Disney Cruise Line Is Bringing The Wonder To Australia And New Zealand

Prepare yourselves, folks, because the magic of Disney will soon be making its way to Australian shores!

If you and your family love being on a cruise and are huge fans of Disney characters and stories, this will be fantastic news for you—for the first time ever, Disney Cruise Line is sailing to Australia and New Zealand.

You'll get to experience the magic of Disney while you're at sea, with Broadway-style entertainment, meet-and-greets with Disney characters, dining experiences that are unique and sophisticated, interactions with Marvel and Star Wars characters, and a great deal more.

There are cruises departing from Auckland, Brisbane, Melbourne, and Sydney, with itineraries lasting between two and six nights, from October 2023 to February 2024. You never know how far you'll go, just like Moana!

uzYMdGuPvOsDzmsUXYR4JO-wHQkxhEFeD0Kkdo2n3OuDJ1tUm5cr-mMD8iWfj6WfCYBPaFXK3nx6zIkvX2ajDNkeImZHhxAByq6-DlhoJSWrY83c2pwslf9oaHIH2Aw2AgfkyhlOf2PPgrWalQaaq286pYVZxBEnay4HemAkqnAIPCSneLI_jW9Qkg

Disney Cruise Line is coming to Australia and New Zealand for the first time ever. Credit: Matt Stroshane/Disney.

From its founding in 1998 till now, Disney Cruise Line has never set sail from Australia or New Zealand. Instead, it has always left from ports in the United States or Europe.

'We are so excited to bring the magic of a Disney cruise vacation close to home for guests in Australia and New Zealand,' said Josh D'Amaro, Chairman, Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.

'On these limited-time sailings, the ship is the destination, and our amazing Disney Cruise Line crew can't wait to welcome guests on board as they are immersed in their favourite stories from Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars.'

What can you and your family look forward to while on board?

All the magic and wonder of Disney can be found on the Disney Magic at Sea cruises, making for a truly unforgettable holiday trip for the whole family. The Disney Wonder has several dining options, swimming pools, and entertainment venues spread out across its 11 decks.

If you're a fan of the classics, we bet meeting Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, and their good pals Goofy and Pluto will be an experience the whole family (yes, even the adults) will remember for a long time.

hgLDisPF8vq4UKp0GhA1sA-EdIRISEtuAUQtEWN0fMbxTCXUgJvK0Crc2iB2Fvq_UVdU_PFE28SL70m7DkgcR2tJWAE_zmiW27Nzp2Ruz5W63xam9xu7WoouaAxOa0bnEkknAuUGbZaf4M1SJv3PeNk7jukPtknYOguEkECjtzB0UWdNLlvVsfwyvA

You can count on seeing many of your favourite Disney characters and live shows while on board. Credit: Matt Stroshane/Disney.

If you're up for some action, come feel the Force and get in touch with your inner Jedi as you witness rare appearances by Chewbacca and Rey from Star Wars!

Then, be prepared to get to know some of the most powerful heroes that Marvel has to offer, such as Spider-Man, Captain Marvel, and Thor. (Even though we know for a fact that no bad guys will be on board, you need not worry; these superheroes are more than capable of keeping everyone safe.)

When your feet have given out from sightseeing and walking about all day, you need not worry about the grandchildren's entertainment; there are plenty of playgrounds to keep them occupied.

There's the Oceaneer Club, where grandkids can embark on an adventure similar to that in Frozen, the multi-level reproduction of Andy's Room from Toy Story, the Marvel Super Hero Academy, where they might unlock their inner hero, and many more.

And if meet-and-greets aren't your thing (or if you're already famished after meeting every single one of them), there are also plenty of fantastic restaurants to choose from.

Visit Princess Tiana at her restaurant, Tiana's Place, for some authentic New Orleans cuisine and a chance to mingle. Or you can also go to the Animator's Palate, an innovative restaurant that pays tribute to Disney animation through a variety of interactive activities.

6285_yxzBN8aprsZfa6ZvvITK1uu_03kq8V4YcSS6bDpFsicGgDqUOQoHb3xX2T2dBHOALJ-xhc0mkcesOyrV7NSSK31h6JfjE3d1mQCYU1OqbOeTyRwRDGecqKCVB_nJ-5tLabmH9lud0tX4ar9VgHA4HK7Fyj8iol21jjgZvoPQ9yR_sCw0s_nBg

Each and every guest, regardless of age, will be able to enjoy the variety of activities available. Credit: Matt Stroshane/Disney.

