Discover the single food rule a 64-year-old woman swears by for a youthful appearance

In a world where the fountain of youth remains a myth, one 64-year-old social media sensation is proving that age is just a number and that the secrets to a youthful appearance may just lie in our kitchen pantries.

Harrah Brown, a vibrant sexagenarian, captured the attention of millions, leaving viewers in disbelief that she could be old enough to be a grandmother.

Harrah Brown's journey is one that resonates with those who are striving to maintain their vitality and confidence as they age.

Her approach to staying 'beautiful, fit, and confident at any age' is not only about regular exercise but also hinges on a simple yet effective food rule.

Screenshot 2024-03-18 114002.png
Ms Brown revealed the food rule she follows for a more youthful appearance. Image source: harrah.brown/Instagram

Ms Brown began her fitness journey at the age of 61 and shared her lifestyle and diet tips with her audience, emphasising the importance of what she calls the '90/10 rule.'

This rule involves consuming 90 per cent nutrient-dense foods while at home and allowing herself 10 per cent 'fun foods' when dining out.

This balance, according to Ms Brown, has been instrumental in helping her shed the belly fat that accumulated during menopause, leaving her feeling leaner and stronger.

So, what exactly does a shopping bag following the 90/10 rule look like? Let's delve into the types of foods that Ms Brown swears by and explore why they might be beneficial for those looking to maintain a youthful glow and a healthy physique.

First on the list are berries. Different types like blueberries and raspberries are a staple in Ms Brown's diet. These small but mighty fruits are packed with antioxidants and have been linked to longevity in multiple studies.

Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health's Professor Eric Rimm suggested a cup of fresh berries a day during their season, and even frozen berries are a good pick for their health benefits.

‘On average, people who eat more berries seem to live a little bit longer,’ he said.

Another staple in Ms Brown’s diet is olive oil. Recent research in 2023 has shown that olive oil can help target belly fat associated with ageing while also promoting heart health and longevity.

Nuts and nut milks—including almond milk, pistachios, and fresh ground peanut butter—are also on Ms Brown's list. They're are not only tasty but are also known for their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, which can aid in slowing the ageing process.

Some studies even suggested that certain tree nuts can help reduce belly fat.

When it comes to protein, Ms Brown opts for fish like salmon and halibut.

The consumption of fish a couple of times a week has been associated with a reduced risk of mortality, and oily fish, in particular, are rich in antioxidants that can help combat the signs of ageing.

Greens are also a big part of her diet—with cucumbers, cos lettuce, green cabbage, and coriander making regular appearances.

These vegetables, along with three servings of other vegetables per day, can contribute to longevity, as per a study by the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.

Ms Brown's grocery haul also includes high-protein yoghurt, citrus fruits like limes and lemons, lean meats such as chicken breast and roast beef, and some Gruyère cheese.

She avoids cookies, cakes, snacks, ice cream, and processed foods, which she credits for her success in losing menopause-related belly fat and becoming more toned.

She shared her full grocery list in this video:

Source: @harrahbrown/TikTok​

For those who are looking to revitalise their diets and perhaps turn back the clock a bit, Ms Brown's 90/10 rule could be a great starting point. It's a reminder that a balanced approach to eating, with a focus on whole, nutrient-dense foods, can have a profound impact on our health and appearance.
Key Takeaways
  • Harrah Brown, a 64-year-old social media star, has captured millions of viewers with her youthful appearance and fitness regime.
  • Ms Brown credits her youthfulness to the 90/10 food rule, which consists of eating 90 per cent nutrient-dense foods at home and indulging in 10 per cent 'fun foods' when dining out.
  • She promotes a diet rich in foods such as berries, olive oil, nuts, fatty fish, and green vegetables, which are linked to health benefits and longevity.
  • By avoiding processed foods and snacks like cookies, cakes, and ice cream, Ms Brown has managed to lose belly fat gained during menopause and maintain a lean and strong physique.
Remember, before making any significant changes to your diet or lifestyle, it's always best to consult with a healthcare professional, especially if you have any underlying health conditions.

What do you think of Ms Brown’s grocery list, members? Do you have other healthy food recommendations? Share them in the comments below.

Sponsored
Another “influenza” competing for the whatever # space. She looks great and sure she gets lots of compliments but so do I at 78. Must take a photo with all the filters available and post it so I get more compliments again. Healthy eating and heaps of exercise, lots of ‘me’ time, being basically happy and good genes. That’s the universal recipe.

Another “influenza” competing for the whatever # space. She looks great and sure she gets lots of compliments but so do I at 78. Must take a photo with all the filters available and post it so I get more compliments again. Healthy eating and heaps of exercise, lots of ‘me’ time, being basically happy and good genes. That’s the universal recipe.
Send us a photo then ..... to Seniors Discount Club, lol

She looks OK but not younger than her stated age. I looked less wrinkled than her at 65. Lost 38 kg on diet and now have facial wrinkles unfortunately.

Reactions: Littleboy8
I don't dispute the lady's claims in relation to this product. However, appearing to look younger than one's actual years is I believe, as a result of genetics. Both of my parents kept their relatively youthful appearance into their 80s and I have inherited the same genes. While I am an octagenarian people always say I look at least 15 years or more younger than I am. I have never used any particular regime to enhance my appearance. Just the luck of the draw.

I think she looks great!
I think she looks good too. I basically do what she does. I eat my berries every morning, I avoid sugar, cakes and biscuits - no food is excluded but I only choose to eat them on special occasions. I have lost 20kg but I’m struggling to lose more and try as I might I can’t lose that belly. I’d love a nice flat one like hers lol

Anything like looking naturally like you are younger than you are. If i dyed my hair i could pass as more than half my age, despite never using any face creams or skincare products i still have no wrinkles or other aging signs other than salt & pepper hair. I've always been like this, i used to get told not to complain about it as i would love it when i didn't have to use any skincare to try and keep the wrinkles away as i used to get annoyed by people asking what grade i was in at school well after i had left.

She doesn't look too bad for her age. I've seen a bunch of 20 y.o. who wish to look like her. But I don't believe that her method would work for everyone.

I think she looks good too. I basically do what she does. I eat my berries every morning, I avoid sugar, cakes and biscuits - no food is excluded but I only choose to eat them on special occasions. I have lost 20kg but I’m struggling to lose more and try as I might I can’t lose that belly. I’d love a nice flat one like hers lol
If you’ve lost that much weight the only way to get rid of the flabby tubby I believe is liposuction,talk to your doctor see what he thinks. Just a thought.😊

• Haha
Reactions: Colette 3799