SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
M

Maddison Dwyer

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 20, 2021
EACH Connect, a Care Finder Program

Good afternoon, lovely members!

We have had a remarkable woman, Adriana L. from EACH Connect reach out and provide the following information about their Care Finder program. Adriana currently works in the Camden, Wollondilly, and Wingecarribee areas of NSW, but can redirect anyone who reaches out who isn't from those areas to the right place! She very kindly sent me the following information for those members of ours who might need some help, but do not know where to start. I have attached the brochure Adriana sent to me, along with all of the information she sent through as well.

I hope this helps even if it only helps one of you. Sending lots of love and strength to any of our lovely members who might be going through a trying time and need some help! This could be a great place to start.

Here is everything Adriana L. sent through for me to pass on to all of you:

EACH Connect, a Care Finder Program:

Connect is a care finder service managed by Each. The service is supported by South Western Sydney Primary Health Network, but is available Australia-wide. If you reach out, you will be put in contact with the right person.

The service is free, face–to-face, and provides intensive support to access aged care and community services. It is a part of a national response to the Royal Commission being rolled out in NSW by PHN. It is also known as Aged Care Connector service.

Adriana L. currently works in an office that covers Camden, Wollondilly, and Wingecarribee, but if you reach out via the email provided below and are not in NSW (or in these areas) she, or someone in her team, will point you in the right direction.

The aged care system can be complex to navigate, (as can health care systems, housing, NDIS, etc) Many people need assistance to navigate. Some people do not have a support network that can help them therefore they have fallen through the cracks and need intensive support to access available care and supports.

People are eligible for Connect if they are:
  • Eligible for My Age Care (MAC) services
  • Need intensive assistance to access and do not have a support network that could help.
Reasons for needing intensive support include:
  • Isolated or no support person
  • Communication barriers, including limited literacy skills.
  • Difficulty processing information to make decisions.
  • Resistance to engage with aged care.
  • Past bad experiences with other providers.

Referral Process
People can be referred by community and other services and can also self-refer. Referrers can call or Email by:
Connect will receive referrals (from a variety of sources)
  • Referral form is available.
  • Will check eligibility for program and give feedback to referrer if not eligible.
  • Will assist to refer onto more appropriate service (if necessary)., as there are multiple care finder programs.
Connect will Work directly with people to:
  • Build rapport.
  • Assist through obstacles.
  • Assist to register, find, and connect with services.
  • And continue with “well check in” after connected.
For more information on the Care Finder Program please click here.

There is a list of the Care Finder Program that began on 1 January 2023 in the link below, and it is separated into state and territories. As more organisations are ready to accept new clients, they will be added to the list here.

You can see which PHN covers your region in the PHN locator map here.

I have attached the brochure for more information below.

Connect 1.png
Connect 2.png

Last edited:
EACH Connect, a Care Finder Program

Good afternoon, lovely members!

We have had a remarkable woman, Adriana L. from EACH Connect reach out and provide the following information about their Care Finder program. Adriana currently works in the Camden, Wollondilly, and Wingecarribee areas of NSW, but can redirect anyone who reaches out who isn't from those areas to the right place! She very kindly sent me the following information for those members of ours who might need some help, but do not know where to start. I have attached the brochure Adriana sent to me, along with all of the information she sent through as well.

I hope this helps even if it only helps one of you. Sending lots of love and strength to any of our lovely members who might be going through a trying time and need some help! This could be a great place to start.

Here is everything Adriana L. sent through for me to pass on to all of you:

EACH Connect, a Care Finder Program:

Connect is a care finder service managed by Each. The service is supported by South Western Sydney Primary Health Network, but is available Australia-wide. If you reach out, you will be put in contact with the right person.

The service is free, face–to-face, and provides intensive support to access aged care and community services. It is a part of a national response to the Royal Commission being rolled out in NSW by PHN. It is also known as Aged Care Connector service.

Adriana L. currently works in an office that covers Camden, Wollondilly, and Wingecarribee, but if you reach out via the email provided below and are not in NSW (or in these areas) she, or someone in her team, will point you in the right direction.

The aged care system can be complex to navigate, (as can health care systems, housing, NDIS, etc) Many people need assistance to navigate. Some people do not have a support network that can help them therefore they have fallen through the cracks and need intensive support to access available care and supports.

People are eligible for Connect if they are:
  • Eligible for My Age Care (MAC) services
  • Need intensive assistance to access and do not have a support network that could help.
Reasons for needing intensive support include:
  • Isolated or no support person
  • Communication barriers, including limited literacy skills.
  • Difficulty processing information to make decisions.
  • Resistance to engage with aged care.
  • Past bad experiences with other providers.

Referral Process
People can be referred by community and other services and can also self-refer. Referrers can call or Email by:
Connect will receive referrals (from a variety of sources)
  • Referral form is available.
  • Will check eligibility for program and give feedback to referrer if not eligible.
  • Will assist to refer onto more appropriate service (if necessary)., as there are multiple care finder programs.
Connect will Work directly with people to:
  • Build rapport.
  • Assist through obstacles.
  • Assist to register, find, and connect with services.
  • And continue with “well check in” after connected.
For more information on the Care Finder Program please click here.

There is a list of the Care Finder Program that began on 1 January 2023 in the link below, and it is separated into state and territories. As more organisations are ready to accept new clients, they will be added to the list here.

You can see which PHN covers your region in the PHN locator map here.

I have attached the brochure for more information below.

View attachment 20739
View attachment 20740
Thank you.