone else recipe ?

There is no law saying you can't post and share other people's recipes unless you are claiming it's your recipe and are making money on it. I have actually verified this.

Have you notified others who post recipes , or is it just me

Warmest Regards

Suzanne Rose

PS I think you may be the other person who left here abruptly back in June

Reactions: Anoush
This recipe has been around for many, many years and refinements are made by individuals over time so I don't think any copyright issues will ensue. I always vary my additives with red capsicum and green onions (two of my favourite personal additions to many savoury recipes not just zucchini slice).
I always change recipes and isn't it good that you can .

Jess
People have been making these recipes long before other people put them in books and claim it is theirs