Don't wait for the fizz to settle, do this trick instead!

Say goodbye to the frustration of waiting for your soft drink to settle before taking a sip. A nifty little trick that recently went viral on social media might just revolutionise your fizzy beverage experience!

The idea took the internet by storm after a man shared a video showcasing this ingenious trick, which has now garnered an impressive six million views.

Watching the video, you can't help but relate to his astonishment, as he exclaims, 'You're telling me for 40 years I've been fighting the fizz, and I could've been doing this? Ain't no way!'

Screen Shot 2023-05-15 at 4.26.11 PM.png
A man has shared a hack to stop fizzy drinks from spilling over when pouring from a bottle into a glass. Credit: Pexels/Karolina Grabowska.

The secret behind this astonishing solution is surprisingly simple. Here's how it works:

First, grab a glass or cup and unscrew your beloved soft drink bottle. Next, position the glass over the top of the bottle. Now comes the intriguing part—flip the entire setup so that the bottle is upside down, and the glass is now right-side up.

Finally, with a gentle motion, lift the bottle, allowing the liquid to flow into the glass at a slow and steady pace. What's truly remarkable about this method is that it guarantees a froth-free pour, drastically reducing the waiting time for the fizz to subside.

The man in the video can hardly contain his excitement, bursting into laughter as he exclaims, 'Wow!' And it seems that his astonishment is shared by thousands of people in the comment section, who can hardly believe the effectiveness of this simple trick.

One viewer said, 'You teach me so many things,' while another added, 'You learn something new every day.' A third commenter expressed their surprise, stating, 'I'm slightly older than you, and this is a first for me. Awesome!'

It's no surprise that this revolutionary idea has caused a stir online. After all, who would have thought that a glass and a simple flip would make such a significant difference in reducing the wait time for the fizz to settle?

As news of this fizzy drink method continues to spread, many have wondered if it can be applied to other carbonated beverages. Surprisingly, it turns out that experienced bartenders have been using this method for years, even for beers!

Some individuals were even quick to point out that this trick is old news in the bartending world. 'Where have you been? That's the oldest trick in the book,' commented one. Another agreed, saying, 'Every bartender on the planet knows this.'

It seems that this simple trick has been a well-kept secret in the world of bartending, allowing bartenders to pour froth-free glasses of beer and other fizzy drinks with ease.

In addition to the ingenious glass-flipping method, other commenters have offered their own tips and tricks for reducing fizz in carbonated drinks. One bartender recommended pouring the drink along the side of the glass at an angle to minimise the bubbles.

Some commenters suggested more unconventional approaches, such as 'putting your finger in the fizz', which is said to have the same effect, or even just drinking the beverage straight out of the bottle, for those who prefer to keep things simple. One thing is for sure — you can't go wrong with the latter!

Key Takeaways

• A viral video has revealed a simple trick to reduce the fizz in carbonated drinks. The trick involves flipping the bottle upside down and placing a glass over it, allowing the drink to pour in slowly without producing froth.
  • According to users, experienced bartenders have known about this trick for years and have successfully used it to serve froth-free beer and other fizzy drinks.

The next time you crave a glass of soft drink, why not put this ingenious trick to the test and savour the taste without the bothersome fizz? You'll be able to enjoy your drink in no time at all.

We're always on the lookout for secret tips and tricks when it comes to food and beverages. Do you have any other clever ideas up your sleeve? Share your wisdom in the comments section - we're eager to hear from you! Let's uncover more hidden gems together and make our daily experiences even more enjoyable. Cheers!

Sponsored
My 2 litre bottle of Coke won’t fit into my normal glass. I thought it would do so to stop it I turned the bottle and the glass over so bottle was right side up. So now my glass is empty and I have had a Coke shower along with the dog and the floor. Maybe I should stick to pouring it down the side? :):)