Diva behaviour? Insider reports reveal one Royal Family member's attitude towards staff members

The Royal Family has been the centre of attention and speculation since time immemorial.

As the majority of its members spend their holidays at the Balmoral Estate, a Royal Couple faced backlash as allegations of mistreatment resurfaced in the middle of preparations for a special event.

The Hollywood Reporter painted a workplace environment fraught with tension and unease.

As the Duke and Duchess of Sussex prepare for Prince Harry's 40th birthday, Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, faced fresh claims of 'diva' behaviour.

This earned her the moniker 'Duchess Difficult' from those who work closely with her.

compressed-Duke and Duchess of Sussex.jpeg
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex moved to the United States in 2020. Image Credit: Shutterstock/Lev Radin

According to sources, Meghan had a tendency to 'belittle' staff members and 'march around like a dictator in high heels, fuming and barking orders'.

The report also claimed that her work approach was severe, it brought grown men and staff to tears—a shocking revelation that adds to the narrative of a difficult Duchess.

These claims about Meghan's unpopularity among her staff coincided with a significant event for the team.

The departure of their chief of staff, Josh Kettler, after three months of service raised eyebrows, fuelling speculations about the working conditions within the Duke and Duchess's household.

Royal expert Hugo Vickers weighed in as they recounted tales from Windsor locals about Meghan's alleged behaviour while staying at the Adelaide Cottage.

'There was a time when she was incredibly rude to one of the sub-gardeners, and the head gardener complained to the Queen, and she drove down to Adelaide Cottage and ticked her off,' Vickers shared.

The inability to retain staff also became a telling sign for Vickers, as it contrasted their situation with the late Prince Philip's reputation.

The Duchess faced similar accusations through reports of bullying towards palace staff before moving to California.

These allegations led to an inquiry by royal aides, as some staff members were left 'traumatised', and attributed their post-traumatic stress to their experiences with the Duchess of Sussex.

Although the details of the inquiry were never disclosed, Meghan's legal team denied the accusations, dismissing them as part of a 'calculated smear campaign'.

Despite these controversies, the couple continues to keep a high public profile.

Since their marriage in 2018, at least 18 staff members have left their estate, with over half of the said staff departing after they relocated to California.

As Prince Harry approaches his 40th birthday, sources suggested he feels isolated in the United States.

Harry, however, appeared to look forward to a new decade in his life, expressing excitement about continuing his philanthropic efforts.

The Duke planned to celebrate this milestone privately with Meghan and their family, followed by a getaway with close friends.

In a statement, he paid tribute to his children, who have 'sharpened his focus' on his work and charitable endeavours.

The juxtaposition of the Duke's positive outlook and the swirling allegations around the Duchess's behaviour presented a complex picture of the couple's life away from the royal fold.
Key Takeaways

• Insiders reported that Meghan Markle had been given a derogatory nickname by her staff due to allegations of demeaning behaviour.
  • The accusations against Meghan included allegations of her being 'absolutely relentless' towards employees.
  • Speculations about their high staff turnover rose after reports that the Duke and Duchess's chief of staff left after three months, along with about 18 staff resignations.
  • Ahead of Prince Harry's 40th birthday, the Duke of Sussex revealed modest plans for his birthday celebration.
Have you experienced similar challenges at work? Do you believe there's more to the narrative than meets the eye? We invite you to share your thoughts on this unfolding story in the comments section below.

Sponsored
Ahh, the Duck and Douchess are in the news again, WHAT A SHAME!
As Prince Harry approaches his 40th birthday, sources suggested he feels isolated in the United States.
He chose to chuck it in and move to the US. Maybe she can become Trumps District Attorney. :ROFLMAO:
Look very carefully at the photo, you can see a little black mustache starting to grow.

Last edited:
From my previous posts on the Royal Family, I do not have the time of day for a concern which has no bearing on Australia, except for some wingnut called King Charlie who claims to be the Head of State.

Markle is less than nothing in the scheme of things. Who is she? What purpose does this bush pig serve other than to waste space on the planet that could be filled by a more worthy person? Anybody would do.

You may think this as being harsh. Unfortunately, it is fact. If Markle was run over by a garbage truck, I wouldn't bat an eyelid. Life will go on with one less leech sucking the goodness from society.

I have a feeling that deep down Harry now regrets his choice of a wife. He has lost his royal status, his family in the U.K., his country and his brother. I think Miss Difficult is a social climber. In time Harry will realise his error but I don't know what he will do about it!
He should kick her in the A** and go back to his family and leave her with nothing.

I have a feeling that deep down Harry now regrets his choice of a wife. He has lost his royal status, his family in the U.K., his country and his brother. I think Miss Difficult is a social climber. In time Harry will realise his error but I don't know what he will do about it!
Markle is climbing a greasy pole. The more she tries, the further she slides down.

Well, obviously, as we don't know the "lady" personally I would think the sheer number of original palace staff's complaints and the number of staff still leaving their employ speaks volumes.
I think her title has gone to her head.
Considering they left the royal family and do no royal duties I don't understand why they are still allowed to use these titles
They, of their own free choice, made this decision.
Harry, silly idiot, will always be a prince by birthright, she is a nobody. They should not be allowed any other title, they gave up the right.

Well, obviously, as we don't know the "lady" personally I would think the sheer number of original palace staff's complaints and the number of staff still leaving their employ speaks volumes.
I think her title has gone to her head.
Considering they left the royal family and do no royal duties I don't understand why they are still allowed to use these titles
They, of their own free choice, made this decision.
Harry, silly idiot, will always be a prince by birthright, she is a nobody. They should not be allowed any other title, they gave up the right.
Agree they should just be known as Mr & Mrs Harry Windsor

He chose to chuck it in and move to the US. Maybe she can become Trumps District Attorney. :ROFLMAO:
Look very carefully at the photo, you can see a little black mustache starting to grow.
Moustache...? That's nothing... have you seen the horns...?!?!