Driver slammed online for hogging four spots, including disabled bay, in Bunnings carpark

Some say that a person's true character shines through in retail car parks. It's like a little world of its own, where you need some deep-down respect for your fellow humans and a sense of civic justice to co-exist harmoniously.

But you won't believe what happened recently at a Bunnings Warehouse in Perth. Apparently, one motorist tossed every rhyme, reason, rule, and protocol of parking etiquette right out the window.

Posted on the forum website Reddit, the photographic evidence was shocking. The driver had the audacity to spread their vehicle and trailer across not one, not two, but four whole parking spaces!

It gets even worse—one of those spaces they invaded was specially designated for disabled drivers. Unbelievable, right?

Screen Shot 2023-07-17 at 12.45.11 PM.png
A shopper's lack of respect for Bunnings carpark rules has drawn plenty of negative responses from fellow customers. Credit: Reddit.

The user who posted the photo wrote in the caption, 'There was no disabled badge, and of course, there is plenty of trailer parking available at Bunnings.' He also explained that there were even closer parking bays available, but the driver didn't bother.

This sparked outrage amongst other members of the online community, with people expressing their disappointment and frustrations.

One user commented, 'Not content with being a colossal prick and taking up four spots, decides to go world-class and make one of those spots a disabled parking bay. Some f****** people.'

Another person called on the shopper to inform both Bunnings and the council in the hopes that this embarrassing incident would be followed by a $500 fine. 'Blocking the disabled bay gets extra selfish points,' they said.

When Bunnings was made aware of the photo, their Regional Operations Manager, Hayley Coulson, released a statement expressing the company's shock and disappointment.

'We were disappointed to learn a customer recently used a disability parking bay for their trailer outside our Innaloo store, which our team was unaware of at the time,' she said.

'These parking bays are incredibly important for the community, and we remind our customers that they're only reserved for people with a disability or mobility restrictions.'

She also encouraged Bunnings customers to always keep disability parking bays available for their intended use and to communicate regularly with their local stores about it.

'We're really focused on ensuring disability parking bays are always available for their intended use, and we do our best to communicate regularly with our stores to remind them that these bays are not to be compromised for any reason, at any time.'

Key Takeaways

• A Perth motorist has been criticised over a selfish parking act at Bunnings, where they used a vehicle with a trailer to occupy four spaces, including one for disabled drivers.
  • Public response to the incident was overwhelmingly negative, with people expressing shock and annoyance on the Reddit platform.
  • Bunnings Regional Operations Manager Hayley Coulson expressed disappointment about the incident, emphasising the importance of maintaining the availability of disability parking bays.
  • Despite the incident, the poster clarified that there are 'two car and trailer parking areas, one is always empty', indicating that the irresponsible parking was unnecessary.

It goes without saying that this kind of parking is totally unacceptable, and it is essential that we all follow basic parking etiquette. This is especially important for those who rely on disability parking bays to access public places safely.

Let this story serve as a reminder that a car park is a shared space, and we must do our best not to deprive others of the privilege, especially those who need it the most.

What do you think, folks? Have you ever witnessed or experienced a situation where parking spots were scarce because someone took more space than necessary? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
Not so long ago I had to explain to a friend with a disability why it was not okay for the boss to take her for a drive to the bank so the boss could park in the disabled parking. The boss was just using her because she did not want to cruise around the car park looking for a spot which meant that she just might have to walk just a little bit further. Once she realised that other people with a disability would need the park more and that the boss was lazy and had no scruples my friend left her parking ticket at home so she couldn’t be used anymore. I cannot even fathom why any person would think it was okay in the first place. There are some people in this world that make you want to wring their bloomin necks
That's against the rules of the Disability permit - if caught or dobbed in, your friend would have lost her permit so she is wise to have nipped it in the bud.

Reactions: Littleboy8
"The driver had the audacity to spread their vehicle and trailer across not one, not two, but four whole parking spaces!"

