Discover the SECRET Flybuys Trick to Save 8 Cents Per Litre on Petrol!

There’s no denying that it is important to save money in today's world. With the cost of living going up and wages (or Centrelink payments, for those who are living on a fixed income) staying largely the same, we need to grab every opportunity to save some money!

We all know that even small savings can make a BIG difference in uncertain economic times. It may only be a few cents here and there, but trust me, those dollars can add up over time!

That's why it's crucial to always be on the lookout for innovative ways to save money. Don't overlook those seemingly insignificant savings because they can significantly impact our finances in the long-run.

Case in point: one Coles shopper has shared a little-known Flybuys hack that could help you save up to eight cents per litre on petrol.

You read that right, folks! Sharing her tip on the Markdown Addicts Australia Facebook group, one woman explained that using the Car Sales app to scan your Flybuys card will help you save money on petrol purchases.

car-refill-transportation-transport.jpg

The woman revealed the little-known trick to save 8 cents on petrol. Credit: Pexels.

She wrote in the post: ‘I know it's not much, but just wanted to remind people that if you have, or if you download the Car Sales app, and click on your account, there is a barcode for Coles petrol 4c off per litre.’

'So you scan that, and then your Flybuys card, and get a total of 8c off.'

'Every bit counts these days… Hope this helps.'

The post captured the attention of many group members who commended the savvy car owner with her trick.

One person wrote: ‘That is awesome, thank you!’

‘Thanks for the reminder,’ another said.

Additionally, other users recommended various apps that offer petroll discounts like G'Day App, Linkt, AFL Footy App, and Budget Direct app. These apps are excellent options for motorists who want to save some money while filling up their tanks.

9dda3f4d10ecd8359abfc40ba9f4bb2c946deb9c.png

The woman’s receipt after using the little-known tip. Credit: Markdown Addicts Australia/Facebook.

Some went as far as taking advantage of using more than one discount bar code at a time to maximise their savings.

One motorist shared: ‘I’ve done G’Day, Flybuys and the footy app and got 12c/litre off.’
‘I used to do this, and also spent $20 in store to get 10c off litre. Used to get $20 worth of bread and milk etc,’ another recalled.

Key Takeaways

• Using a little-known Flybuys trick can help you save up to eight cents a litre on petrol.
  • This hack is available through the Car Sales app by scanning your Flybuys card.
  • Other apps that offer petrol discounts include G'Day App, Linkt, AFL Footy App and the Budget Direct app.
  • People can maximise their savings by using more than one discount bar code at a time.

So, there you have it, folks! Who knew that simply scanning your Flybuys card could help you save money whenever you go fill up at the petrol station?

Will you give this trick a go? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

Also, if you’re looking for other tips on how you can save on your petrol bill, we have some top tips for you:

Driving Tips for Saving Petrol.jpg
Credit: Seniors Discount Club

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
There’s no denying that it is important to save money in today's world. With the cost of living going up and wages (or Centrelink payments, for those who are living on a fixed income) staying largely the same, we need to grab every opportunity to save some money!

We all know that even small savings can make a BIG difference in uncertain economic times. It may only be a few cents here and there, but trust me, those dollars can add up over time!

That's why it's crucial to always be on the lookout for innovative ways to save money. Don't overlook those seemingly insignificant savings because they can significantly impact our finances in the long-run.

Case in point: one Coles shopper has shared a little-known Flybuys hack that could help you save up to eight cents per litre on petrol.

You read that right, folks! Sharing her tip on the Markdown Addicts Australia Facebook group, one woman explained that using the Car Sales app to scan your Flybuys card will help you save money on petrol purchases.

The woman revealed the little-known trick to save 8 cents on petrol. Credit: Pexels.

She wrote in the post: ‘I know it's not much, but just wanted to remind people that if you have, or if you download the Car Sales app, and click on your account, there is a barcode for Coles petrol 4c off per litre.’

The post captured the attention of many group members who commended the savvy car owner with her trick.

Additionally, other users recommended various apps that offer petroll discounts like G'Day App, Linkt, AFL Footy App, and Budget Direct app. These apps are excellent options for motorists who want to save some money while filling up their tanks.

The woman’s receipt after using the little-known tip. Credit: Markdown Addicts Australia/Facebook.

Some went as far as taking advantage of using more than one discount bar code at a time to maximise their savings.

One motorist shared: ‘I’ve done G’Day, Flybuys and the footy app and got 12c/litre off.’
‘I used to do this, and also spent $20 in store to get 10c off litre. Used to get $20 worth of bread and milk etc,’ another recalled.

Key Takeaways

• Using a little-known Flybuys trick can help you save up to eight cents a litre on petrol.
  • This hack is available through the Car Sales app by scanning your Flybuys card.
  • Other apps that offer petrol discounts include G'Day App, Linkt, AFL Footy App and the Budget Direct app.
  • People can maximise their savings by using more than one discount bar code at a time.

So, there you have it, folks! Who knew that simply scanning your Flybuys card could help you save money whenever you go fill up at the petrol station?

Also, if you’re looking for other tips on how you can save on your petrol bill, we have some top tips for you:

View attachment 15929

Coles and other brand service stations here are 15 cents dearer than discount service stations, not saving at all, it is dearer. As for shopping in service station shops, have a good look at the price, what you think you save on fuel you pay for in shopping.

Reactions: Ricci and Reaper123
Coles and other brand service stations here are 15 cents dearer than discount service stations, not saving at all, it is dearer. As for shopping in service station shops, have a good look at the price, what you think you save on fuel you pay for in shopping.
If it is a Coles or Woolies service station their shop items are the same price as shopping in the supermarket.:)

In NSW this has been around for years you get 4c of a litre and spend $5.00 at the Shell petrol station to receive another 4c off.

I find though the Shell servos are 20c a litre more than other petrol stations .

I get my petrol from budget Servo and is still so much cheaper than the 8c of a litre from the coles servo

Reactions: Skeeta22 and Ricci
Can you be more specific, please? I think I downloaded the correct App but there is nothing to scan at petrol stations???

Reactions: Ricci
Ditched Flybuys over a year ago when they took all my points away (over 11,000 worth) when i left my card home & had a tempory one given to me by Bunnings (bad mistake in hindsight!) Flybuys refused to credit me the points from old card & wouldn't even amalgamate the 2 cards so i could keep already accrued points!
Needless to say i refuse to have anything to do with Flybuys after that!
Wrote a review on productreviews.com.au to no avail even!

• Sad

Key Takeaways

View attachment 15929

Also if you spend $20 in the shop you can get an extra .10c/litre off the cost. You don't have to buy chocolate or soft drinks - two packs of toilet paper cost $20 - same price as in the supermarket. plus if you have a Linkt app on your phone that's an extra .04c/litre off.