SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Vella Gonzaga

Vella Gonzaga

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2021
Do you have any shopping tips or tricks that can help speed up your grocery runs?

Hey folks!

It’s been a long time since we had a get-to-know-each-other session. So, I thought I’d share a life update with you all. So, I went grocery shopping yesterday, and it took me longer than usual. I found myself overwhelmed by product labels and occasionally distracted by things I didn’t need! 😅Can you relate?

So, here’s a call to all the shopping gurus out there: Share your best shopping tips and tricks to make the process smoother and faster. Whether it’s a nifty way to read labels efficiently or a method to stay focused on your list, I want to know! Let’s make our next shopping trips a breeze!

gro.jpeg
Credits: Unsplash​

Last edited:
Reactions: Babybird
The best method is to decide how many days you are shopping for, make up a menu for that many says including all meals and snacks. Then compile a shopping list to cover all of these meals,. The daily menu can be interchangeable to suit your particular desires. Use a store shopping app to build your shopping list which will offer product comparisons available and then lock in the items you want to buy. The app then produces a shopping list showing the aisle numbers and you simply follow the list without any distractions and not forgetting anything.

Reactions: Suzanne rose
Do you have any shopping tips or tricks that can help speed up your grocery runs?

Hey folks!

It’s been a long time since we had a get-to-know-each-other session. So, I thought I’d share a life update with you all. So, I went grocery shopping yesterday, and it took me longer than usual. I found myself overwhelmed by product labels and occasionally distracted by things I didn’t need! 😅Can you relate?

So, here’s a call to all the shopping gurus out there: Share your best shopping tips and tricks to make the process smoother and faster. Whether it’s a nifty way to read labels efficiently or a method to stay focused on your list, I want to know! Let’s make our next shopping trips a breeze!

View attachment 26176
Credits: Unsplash​
I check the catalogue and other specials online, make my list, then try as much as is humanly possible to stick to it. Not always successful but mostly :sneaky:

TO MAKE MY GROCERY SHOPPING EASIER I OBTAINED A STORE GUIDE. SO WHEN I WRITE OUT MY SHOPPING LIST I PUT THE AISLE NUMBER NEXT TO IT.
That's a great idea. There are times I can't find something cause they've been moved. Trying to read the list at the end of the aisle without my glasses is hopeless. Thanks for the tip 👍

I have a print out from my computer of all essentials. Then when I take the last one from my pantry. I tick the box and check the specials. Check all specials from junk mail. Tick the box if I am nearing empty with the store code. Then shop for only what is on my list.

Reactions: Ricki
I shop on line and create a cart and add to that prior to ordering.

Make a list is important otherwise you will get items you don't need, and forget the items you need.

Also shopping on line saves time. I save money by not being tempted to buy in other shops.

On line you get to see all the specials in one shop

Also I set a budget and if I stay under then I buy extra 50 % off items like detergents

My wife and I check the catalogues that come in the "junk" mail or on line. Our local shopping centre has the 3 major supermarkets. We see who has what specials, and make out our list comparing products and prices.

I have the catalogues via email so I can sit at my leisure to see what specials are on, If they are very good specials then I will get a couple of extras, for instance the lipton tea bags 100 pack are 2.90 instead of 5.80 so on Thursday our shopping day I brought two, today when we go and get some more milk as we always do on a Saturday I will get two more so I won't have to worry about buying them for several months. As long as the product you buy on special has a long shelf life you can do that. There are many more that we do that with, washing up liquid, clothes washing liquid, cleaning products. etc. That way you can treat yourself if you desire to a pack or two of biscuits.