Perhaps it's because her initials of EP means she goes round and round, (chuckles at his record joke)......ok....back to gardening.
Gee Goodbloke next thing you'll be telling us you remember 78's and wind up gramophones! o_O

Oh my goodness! I sometimes forget how old I am... now I must sort out if you are fair dinkum or joking with me... lol
But as a member of the seniors hmmm quite likely.... you still haven't heard of them 78rpm records (both 10 & 12 inch diameter) were the norm from the mid thirties until their demise during the late 40's, early 50's at which time vinyl records came into being, Originally 12 inches for classical music, 10inch for popular, then along came 45 rpm vinyl 7 inch singles song for the pop industry. I have just realised you could have got all that and more from Mr Google groaaan..... hahaha VT :D

• Haha
Reactions: Goodbloke
My forum name Vinylted has been in use by me for an avatar/ ID name for over 25years due to my addiction to Hi Fi in all it's glories of superb sound from the vinyl discs using super expensive equipment. Then along came cd's with digital sound versus the analogue of vinyl.
The purists were aghast! You can't break up a sound wave into a myriad of digital bits and have it sound as good.... The first were recorded at about 44 bit/second and they had a case. Then MP3 came along recorded at 128bit/second and is still the most used standard Digital purists use 256 bits/sec.. There have been reams written on the subject but in double blind tests between analogue and digital and judged by the "golden eared brigade" were never conclusive. There are still the purists and golden eared people who claim to tell the difference.
I got rid of over 500 vinyl LPs when I moved into my retirement village (I'm still bleeding internally lol) but kept all my CD's and a very few irreplaceable cassettes.... sorry hobby horse and you caused a finger to be removed from the dike! :D ie you will always have dissenters just like conspiracy people and flat earthers... human nature.

My forum name Vinylted has been in use by me for an avatar/ ID name for over 25years due to my addiction to Hi Fi in all it's glories of superb sound from the vinyl discs using super expensive equipment. Then along came cd's with digital sound versus the analogue of vinyl.
The purists were aghast! You can't break up a sound wave into a myriad of digital bits and have it sound as good.... The first were recorded at about 44 bit/second and they had a case. Then MP3 came along recorded at 128bit/second and is still the most used standard Digital purists use 256 bits/sec.. There have been reams written on the subject but in double blind tests between analogue and digital and judged by the "golden eared brigade" were never conclusive. There are still the purists and golden eared people who claim to tell the difference.
I got rid of over 500 vinyl LPs when I moved into my retirement village (I'm still bleeding internally lol) but kept all my CD's and a very few irreplaceable cassettes.... sorry hobby horse and you caused a finger to be removed from the dike! :D ie you will always have dissenters just like conspiracy people and flat earthers... human nature.
I regret donating all my vinyl about 12 years ago. We moved to a unit in an over 55's complex and there was no room for them. Today I listen on a MacBook Air Laptop and the sound is reasonable, better if I use my Bose Headphones ( for when the wife has something on her computer that she is listening to, usually a Netflix movie). There is more music available on YouTube than I will ever get thru, also I can tune into a digital radio station 6GTDAB which plays 60's, 70's and 80's music with few adds as an alternative. I have lots of CD's however no CD player, the old CD sound system started to skip so it went to the recyclers. I loved vinyl, the challenge of placing the stylus on the correct track, nowadays with a few trembles in my hands that won't work anymore.

I regret donating all my vinyl about 12 years ago. We moved to a unit in an over 55's complex and there was no room for them. Today I listen on a MacBook Air Laptop and the sound is reasonable, better if I use my Bose Headphones ( for when the wife has something on her computer that she is listening to, usually a Netflix movie). There is more music available on YouTube than I will ever get thru, also I can tune into a digital radio station 6GTDAB which plays 60's, 70's and 80's music with few adds as an alternative. I have lots of CD's however no CD player, the old CD sound system started to skip so it went to the recyclers. I loved vinyl, the challenge of placing the stylus on the correct track, nowadays with a few trembles in my hands that won't work anymore.
Yes golden days and back then also hearing to match, but age has also taken care of that also. A failed stapedectomy in one ear hearing aid in the other, working flat out I still enjoy my music, because I listen to the music and not the absence of noise as in the old days. :D

Oh my goodness! I sometimes forget how old I am... now I must sort out if you are fair dinkum or joking with me... lol
But as a member of the seniors hmmm quite likely.... you still haven't heard of them 78rpm records (both 10 & 12 inch diameter) were the norm from the mid thirties until their demise during the late 40's, early 50's at which time vinyl records came into being, Originally 12 inches for classical music, 10inch for popular, then along came 45 rpm vinyl 7 inch singles song for the pop industry. I have just realised you could have got all that and more from Mr Google groaaan..... hahaha VT :D
Who needs Google when I can have @Vinylted explain things to me in his entertaining fashion 😂 By the way... Is that where the name Vinylted comes from?

Do you have a big collection? Post a picture if you will :)
Sadly, when I moved to my retirement village I had to get rid of them..... over 500 sigh. It still hurts but then again everything I loved I had copied onto cd's in MP3 format, quite adequate for my now tin ears.. lol :D

• Sad
Reactions: Xe
Sadly, when I moved to my retirement village I had to get rid of them..... over 500 sigh. It still hurts but then again everything I loved I had copied onto cd's in MP3 format, quite adequate for my now tin ears.. lol :D
Well i hope you got a good price for them! That sounds like quite a collection

Sold on ebay about 8 years ago, I got $37 for the lot from a bloke who ran a market stall.... I got even less for for the 300+ cassette tapes, but did a bit better with $70 for 150 78rpm records. Almost everything is available on you tube now, some with video of old performers.

Sold on ebay about 8 years ago, I got $37 for the lot from a bloke who ran a market stall.... I got even less for for the 300+ cassette tapes, but did a bit better with $70 for 150 78rpm records. Almost everything is available on you tube now, some with video of old performers.
Thats daylight robbery! Even though everything is available online now, collectors usually will pay more for vintage items. It’s a pity.