Discover this mum's incredible suit cleaning trick and say goodbye to expensive dry cleaning!

Dry cleaning can be a costly expense, especially for older Aussies on a budget. But fear not, because an ingenious mum has shared an at-home cleaning tip that could save you hundreds of dollars on dry cleaning bills – and it’s so simple, you’ll wonder why you didn’t think of it sooner!

1683179828830.png
What if you could dry clean your clothes at home? Image source: Facebook.

In a recent Facebook post, the clever mum shared her grandmother's fantastic trick for getting rid of nasty creases and freshening up a variety of clothing items – all without stepping foot into a dry cleaner.

'My grandmother taught us all the tricks when we were little,' she said, 'this is how I clean suits.'

The best part? She claims that she has never visited a dry cleaner in her life, thanks to her nifty at-home method.

Here's how her easy ‘dry clean’ hack works:

First, hang the clothing items on a clothesline or a suitable outdoor structure. Next, hose down the garments with water. Then spray the clothing with a bottle of diluted laundry liquid. Hose the items down again to remove any excess laundry liquid, and simply wait for them to dry naturally.

And there you have it – 'dry cleaned' clothes in just five minutes, without the hefty price tag that usually accompanies professional dry cleaning services!

1683179828864.png
The finished product is as good as a dry cleaner! Image source: Facebook.

'I use this hack on doonas, dresses, and my son’s blazers,' the mum proudly revealed. She even confessed that her husband still chuckles at her trick, but she’s not bothered: 'I don’t care,' she said, ‘[This takes a] whole five minutes, and you save yourself hundreds of dollars. Hasn’t failed me once.’

Her post quickly gained traction online, with hundreds of people thanking her for sharing her cleaning tip. 'You’re very clever. My neighbour does this with her rug. Amazing,' one person commented.

Key Takeaways
  • A savvy Aussie mum shared her at-home hack for cleaning suits without spending on professional dry cleaning.
  • The mum's method involves hanging clothing on a clothesline, hosing them down, spraying with diluted laundry liquid, and hosing them down again before letting them dry, saving hundreds of dollars.
  • She uses this cleaning hack on a range of items, including doonas, dresses, and blazers.
  • The Facebook post received hundreds of positive responses, with many thanking the woman for sharing the money-saving tip.

Other people added to the conversation, sharing that they, too, use a similar method to tackle various household items such as curtains, rugs, and mats. 'Saves a lot of ironing', one group member noted.

Of course, there were some naysayers expressing doubts about the effectiveness of the hack. To silence the sceptics, the mum shared a photo of the now-dry blazer, demonstrating that the trick had indeed worked wonders. 'Calm down there you go, took that picture right after I washed it,' she wrote.

So, dear members, will you be giving this clever, eco-friendly cleaning hack a try and say goodbye to those overpriced dry cleaning bills? Or do you doubt its effectiveness? We’d love to hear your thoughts and opinions in the comments below!

Sponsored
I AM NOT SAYING THIS DOESN'T WORK BECAUSE I HAVEN'T TRIED IT YET.
Yes, I am sceptical because I cannot imagine that a pute woollen suit can dry in 5 minutes even in a clothes dryer.
I have seen a Steam Iron "dryclean" with steam while still hanging on the window, but the curtains must be clean beforehand.
I have a very expensive Australian Wool suit and I am very wary about turning the hose with whatever water (Chlorine Treated) etc.
Please show me how to hose a suit and have it dry in 5 mins?

Dry cleaning can be a costly expense, especially for older Aussies on a budget. But fear not, because an ingenious mum has shared an at-home cleaning tip that could save you hundreds of dollars on dry cleaning bills – and it’s so simple, you’ll wonder why you didn’t think of it sooner!

View attachment 19089
What if you could dry clean your clothes at home? Image source: Facebook.

In a recent Facebook post, the clever mum shared her grandmother's fantastic trick for getting rid of nasty creases and freshening up a variety of clothing items – all without stepping foot into a dry cleaner.

'My grandmother taught us all the tricks when we were little,' she said, 'this is how I clean suits.'

The best part? She claims that she has never visited a dry cleaner in her life, thanks to her nifty at-home method.

