Disturbing discovery at ALDI: Gross finding to be aware of

When it comes to grocery shopping, ALDI has become a go-to destination for many Australians looking to stretch their dollar further without compromising on quality.

Known for its cost-effective prices and eclectic products, ALDI has carved out a niche that has garnered a loyal customer base, particularly among the over-60s.

However, recent complaints have surfaced, leaving some shoppers with a sour taste.

The ALDI Mums social media group, a community where shoppers share their finds and feedback, has been abuzz with unsettling reports of mouldy dairy products.

One mum's post sparked widespread concern. It featured an image of ALDI's Brooklea Chocolate Flavoured Mousse covered in mould.

1720053398912.png
ALDI shoppers reported finding mouldy dairy products, including chocolate-flavoured mousse, that had yet to expire. Credit: Facebook

‘I don't know what I'm meant to do. I checked the rest of the packets, and each and every one of them is mouldy.’ she wrote.

‘Absolutely disgusting considering you put these in kids' lunch boxes, and you can't pre-check this stuff,’

This revelation has struck a chord with the group, as many of us trust that the food we buy, especially those we pack for our grandchildren's lunches, is safe and fresh.

‘Take them back or chuck 'em.’ one shopper responded.

Shoppers have reported similar experiences with other dairy items such as milk and cheese, with one customer even extending their dissatisfaction with ALDI's meat products.

‘I've had the same issue with ALDI milk over five times now. I've stopped buying milk there altogether. Actually, most dairy products I avoid at ALDI.’ one said.

‘We had this, but with ALDI meat, we had to stop buying it.’ another shared.

The frustration reached its peak when one member of the group asked a direct and pointed question:

‘Why does ALDI have so much mould on their products? Do they not store things correctly?’

‘I know everyone says it's the company who makes them [that is at] fault, but it seems like ALDI is [has so many] mouldy products.’

‘I've had mouldy cheese and bread that's still well in the use-by date.’

The agreement kept coming, with one shopper pointing out:

‘I find they never check their dates or produce. One day I was in there, and there were a lot of of things at ALDI.’

It's a fair question, considering that mould can develop due to various factors, including improper storage temperatures, damaged packaging, or simply a lapse in checking the sell-by dates.

Some shoppers have taken a light-hearted approach to the situation, joking about unintentionally purchasing 'blue cheese’.

In response to the uproar, some ALDI customers have offered practical advice.

‘‘This clearly has a small pinhole on the packet and has gone off,’ the shopper said.

‘Can happen to anything.’

Others have praised ALDI's return policy: ‘You would be offered an exchange or refund. No questions asked.’

ALDI's official stance is that the company maintains 'stringent quality standards'.

‘We encourage any customer to provide feedback directly via our help centre, so we can investigate any allegations of a product not meeting expectations,’ an ALDI spokesperson said.

In another supermarket update, ALDI has unveiled a limited edition of Urban Eats Brazilian Style Cheese Bread, which has elicited varied responses from shoppers.

Priced at $5.99, this gluten-free cheese bread has been stocked in ALDI’s freezer aisle since April. You can click here for more details.
Key Takeaways

• ALDI shoppers have reported finding mouldy dairy products, including chocolate-flavoured mousse, that had not expired.
  • There were multiple complaints from the ALDI Mums social media group about various dairy items, including milk and cheese, with some customers stopping the purchase of these products at ALDI altogether.
  • Social media users discussed the issue, with some questioning ALDI amending the other guidelines for storing products correctly and pointing out that mould had been found in different items like cheese and bread within their use-by dates.
  • Although ALDI did not respond directly to the reports of mould, the spokesperson stated that ALDI has stringent quality standards and encouraged customers to provide feedback directly for any issues with products to be investigated.
Have you encountered mouldy products while grocery shopping? How did the store handle your complaint? Share your stories in the comments below.

Sponsored
It seems Aldi has a big problem with contaminated food and it should be investigated by regulators.

Reactions: Ricci
It seems Aldi has a big problem with contaminated food and it should be investigated by regulators.
A regular Aldi shopper I have learned what not to buy. Rarely have I had mouldy or substandard food from the big two who check dates and put out near use bye at discount. Perhaps Aldi need more staff to do this.

Reactions: hinda and Red Gem
I have shopped at Aldi for years, I've never had a problem with anything.
I knew a person many years ago who would deliberately damage products just so she could complain to the manufacturer.
This would usually result in her getting bonus product along with an apology.
I guess she wouldn't be the only person pulling this scam.

Every time I have relented and bought fresh chicken from Aldi, it has been off (to the point where the smell will make you vomit) within 24 hours. I never buy 'reduced for quick sale' raw chicken and I will never buy from Aldi again.

Reactions: hinda
So, the ALDI Mums social media group gives refunds for contaminated or tainted products? Try this tactic instead.

ALDI encouraged direct feedback through their help centre, allowing them to investigate and address any issues.

Works a helluva lot better than some bunch of women who engage in a "who's the biggest whinger" contest!

I have been buying from Aldi for many years, in Australia, the UK and the US. I've never had a problem with their products. The only store which was not of the same standard as the UK and Australian stores, was the one I visited in the US. I also buy regularly from Coles and find their fruit and veg section extremely variable in quality, and more expensive than Aldi.

No, but I have notice that if you buy bagged fruit there is often some that are "off"

Take them to Aldi and get a refund..... Customer satisfaction.... they have this built into their pricing... QED...I've done it before

Reactions: Reaper123
So, the ALDI Mums social media group gives refunds for contaminated or tainted products? Try this tactic instead.

ALDI encouraged direct feedback through their help centre, allowing them to investigate and address any issues.

Works a helluva lot better than some bunch of women who engage in a "who's the biggest whinger" contest!
Agree veggie patch.Its not just aldi also,what happened to making a call or email etc to the people that can really help find out why this is happening ,and not posting dead spider in salad bag pictures etc on line.These mums mustn't have much to do

Reactions: Veggiepatch