Discover the two simple products that can 'magically' clean your coffee pot!

It's so great that some DIY solutions can help you keep your home's essential appliances spotless without needing to invest time and effort.

We here at the Seniors Discount Club recently came across one such tip—and we can't wait to share it with you!

One woman took to social media to share her coffee pot-cleaning tip with her followers. And it's as simple as it gets! All you need are two products: salt and ice.

So, how does it work?

Screen Shot 2023-08-18 at 3.44.26 PM.png
A woman said all you need to get rid of stains from your coffee pot is two ingredients: salt and ice. Credit: TikTok/marihanotcarey.

The woman, whose name is Mariha, decided to post a video on her account to demonstrate the step-by-step process.

'So I'm just going to fill it with ice up to about halfway,' she said, 'And then I'll add a generous amount of salt.'

Then, by moving the pot gently in a circular motion, she moved the salt and ice around the pot. Combined with the reaction between the two products, the mixture began working on the stains inside.

'It's starting to change the colour of the ice,' she said as the darker residue of her coffee pot began to disappear. It only took a few minutes before the mixture was ready to be emptied in the sink—and Mariha's coffee pot was sparkling clean! Simple as that.

Now, we here at SDC always recommend to our members that a deep, thorough clean of your coffee pot is carried out every now and then—this means that grime won't build up and gradually take a toll.

But if you're in a pinch and don't have the time or energy for a deep clean, try Mariha's simple trick and get the job done in a fraction of the time! (Some even say adding a half cup of white vinegar to the salt and ice will make it even more effective.)

However, we would also like to warn you that if you'd like to try the method yourself, please take care to only do so on a cold pot. As Mariha's followers have cautioned, the abrupt combination of cold from the ice and a heated coffee pot could potentially cause the glass to crack, leading to possible injuries in the process.

Key Takeaways

• A woman has shared her simple DIY tip for cleaning coffee pots using only salt and ice.
  • Mariha demonstrated the technique in a social media video, where she filled her coffee pot halfway with ice and added a generous amount of salt.
  • After swirling the pot, the ice absorbed the colour and stains from the coffee, leaving the pot clean after rinsing.

We hope you found this cleaning tip useful, members! Do you have more tips and tricks to add? Share them with us in the comments below!

Reactions: Ricki
Sponsored
That's not much of a hack. Just rinse it after you have finished with it. A few extra stains, steel wool and a couple of drops of detergent.

Reactions: Trudi
My kettle gets a boil with a lemon wedge.
My coffee pod machine gets a de-scale every couple of months.
My drip filter gets the lemon wedge.
My life does not revolve around these things, but the easier, the better. I don't even have an ice cube tray in my freezer, so, I'd miss out on the ice/salt trick anyhow.
Lemon works well for a lot of things.

Not another old remedy did that in England always ice readily at hand with lemon too
It's so great that some DIY solutions can help you keep your home's essential appliances spotless without needing to invest time and effort.

We here at the Seniors Discount Club recently came across one such tip—and we can't wait to share it with you!

One woman took to social media to share her coffee pot-cleaning tip with her followers. And it's as simple as it gets! All you need are two products: salt and ice.

So, how does it work?

View attachment 27773
A woman said all you need to get rid of stains from your coffee pot is two ingredients: salt and ice. Credit: TikTok/marihanotcarey.

The woman, whose name is Mariha, decided to post a video on her account to demonstrate the step-by-step process.

'So I'm just going to fill it with ice up to about halfway,' she said, 'And then I'll add a generous amount of salt.'

Then, by moving the pot gently in a circular motion, she moved the salt and ice around the pot. Combined with the reaction between the two products, the mixture began working on the stains inside.

'It's starting to change the colour of the ice,' she said as the darker residue of her coffee pot began to disappear. It only took a few minutes before the mixture was ready to be emptied in the sink—and Mariha's coffee pot was sparkling clean! Simple as that.

Now, we here at SDC always recommend to our members that a deep, thorough clean of your coffee pot is carried out every now and then—this means that grime won't build up and gradually take a toll.

But if you're in a pinch and don't have the time or energy for a deep clean, try Mariha's simple trick and get the job done in a fraction of the time! (Some even say adding a half cup of white vinegar to the salt and ice will make it even more effective.)

However, we would also like to warn you that if you'd like to try the method yourself, please take care to only do so on a cold pot. As Mariha's followers have cautioned, the abrupt combination of cold from the ice and a heated coffee pot could potentially cause the glass to crack, leading to possible injuries in the process.

Key Takeaways

• A woman has shared her simple DIY tip for cleaning coffee pots using only salt and ice.
  • Mariha demonstrated the technique in a social media video, where she filled her coffee pot halfway with ice and added a generous amount of salt.
  • After swirling the pot, the ice absorbed the colour and stains from the coffee, leaving the pot clean after rinsing.

We hope you found this cleaning tip useful, members! Do you have more tips and tricks to add? Share them with us in the comments below!

So, how does it work?

View attachment 27773

Key Takeaways

I just pour a bit of vinegar on a dish cloth and wipe the pot inside and out , then rinse.

So, how does it work?

View attachment 27773

Key Takeaways

Would the ice and salt hack be able to be used in your kettle?