Does your answer to this chilling riddle classify you as a 'psychopath'? Find out here

Disclaimer: The SDC does not claim the contents of this article as an official mental health diagnosis. Kindly consult a healthcare professional for official advice.

We may have all heard riddles or puzzles before, many of which can be a nice challenge to your brain or just be seen as harmless fun.

But recently, we came across a problem that's darker than your average daytime quiz.

Jacob Skidmore, a man also known as The Nameless Narcissist online, shared a rather sinister riddle on social media. He claimed that if you can answer the riddle correctly, it's a major sign that you are a psychopath.

Photo_20230922_115329_0000.png
Jacob Skidmore, a diagnosed narcissist, shared a riddle on social media. Credit: @thenamelessnarcissist/TikTok

Jacob said in a video: ‘Keep in mind, there’s no research to validate this, so if you do get it right, don’t get all in a panic.’

‘However, that being said, the only people in my life who accurately answered were me, a diagnosed narcissist, and my sister, who is diagnosed with ASPD (antisocial personality disorder),’ he added. ‘So take that as you want.’

The story goes like this:

A woman goes to her mother's funeral and meets a bloke she has never seen before. The two hit it off instantly, and she felt sure he could be her soulmate.

However, after the funeral, she discovered she had forgotten to get his name and number. She had no idea who the man was, and whoever she asked didn’t know him either.

She eventually realised she would never see him again. The following week, the woman murdered her sister.

The question is as follows: Why did the woman in the story kill her sister?

The answer

Before you read ahead, have you figured out the answer to the riddle?

Jacob explained it in the video: ‘Now the answer is—because if she murders her sister, given that the sister and mother were related, there’s a good probability that the man will also show up to this funeral, the funeral of the sister that is.’

Does your answer to this riddle match this?

Jacob said that when he first heard it, the answer seemed obvious to him, and when he asked his sister the same question, she took a long time to answer, thinking it was a trick question.

‘But realistically speaking, if this does indicate anything, it sounds like more of Machiavellian traits rather than psychopathic ones,’ he. ‘But still, I think it’s a fun little riddle.’

He also admitted that it's unclear where the riddle stems from, but it has been going around online for a while.

Jacob's video has garnered 7.9 million views and left many social media users doubting his claim.

‘I solved it immediately, I think it’s more concerning if you can’t answer the riddle,’ one person commented.

‘I found the answer extremely obvious, and I’m pretty certain I am not a psychopath,’ another said.
‘But it’s such a linear story that the answer is obvious. The answer to the question is answered by the only info we have,’ a third person pointed out.

Meanwhile, others had a hard time answering the riddle, with one writing: ‘I was stuck on the fact that she was having fun and focused on a dude at her mom's funeral.’

‘I thought about it for a long time, and that answer didn’t even slightly cross my mind,’ someone stated.

Another viewer declared: ‘Nope, not obvious at all, and I was shocked by the answer, never would have come to that conclusion in a million years.’

You can watch Jacob’s video here:

Key Takeaways

• Diagnosed narcissist Jacob Skidmore shared a riddle he claims determines whether a person is a psychopath.
  • The riddle begins with a woman meeting a man at her mother's funeral, losing contact with him, and then murdering her sister a week later. The solution Skidmore suggests is that the woman did this in hopes of seeing the man at the sister's funeral.
  • Skidmore says the only people who have correctly guessed the answer in his life are himself, diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder, and his sister, diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder.
  • The video containing the riddle has gained more than 7.9 million views, with people divided over the riddle and its interpretation.

According to Healthline, psychopathy is not a clinical diagnosis but may refer to someone with antisocial personality disorder.

What do you think of the story, members? Share your thoughts in the comments below.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
Disclaimer: The SDC does not claim the contents of this article as an official mental health diagnosis. Kindly consult a healthcare professional for official advice.

We may have all heard riddles or puzzles before, many of which can be a nice challenge to your brain or just be seen as harmless fun.

But recently, we came across a problem that's darker than your average daytime quiz.

