Do you have these meringues at home? Urgent recall due to undeclared allergen!

We know how much you enjoy indulging in a sweet treat alongside your afternoon cuppa. However, we have some important news regarding a recent purchase you might have made: Coffee Table Delights Meringues.

It has come to our attention that these meringues have been recalled due to a serious allergen concern. It turns out that they contain an ingredient that has not been declared on the packaging—gluten. This oversight is worrisome as the front of the packaging claims the meringues are gluten-free.

The authorities at Food Standards Australia have taken swift action by issuing this recall. Consuming this product could lead to adverse reactions if you have a gluten intolerance or Coeliac disease.

compressed-Screenshot_1.jpeg
Please be aware that the Coffee Table Delight meringues have been recalled due to the presence of gluten. Source: Coffee Table Delights

These meringues were sold at various locations, including IGA stores and independent grocery stores across Western Australia.

If you happen to have purchased these meringues and they are currently in your pantry, we urge you to take a moment to check. Your health and safety are of utmost importance.

To protect yourself and your loved ones, we urge you not to consume these Coffee Table Delights Meringues. Instead, if you have purchased the affected product, please return it to the place of purchase without delay. By doing so, you will be eligible for a full refund.

If you need further information or assistance, you can reach out to Coffee Table Delights on 08 9383 7341 or visit their website at www.coffeetabledelights.com.au.

compressed-pexels-photo-6400671.jpeg
For your safety, we strongly advise against consuming the Coffee Table Delight meringues that have been recalled due to the presence of gluten. Image by Сослан from pexels

It is essential for our community to be aware of such recalls, especially when they involve allergens. Allergic reactions can range from mild to severe and even life-threatening in some cases.

This recall serves as a reminder to be vigilant in checking food packaging labels and keeping informed of current recall announcements to ensure our health and safety.

This meringue recall comes on the heels of another recall involving a favourite online sensation—That's Amore Cheese.

The burrata cheese 125g product was recently recalled due to contamination from listeria monocytogenes, which can cause severe illness in pregnant women, unborn babies, infants, older adults, and those with weak immune systems.

Key Takeaways
  • Coffee Table Delights meringues have been urgently recalled due to undeclared gluten in the packaging.
  • The product has been sold in IGA and independent grocery stores across Western Australia, and customers are urged not to consume them.
  • Consumers can return the meringues to the place of purchase for a full refund.
  • This recall follows a recent recall of That's Amore Cheese burrata cheese 125g product due to contamination from listeria monocytogenes, which can cause serious illness.
At the Seniors Discount Club, we're here to update you about any food recalls that may affect our community. We hope this information helps you stay safe and make informed decisions when enjoying your sweet and savoury treats. Happy (and safe) snacking!

Members, what are your thoughts on this story? Let us know in the comments section below.

Sponsored
We know how much you enjoy indulging in a sweet treat alongside your afternoon cuppa. However, we have some important news regarding a recent purchase you might have made: Coffee Table Delights Meringues.

It has come to our attention that these meringues have been recalled due to a serious allergen concern. It turns out that they contain an ingredient that has not been declared on the packaging—gluten. This oversight is worrisome as the front of the packaging claims the meringues are gluten-free.

The authorities at Food Standards Australia have taken swift action by issuing this recall. Consuming this product could lead to adverse reactions if you have a gluten intolerance or Coeliac disease.

View attachment 22620
Please be aware that the Coffee Table Delight meringues have been recalled due to the presence of gluten. Source: Coffee Table Delights

These meringues were sold at various locations, including IGA stores and independent grocery stores across Western Australia.

If you happen to have purchased these meringues and they are currently in your pantry, we urge you to take a moment to check. Your health and safety are of utmost importance.

To protect yourself and your loved ones, we urge you not to consume these Coffee Table Delights Meringues. Instead, if you have purchased the affected product, please return it to the place of purchase without delay. By doing so, you will be eligible for a full refund.

If you need further information or assistance, you can reach out to Coffee Table Delights on 08 9383 7341 or visit their website at www.coffeetabledelights.com.au.

View attachment 22621
For your safety, we strongly advise against consuming the Coffee Table Delight meringues that have been recalled due to the presence of gluten. Image by Сослан from pexels

It is essential for our community to be aware of such recalls, especially when they involve allergens. Allergic reactions can range from mild to severe and even life-threatening in some cases.

This recall serves as a reminder to be vigilant in checking food packaging labels and keeping informed of current recall announcements to ensure our health and safety.

This meringue recall comes on the heels of another recall involving a favourite online sensation—That's Amore Cheese.

The burrata cheese 125g product was recently recalled due to contamination from listeria monocytogenes, which can cause severe illness in pregnant women, unborn babies, infants, older adults, and those with weak immune systems.

Key Takeaways

• Coffee Table Delights meringues have been urgently recalled due to undeclared gluten in the packaging.
  • The product has been sold in IGA and independent grocery stores across Western Australia, and customers are urged not to consume them.
  • Consumers can return the meringues to the place of purchase for a full refund.
  • This recall follows a recent recall of That's Amore Cheese burrata cheese 125g product due to contamination from listeria monocytogenes, which can cause serious illness.
At the Seniors Discount Club, we're here to update you about any food recalls that may affect our community. We hope this information helps you stay safe and make informed decisions when enjoying your sweet and savoury treats. Happy (and safe) snacking!

Members, what are your thoughts on this story? Let us know in the comments section below.
Why is it called a cult following dessert ? I was not aware they were so popular. A very emotive term “cult following”

This is getting ridiculous!

No, I don't have any meringues in the house and if I did, I would enjoy eating them!

Gluten? Wheat, oats, barley and rye contain gluten and we eat that stuff every day.

Reactions: Zoya and Petra

No, I don't have any meringues in the house and if I did, I would enjoy eating them!

Gluten? Wheat, oats, barley and rye contain gluten and we eat that stuff every day.
Sorry there - not if you have a gluten intolerance! it seems more and more people have a gluten intolerance along with lactose intolerance, and many people can't have wheat - when we where kids we ate everything:_) - but most things where home made-so no preservatives, no additives! just food!

Reactions: TheBear
Sorry there - not if you have a gluten intolerance! it seems more and more people have a gluten intolerance along with lactose intolerance, and many people can't have wheat - when we where kids we ate everything:_) - but most things where home made-so no preservatives, no additives! just food!
A lot of that gluten intolerance is in their head, because it is fashionable to have allergies.

A lot of that gluten intolerance is in their head, because it is fashionable to have allergies.
Sori don't agree - if it was all in the head the clinical tests would not come up as having the intolerances-and the reaction that people have to the items if eaten, advises them they have either an allergy or an intolerance:_)

Sori don't agree - if it was all in the head the clinical tests would not come up as having the intolerances-and the reaction that people have to the items if eaten, advises them they have either an allergy or an intolerance:_)
SOME people have gluten intolerance, but a whole lot more claim to have an intolerance when they don't

Trudi if you had coeliac and allergy to gluten you would be very sick

True, but for a genuine coeliac which my son is it can be very dangerous