Still not convinced? A Disney cruise is fun for all ages, so don't discount it just because you're an adult.

There will be plenty of private, exclusive areas where you can escape from the kids, kick back, and unwind for a while. Palo offers a refined dining experience, the adults-only Quiet Cove pool is perfect for a relaxing swim, and the Senses Spa & Salon is perfect for a full-body rejuvenation.

After everyone has gotten their fill of unique experiences, the whole family can cap off the trip by watching a show together, such as Frozen, A Musical Spectacular, a Broadway-style musical based on the hit Disney film. Then, after that, have some fun with several events on deck, including fireworks at sea and a special pirate-themed night.

Does anything like this appeal to your sense of adventure, folks? Bookings will be available to the general public beginning on Thursday, September 29, 2022, at 8 am AEST, and 11 am NZDT, so better mark your calendars if you can't wait to be a part of that world!

For additional details, please visit the following link. If you are going, we wish you the best of luck, and we hope you enjoy yourself, members!

Sponsored
I used to love cruising and would go at the drop of a hat, but I'm not yet convinced that it's safe to go back and when I do I'm not sure that Disney would do it for me. I'm after something a little more sophisticated and relaxing.:)

I used to love cruising and would go at the drop of a hat, but I'm not yet convinced that it's safe to go back and when I do I'm not sure that Disney would do it for me. I'm after something a little more sophisticated and relaxing.:)
I agree🙂👍

Reactions: Ezzy and Ricci
Prepare yourselves, folks, because the magic of Disney will soon be making its way to Australian shores!

If you and your family love being on a cruise and are huge fans of Disney characters and stories, this will be fantastic news for you—for the first time ever, Disney Cruise Line is sailing to Australia and New Zealand.

You'll get to experience the magic of Disney while you're at sea, with Broadway-style entertainment, meet-and-greets with Disney characters, dining experiences that are unique and sophisticated, interactions with Marvel and Star Wars characters, and a great deal more.

There are cruises departing from Auckland, Brisbane, Melbourne, and Sydney, with itineraries lasting between two and six nights, from October 2023 to February 2024. You never know how far you'll go, just like Moana!

uzYMdGuPvOsDzmsUXYR4JO-wHQkxhEFeD0Kkdo2n3OuDJ1tUm5cr-mMD8iWfj6WfCYBPaFXK3nx6zIkvX2ajDNkeImZHhxAByq6-DlhoJSWrY83c2pwslf9oaHIH2Aw2AgfkyhlOf2PPgrWalQaaq286pYVZxBEnay4HemAkqnAIPCSneLI_jW9Qkg

Disney Cruise Line is coming to Australia and New Zealand for the first time ever. Credit: Matt Stroshane/Disney.

From its founding in 1998 till now, Disney Cruise Line has never set sail from Australia or New Zealand. Instead, it has always left from ports in the United States or Europe.

'We are so excited to bring the magic of a Disney cruise vacation close to home for guests in Australia and New Zealand,' said Josh D'Amaro, Chairman, Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.

'On these limited-time sailings, the ship is the destination, and our amazing Disney Cruise Line crew can't wait to welcome guests on board as they are immersed in their favourite stories from Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars.'

What can you and your family look forward to while on board?

All the magic and wonder of Disney can be found on the Disney Magic at Sea cruises, making for a truly unforgettable holiday trip for the whole family. The Disney Wonder has several dining options, swimming pools, and entertainment venues spread out across its 11 decks.

If you're a fan of the classics, we bet meeting Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, and their good pals Goofy and Pluto will be an experience the whole family (yes, even the adults) will remember for a long time.

hgLDisPF8vq4UKp0GhA1sA-EdIRISEtuAUQtEWN0fMbxTCXUgJvK0Crc2iB2Fvq_UVdU_PFE28SL70m7DkgcR2tJWAE_zmiW27Nzp2Ruz5W63xam9xu7WoouaAxOa0bnEkknAuUGbZaf4M1SJv3PeNk7jukPtknYOguEkECjtzB0UWdNLlvVsfwyvA

You can count on seeing many of your favourite Disney characters and live shows while on board. Credit: Matt Stroshane/Disney.

If you're up for some action, come feel the Force and get in touch with your inner Jedi as you witness rare appearances by Chewbacca and Rey from Star Wars!