Jacob Skidmore, a man also known as The Nameless Narcissist online, shared a rather sinister riddle on social media. He claimed that if you can answer the riddle correctly, it's a major sign that you are a psychopath.

View attachment 30570
Jacob Skidmore, a diagnosed narcissist, shared a riddle on social media. Credit: @thenamelessnarcissist/TikTok

Jacob said in a video: ‘Keep in mind, there’s no research to validate this, so if you do get it right, don’t get all in a panic.’

‘However, that being said, the only people in my life who accurately answered were me, a diagnosed narcissist, and my sister, who is diagnosed with ASPD (antisocial personality disorder),’ he added. ‘So take that as you want.’

A woman goes to her mother's funeral and meets a bloke she has never seen before. The two hit it off instantly, and she felt sure he could be her soulmate.

However, after the funeral, she discovered she had forgotten to get his name and number. She had no idea who the man was, and whoever she asked didn’t know him either.

She eventually realised she would never see him again. The following week, the woman murdered her sister.

The answer

Jacob explained it in the video: ‘Now the answer is—because if she murders her sister, given that the sister and mother were related, there’s a good probability that the man will also show up to this funeral, the funeral of the sister that is.’

Jacob said that when he first heard it, the answer seemed obvious to him, and when he asked his sister the same question, she took a long time to answer, thinking it was a trick question.

‘But realistically speaking, if this does indicate anything, it sounds like more of Machiavellian traits rather than psychopathic ones,’ he. ‘But still, I think it’s a fun little riddle.’

He also admitted that it's unclear where the riddle stems from, but it has been going around online for a while.

Jacob's video has garnered 7.9 million views and left many social media users doubting his claim.

‘I solved it immediately, I think it’s more concerning if you can’t answer the riddle,’ one person commented.

‘I found the answer extremely obvious, and I’m pretty certain I am not a psychopath,’ another said.
‘But it’s such a linear story that the answer is obvious. The answer to the question is answered by the only info we have,’ a third person pointed out.

Meanwhile, others had a hard time answering the riddle, with one writing: ‘I was stuck on the fact that she was having fun and focused on a dude at her mom's funeral.’

‘I thought about it for a long time, and that answer didn’t even slightly cross my mind,’ someone stated.

Another viewer declared: ‘Nope, not obvious at all, and I was shocked by the answer, never would have come to that conclusion in a million years.’

Key Takeaways

• Diagnosed narcissist Jacob Skidmore shared a riddle he claims determines whether a person is a psychopath.
  • The riddle begins with a woman meeting a man at her mother's funeral, losing contact with him, and then murdering her sister a week later. The solution Skidmore suggests is that the woman did this in hopes of seeing the man at the sister's funeral.
  • Skidmore says the only people who have correctly guessed the answer in his life are himself, diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder, and his sister, diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder.
  • The video containing the riddle has gained more than 7.9 million views, with people divided over the riddle and its interpretation.

According to Healthline, psychopathy is not a clinical diagnosis but may refer to someone with antisocial personality disorder.

What do you think of the story, members? Share your thoughts in the comments below.

Nope didn't get it - I just thought she was crazy and a bitch that hated her sister!

Social media is EVIL.

View attachment 30570

The answer

Key Takeaways

Just because you picked out she's a psychopath, doesn't mean you are too...!
That would make most psychologists and psychiatrists psychopaths... hmmmm!!!!!

View attachment 30570

The answer

Key Takeaways

I got it right
So, I must be a psychopath lol

View attachment 30570

The answer

Key Takeaways

I thought that maybe the sister was dating the guy she fell for.

Geez that was so obvious what the answer was, I’d hazard a guess that more people get it than don’t, so there must be a lot of psychopaths running around out there.

Reactions: Blingupurlife
I thought the sister had got the guys phone number and was dating him behind her sisters back, that’s why she murdered her.

I like to think I'm a psychopath, but had a different thinking why she did it. Firstly, I would assume she would ask the sister if she knew the man, if not, killed her to (potentially) be the sole beneficiary of any estate.