What, only four spaces? What an amateur! Some guy with a similar ute and trailer managed to take up SIX spots in our local shopping centre this morning. Admittedly, none were disability bays so he lost bonus points for that. (I gave him the hairy eyeball as I drove past him).

Seriously though, at our local Bunnings, people who need more room for their trailer tend to park out at the perimeter of the carpark, furthest from the doors, so they are not taking up premium spots and nobody minds that if the car park isn't full.

So it seems the person taking the photo put it on social media first. Did they actually go into the store and show the manager their photo so they could make an announcement about it? Or were they too interested in what the social media reaction would be first? 🤔
I totally agree, if the person who took the snap had gone into Bunnings and shown them, i am sure something would have been done.

Reactions: freedy50
Some say that a person's true character shines through in retail car parks. It's like a little world of its own, where you need some deep-down respect for your fellow humans and a sense of civic justice to co-exist harmoniously.

But you won't believe what happened recently at a Bunnings Warehouse in Perth. Apparently, one motorist tossed every rhyme, reason, rule, and protocol of parking etiquette right out the window.

Posted on the forum website Reddit, the photographic evidence was shocking. The driver had the audacity to spread their vehicle and trailer across not one, not two, but four whole parking spaces!

It gets even worse—one of those spaces they invaded was specially designated for disabled drivers. Unbelievable, right?

View attachment 25291
A shopper's lack of respect for Bunnings carpark rules has drawn plenty of negative responses from fellow customers. Credit: Reddit.

The user who posted the photo wrote in the caption, 'There was no disabled badge, and of course, there is plenty of trailer parking available at Bunnings.' He also explained that there were even closer parking bays available, but the driver didn't bother.

This sparked outrage amongst other members of the online community, with people expressing their disappointment and frustrations.

One user commented, 'Not content with being a colossal prick and taking up four spots, decides to go world-class and make one of those spots a disabled parking bay. Some f****** people.'

Another person called on the shopper to inform both Bunnings and the council in the hopes that this embarrassing incident would be followed by a $500 fine. 'Blocking the disabled bay gets extra selfish points,' they said.

When Bunnings was made aware of the photo, their Regional Operations Manager, Hayley Coulson, released a statement expressing the company's shock and disappointment.

'We were disappointed to learn a customer recently used a disability parking bay for their trailer outside our Innaloo store, which our team was unaware of at the time,' she said.

'These parking bays are incredibly important for the community, and we remind our customers that they're only reserved for people with a disability or mobility restrictions.'

She also encouraged Bunnings customers to always keep disability parking bays available for their intended use and to communicate regularly with their local stores about it.

'We're really focused on ensuring disability parking bays are always available for their intended use, and we do our best to communicate regularly with our stores to remind them that these bays are not to be compromised for any reason, at any time.'

Key Takeaways

• A Perth motorist has been criticised over a selfish parking act at Bunnings, where they used a vehicle with a trailer to occupy four spaces, including one for disabled drivers.
  • Public response to the incident was overwhelmingly negative, with people expressing shock and annoyance on the Reddit platform.
  • Bunnings Regional Operations Manager Hayley Coulson expressed disappointment about the incident, emphasising the importance of maintaining the availability of disability parking bays.
  • Despite the incident, the poster clarified that there are 'two car and trailer parking areas, one is always empty', indicating that the irresponsible parking was unnecessary.

It goes without saying that this kind of parking is totally unacceptable, and it is essential that we all follow basic parking etiquette. This is especially important for those who rely on disability parking bays to access public places safely.

Let this story serve as a reminder that a car park is a shared space, and we must do our best not to deprive others of the privilege, especially those who need it the most.

What do you think, folks? Have you ever witnessed or experienced a situation where parking spots were scarce because someone took more space than necessary? Let us know in the comments below!
So what did the store do, I think they should have unhitched the trailer and pushed it somewhere else.

