Discover this brilliant $5.50 Kmart trick that could change how you organise snacks!

Kmart: many know it, many love it. And for good reason!

It's not only a great place to find affordable, on-trend home décor and fashion, but it's also a hot spot for ingenious tricks and techniques that savvy mums use to simplify and enhance their everyday lives.

But what’s this latest Kmart trick that has everyone abuzz?

The latest trick to take the internet by storm involves a 12 Compartment Organiser ($5.50), typically found in the stationery aisle, being transformed into a convenient family snack box.

This clever idea is not only cost-effective but also promotes healthy eating and portion control, making it a hit among parents.

photo (1).jpg
A mum shared her ingenious trick of transforming a plastic organiser into a snack box. Credit: Facebook

The mastermind behind this innovative trick is a mum who shared her creation on social media.

She filled the compartments of the Kmart plastic container with a variety of tasty and nutritious snacks from ALDI, demonstrating how to create a balanced and appealing snack box on a budget.

The response from the online community was overwhelmingly positive.

'What a great idea!' one mum exclaimed.

Another commented, 'My son is a snacker, so would prefer this over a proper lunch.'

The trick was also praised for its versatility, with suggestions like, ‘Great for car snacks!’ to a DIY advent calendar for children and grandchildren.

One creative individual even mentioned using a similar organiser as a grazing box during a long-haul flight.

While the mum’s ingenious trick certainly amazed many for its craftiness, it also garnered some concern from others. The snack box trick also sparked a conversation about the importance of using food-grade containers for storing edibles.

While the Kmart plastic organiser is BPA-free, it is not classified as food-grade, which raised concerns among some members of the group.

BPA, or bisphenol A, is an industrial chemical used in plastics and resins since the 1950s. It's present in containers for food and beverages, metal products like can linings, and even some dental sealants.

Research indicates that BPA may leach into food, posing health concerns, especially for fetuses, infants, and children, potentially affecting brain development, the prostate gland, and behaviour. There's also a suggested link between BPA and issues like increased blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, and cardiovascular disease.

'These are BPA-free, but they aren't food-grade,' one person warned, highlighting potential health risks, especially in warm weather.

Another member suggested purchasing a food-safe version for daily use, ensuring the snacks remain safe to eat.

Speaking of storage solutions, a professional organiser shared her jaw-dropping technique using an affordable Kmart product initially designed for a completely different purpose.

Her secret weapon? It’s a brush storage box for organising makeup brushes and beauty tools, turned into a storage box for coffee pods! Learn more about her trick here.
Key Takeaways
  • A Kmart shopper cleverly repurposed a $5.50 12 Compartment Organiser into a family snack box, sharing her creation on social media.
  • The versatile trick received widespread approval on social media, with many considering it a great idea for storing various items and using them during travel.
  • Some suggested using the compartmentalised box for fun DIY projects such as advent calendars for children and jewellery storage during travel.
  • Despite the idea's popularity, concerns were raised about the box not being a food-grade item, with suggestions given for buying a food-safe version for daily use.
What do you think of this Kmart trick? Have you tried it, or do you have your unique trick to share? Let us know in the comments below!

Reactions: Maiyon and Liag
Sponsored
Hardly a Kmart trick.
I've been using a workshop nuts/bolts/nails organiser that I bought from the hardware store to organise my earrings and other bibs and bobs. The one I use sits upright, has a handle and little swing out compartments. Fits neatly into tight spaces.
Decided to do this years ago because I got sick of matching pairs, colours and styles. My system has lots and lots of little compartments that allow a whole heap of imagination in its implementation.
Kmart trick....pfffft.

Hardly a Kmart trick.
I've been using a workshop nuts/bolts/nails organiser that I bought from the hardware store to organise my earrings and other bibs and bobs. The one I use sits upright, has a handle and little swing out compartments. Fits neatly into tight spaces.
Decided to do this years ago because I got sick of matching pairs, colours and styles. My system has lots and lots of little compartments that allow a whole heap of imagination in its implementation.
Kmart trick....pfffft.
Same with fishing. Great for hooks, sinkers and swivels. Back last century when I used to go fishing.

Reactions: MariaG
Kmart: many know it, many love it. And for good reason!

It's not only a great place to find affordable, on-trend home décor and fashion, but it's also a hot spot for ingenious tricks and techniques that savvy mums use to simplify and enhance their everyday lives.

But what’s this latest Kmart trick that has everyone abuzz?

The latest trick to take the internet by storm involves a 12 Compartment Organiser ($5.50), typically found in the stationery aisle, being transformed into a convenient family snack box.

This clever idea is not only cost-effective but also promotes healthy eating and portion control, making it a hit among parents.

View attachment 37470
A mum shared her ingenious trick of transforming a plastic organiser into a snack box. Credit: Facebook

The mastermind behind this innovative trick is a mum who shared her creation on social media.

She filled the compartments of the Kmart plastic container with a variety of tasty and nutritious snacks from ALDI, demonstrating how to create a balanced and appealing snack box on a budget.

The response from the online community was overwhelmingly positive.

'What a great idea!' one mum exclaimed.

Another commented, 'My son is a snacker, so would prefer this over a proper lunch.'

The trick was also praised for its versatility, with suggestions like, ‘Great for car snacks!’ to a DIY advent calendar for children and grandchildren.

One creative individual even mentioned using a similar organiser as a grazing box during a long-haul flight.

While the mum’s ingenious trick certainly amazed many for its craftiness, it also garnered some concern from others. The snack box trick also sparked a conversation about the importance of using food-grade containers for storing edibles.

While the Kmart plastic organiser is BPA-free, it is not classified as food-grade, which raised concerns among some members of the group.

BPA, or bisphenol A, is an industrial chemical used in plastics and resins since the 1950s. It's present in containers for food and beverages, metal products like can linings, and even some dental sealants.

Research indicates that BPA may leach into food, posing health concerns, especially for fetuses, infants, and children, potentially affecting brain development, the prostate gland, and behaviour. There's also a suggested link between BPA and issues like increased blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, and cardiovascular disease.

'These are BPA-free, but they aren't food-grade,' one person warned, highlighting potential health risks, especially in warm weather.

Another member suggested purchasing a food-safe version for daily use, ensuring the snacks remain safe to eat.

Speaking of storage solutions, a professional organiser shared her jaw-dropping technique using an affordable Kmart product initially designed for a completely different purpose.

Her secret weapon? It’s a brush storage box for organising makeup brushes and beauty tools, turned into a storage box for coffee pods! Learn more about her trick here.
Key Takeaways

• A Kmart shopper cleverly repurposed a $5.50 12 Compartment Organiser into a family snack box, sharing her creation on social media.
  • The versatile trick received widespread approval on social media, with many considering it a great idea for storing various items and using them during travel.
  • Some suggested using the compartmentalised box for fun DIY projects such as advent calendars for children and jewellery storage during travel.
  • Despite the idea's popularity, concerns were raised about the box not being a food-grade item, with suggestions given for buying a food-safe version for daily use.
What do you think of this Kmart trick? Have you tried it, or do you have your unique trick to share? Let us know in the comments below!
Oh please!!! Enough about cheap Kmart junk!!!