Here's how her easy ‘dry clean’ hack works:

First, hang the clothing items on a clothesline or a suitable outdoor structure. Next, hose down the garments with water. Then spray the clothing with a bottle of diluted laundry liquid. Hose the items down again to remove any excess laundry liquid, and simply wait for them to dry naturally.

And there you have it – 'dry cleaned' clothes in just five minutes, without the hefty price tag that usually accompanies professional dry cleaning services!

View attachment 19090
The finished product is as good as a dry cleaner! Image source: Facebook.

'I use this hack on doonas, dresses, and my son’s blazers,' the mum proudly revealed. She even confessed that her husband still chuckles at her trick, but she’s not bothered: 'I don’t care,' she said, ‘[This takes a] whole five minutes, and you save yourself hundreds of dollars. Hasn’t failed me once.’

Her post quickly gained traction online, with hundreds of people thanking her for sharing her cleaning tip. 'You’re very clever. My neighbour does this with her rug. Amazing,' one person commented.

Key Takeaways

• A savvy Aussie mum shared her at-home hack for cleaning suits without spending on professional dry cleaning.
  • The mum's method involves hanging clothing on a clothesline, hosing them down, spraying with diluted laundry liquid, and hosing them down again before letting them dry, saving hundreds of dollars.
  • She uses this cleaning hack on a range of items, including doonas, dresses, and blazers.
  • The Facebook post received hundreds of positive responses, with many thanking the woman for sharing the money-saving tip.

Other people added to the conversation, sharing that they, too, use a similar method to tackle various household items such as curtains, rugs, and mats. 'Saves a lot of ironing', one group member noted.

Of course, there were some naysayers expressing doubts about the effectiveness of the hack. To silence the sceptics, the mum shared a photo of the now-dry blazer, demonstrating that the trick had indeed worked wonders. 'Calm down there you go, took that picture right after I washed it,' she wrote.

So, dear members, will you be giving this clever, eco-friendly cleaning hack a try and say goodbye to those overpriced dry cleaning bills? Or do you doubt its effectiveness? We’d love to hear your thoughts and opinions in the comments below!

I did this last week with a floor rug badly in need of a clean, after reading the hack on this site.
Guess what, voila, it worked. Did a better job than my carpet shampooer
What a pity I can't bring the hose into the house lol.

Reactions: Ezzy
I AM NOT SAYING THIS DOESN'T WORK BECAUSE I HAVEN'T TRIED IT YET.
Yes, I am sceptical because I cannot imagine that a pute woollen suit can dry in 5 minutes even in a clothes dryer.
I have seen a Steam Iron "dryclean" with steam while still hanging on the window, but the curtains must be clean beforehand.
I have a very expensive Australian Wool suit and I am very wary about turning the hose with whatever water (Chlorine Treated) etc.
Please show me how to hose a suit and have it dry in 5 mins?
With respect. The paragraph states that you can 'dryclean' in 5 minutes while the previous paragraph talks about washing twice & then LET THE ARTICLE DRY NATURALLY. Nowhere does this person state the article will dry in 5 minutes.

Reactions: mylittletibbies
Hosing down a doona then spraying and hosing again, sounds like you would have all the filling bunched up at the bottom of the cells. I wash mine in the machine and dry at the laundromat in their big dryers - works for me. Don’t buy any clothing that can’t be washed - hate dry cleaning fluid, horrible toxic stuff!

Hosing down a doona then spraying and hosing again, sounds like you would have all the filling bunched up at the bottom of the cells. I wash mine in the machine and dry at the laundromat in their big dryers - works for me. Don’t buy any clothing that can’t be washed - hate dry cleaning fluid, horrible toxic stuff!
Thought myself there would be problems with this item. Like your idea. Must try myself.

This mum's trick for at-home suit cleaning is absolutely mind-blowing! It's amazing how these age-old wisdom and tips can really come through when you least expect it. Plus, not having to spend heaps on dry cleaning is a win-win in my book. I mean, who wouldn't want to save a few hundred bucks, especially if you wear suits frequently or have some special occasions coming up?

Speaking of special occasions, if you're in the market for something dapper, I recently came across some really elegant wedding suits from Gentleman's Guru. They have an impressive range of tuxedos and suits perfect for weddings, proms, or even a fancy night out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ezzy