There are selfish people out there who have empty spaces where their brains should be.It makes me angry they give little thought to others who need these spaces. I have also found drivers take up a double space for 2 vehicles . I have put notes under the windscreen wipers telling the a/ holes what they are doing. They should just be towed away and that should teach them a lesson not to do that in future.

Sadly there are quite a few of these individuals who live amongst us.

Can you read out the rego number for me please?
Why? You won't getting anything from it. It's PRIVATE PROPERTY (unless there is signage stating local by laws officers enforce) no by laws apply. Other than maybe a motherhood statement, Bunnings will do absolutely nothing. Most likely this customers spends 000's at their store as opposed to the couple of $'s Mr & Mrs average spend. Where do you think their customer loyalty lies? Storm in a teacup, just go to another hardware store more personal satisfaction will be gained from taking your once in a blue moon mulch or packet of nails to a smaller retailer.

Reactions: Glenlusk1943
Why do we have so much hatred in this world? Sure the person parked over a couple of bays, most likely because single cars have parked in the trailer bays or that particular store doesn't have specially marked trailer bays. Obviously owned by a tradespeople so he/she isn't going to be browsing aisles all day long or sipping a latte in the bunnings coffee shop, so a little bit of patience and the spots would be empty again. In my opinion maybe bunnings should make a better option for disabled ppls spots and if this person is going to cop a fine (which I hope they don't) then everyone who parks a single vehicle in a trailer bay should also be sgamed and fined. Am getting a bit tired of ppl just complaining about these trivial things when others in the world are having their homes blown to pieces. Be grateful for where you live and the life you have and just keep a bit of patience when you go shopping.

Why? You won't getting anything from it. It's PRIVATE PROPERTY (unless there is signage stating local by laws officers enforce) no by laws apply. Other than maybe a motherhood statement, Bunnings will do absolutely nothing. Most likely this customers spends 000's at their store as opposed to the couple of $'s Mr & Mrs average spend. Where do you think their customer loyalty lies? Storm in a teacup, just go to another hardware store more personal satisfaction will be gained from taking your once in a blue moon mulch or packet of nails to a smaller retailer.
Spot on, I agree entirely. Stories like this tend to make me just delete the email altogether. However keep up the scam warnings, doesn't matter if they are repeats, ppl seem to need to have these warnings drummed in to their heads. Too many Australians are giving away their hard earned cash to easily. At least the bunnings driver isn't scamming you of money.

Some excuses are: I left my sticker at home (supposed to be displayed on the car at all times). I will only be a minute which tuns into multiple minutes. Who the f**k do you think you are. Big utes, cars and big idiots who have sign on top of their head "SPACE FOR RENT". Fortunately now the fines and point loss should deter and the fact police undercover cars have the ability to take photos to accompany with the fine. Officers walk carparks and any car in the dsabled car without a sticker will be fined.

View attachment 25291

Key Takeaways

What's with the trailer rego?

A disabled friend of mine delights in parking his vehicle in such a way that blocks these idiots in where possible. He goes and does his shopping and comes back to an individual steaming through the ears. Whilst not fully recommended, it is very funny to watch.

If they wanted to load the trailer with goods then they could have used the drive-thru area. I assume there was one at the store. A too big-headed arsehole for me.

Reactions: MotherGoose
Can you read out the rego number for me please?
It looks like 7TS 156. I've enhanced and enlarged that section of the photo only with my Photoshop program. I Don't know which state. Hopefully you can read it clearly. Try downloading the photo and enlarging to see clearly.Trailer number platre copy.jpg

A few people have made comments regarding private property. Just FYI, drivers who assume that they can get away with this sort of behaviour because it is on private property might be in for a rude shock. If there are parking issues, any owner of private property can approach their local government authority and request that their property be monitored by that authority's parking infringement officers. (There is a fee for this). This means that the parking officers will ticket the vehicles on private property just the same as if they were parked on public property.