Then, be prepared to get to know some of the most powerful heroes that Marvel has to offer, such as Spider-Man, Captain Marvel, and Thor. (Even though we know for a fact that no bad guys will be on board, you need not worry; these superheroes are more than capable of keeping everyone safe.)

When your feet have given out from sightseeing and walking about all day, you need not worry about the grandchildren's entertainment; there are plenty of playgrounds to keep them occupied.

There's the Oceaneer Club, where grandkids can embark on an adventure similar to that in Frozen, the multi-level reproduction of Andy's Room from Toy Story, the Marvel Super Hero Academy, where they might unlock their inner hero, and many more.

And if meet-and-greets aren't your thing (or if you're already famished after meeting every single one of them), there are also plenty of fantastic restaurants to choose from.

Visit Princess Tiana at her restaurant, Tiana's Place, for some authentic New Orleans cuisine and a chance to mingle. Or you can also go to the Animator's Palate, an innovative restaurant that pays tribute to Disney animation through a variety of interactive activities.

6285_yxzBN8aprsZfa6ZvvITK1uu_03kq8V4YcSS6bDpFsicGgDqUOQoHb3xX2T2dBHOALJ-xhc0mkcesOyrV7NSSK31h6JfjE3d1mQCYU1OqbOeTyRwRDGecqKCVB_nJ-5tLabmH9lud0tX4ar9VgHA4HK7Fyj8iol21jjgZvoPQ9yR_sCw0s_nBg

Each and every guest, regardless of age, will be able to enjoy the variety of activities available. Credit: Matt Stroshane/Disney.

Still not convinced? A Disney cruise is fun for all ages, so don't discount it just because you're an adult.

There will be plenty of private, exclusive areas where you can escape from the kids, kick back, and unwind for a while. Palo offers a refined dining experience, the adults-only Quiet Cove pool is perfect for a relaxing swim, and the Senses Spa & Salon is perfect for a full-body rejuvenation.

After everyone has gotten their fill of unique experiences, the whole family can cap off the trip by watching a show together, such as Frozen, A Musical Spectacular, a Broadway-style musical based on the hit Disney film. Then, after that, have some fun with several events on deck, including fireworks at sea and a special pirate-themed night.

Does anything like this appeal to your sense of adventure, folks? Bookings will be available to the general public beginning on Thursday, September 29, 2022, at 8 am AEST, and 11 am NZDT, so better mark your calendars if you can't wait to be a part of that world!

For additional details, please visit the following link. If you are going, we wish you the best of luck, and we hope you enjoy yourself, members!
W.A. misses out again! Apparently over here we are not important enough for any cruise line to base many cruises from Fremantle. To take advantage of 80% or more of any cruise we must first travel to the Eastern States. We'll keep the airlines in business if nothing else, l suppose.

• Sad
Reactions: Ricci
Disney Cruise would be great if I took my grandkids aged 1, 2x2, 2x3, 2x4, 2x5 year old but 9 under 5 won't happen.

I love cruising and I know we have to get back to normal but the last cruise I went on arrived back in Sydney only 2 weeks before the ship full of covid arrived

The cruise ship before our 2nd last cruise had to be cleaned due to a gastro bug.

We were hoping to do a big family one but I am really not sure.

Reactions: Ricci and Ezzy
Disney Cruise would be great if I took my grandkids aged 1, 2x2, 2x3, 2x4, 2x5 year old but 9 under 5 won't happen.

I love cruising and I know we have to get back to normal but the last cruise I went on arrived back in Sydney only 2 weeks before the ship full of covid arrived

The cruise ship before our 2nd last cruise had to be cleaned due to a gastro bug.

We were hoping to do a big family one but I am really not sure.
Certainly haven't been lucky have you? I wish you all well with your family holiday. Would be nice to have everyone together for that.

Reactions: Ezzy
Wow, what exciting news! Disney Cruise Line is finally setting sail to Australia and New Zealand. It's going to be a magical adventure for families who love Disney characters and stories. With Broadway-style entertainment, unique dining experiences, meet-and-greets with beloved Disney characters, interactions with Marvel and Star Wars characters, and so much more, there's something for everyone. From Auckland to Sydney, Brisbane to Melbourne, there are cruises departing from various ports, with itineraries ranging from two to six nights between October 2023 and February 2024. Btw, you can check out reliable resources, such as cruisetimetables.com, for more information on these exciting cruises and start planning your next family adventure today!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ezzy and Ricci