Discover the secret 3-ingredient homemade mix that keeps your kitchen spotless without harsh chemicals!

We all know that our kitchens tend to be the heart and hub of our homes. With decades of experience and countless meals prepared, you, our dear members, are no strangers to the inevitable grease and grime that can accumulate in our kitchens.

Nowadays, there's a plethora of store-bought cleaning products out there, often filled with harsh chemicals that might not suit everyone, especially those with allergies or sensitivities. Well, fortunately, we have a delightful alternative for you to try out!

1683259670562.png
This is a great alternative to harsh chemicals. Credit: Shutterstock

Melbourne mum-of-two and cleaning aficionado, Chantel Mila (also known as Mama Mila online), has shared the perfect homemade solution to keep your kitchen sparkling clean and smelling fresh, using just three simple ingredients: vinegar, water, and lemon juice.

With this all-natural concoction, you can tackle your benchtops, stove, splashback, and even mop your high cupboards. Chantel swears by her homemade cleaner and recommends using it during a deep clean to maintain a grease-free, shining kitchen.

So, how do you create this amazing cleaning mix? It's incredibly easy! All you need is a half cup of warm water, a quarter cup of white vinegar, and a quarter cup of lemon juice. Simply combine these ingredients in a spray bottle, and you're ready to go!

According to Chantel, this 'powerful' acidic mix can successfully cut through tough kitchen grease and grime, leaving your surfaces shiny, deodorised, and most importantly, clean. Plus, the lemon adds a lovely, fresh scent.

As always, it's essential to patch-test this homemade cleaner on a small, inconspicuous area, as it may not be suitable for all surfaces. But for most, this mix offers a fantastic, natural alternative to those store-bought, chemical-filled products.

Chantel's cleaning tips have garnered almost 2 million views across Instagram and TikTok, with many of her followers sharing their love for her natural cleaning methods. One commenter even claimed, 'My home always feels cleaner just by watching your videos.'

For those concerned about the stickiness of lemon juice, Chantel suggests leaving it out or replacing it with lemon essential oil. It's all about discovering what works best for your cleaning needs!

In addition to this fabulous kitchen cleaner, Chantel has also shared her DIY solution for mopping floors, using boiling water, dishwashing detergent, white vinegar, rubbing alcohol, and a few drops of essential oil. How versatile and resourceful!

Key Takeaways

• Chantel Mila, a cleaning guru, shared a recipe for a three-ingredient cleaner that removes grime and grease in the kitchen.
  • The cleaner is made from a mix of vinegar, water, and lemon juice, and is used on various surfaces in the kitchen to keep it grease-free and shining.
  • The video of Chantel sharing her cleaning tip gained almost 2 million views across Instagram and TikTok, receiving positive reactions from her followers.
  • Chantel has also previously offered tips for mopping floors using a DIY solution made from boiling water, dishwashing detergent, white vinegar, and optional ingredients of rubbing alcohol and essential oil.

However, always remember that every floor type is different, so ensure that you test this solution on a small area of your flooring first.

So why not give Mama Mila's all-natural, 3-ingredient kitchen cleaner a whirl next time you're doing a deep clean? You may just find yourself waving goodbye to those pricey, chemical-laden products forever! Love Chantel’s tips? You might like to read about her top tips to banish dust for good.

Meanwhile, always keep an eye out for new cleaning ideas and useful tips here at the Seniors Discount Club. Happy cleaning, everyone!

Reactions: Shane/# and Ricci
Sponsored

We all know that our kitchens tend to be the heart and hub of our homes. With decades of experience and countless meals prepared, you, our dear members, are no strangers to the inevitable grease and grime that can accumulate in our kitchens.

Nowadays, there's a plethora of store-bought cleaning products out there, often filled with harsh chemicals that might not suit everyone, especially those with allergies or sensitivities. Well, fortunately, we have a delightful alternative for you to try out!

View attachment 19164

Melbourne mum-of-two and cleaning aficionado, Chantel Mila (also known as Mama Mila online), has shared the perfect homemade solution to keep your kitchen sparkling clean and smelling fresh, using just three simple ingredients: vinegar, water, and lemon juice.

With this all-natural concoction, you can tackle your benchtops, stove, splashback, and even mop your high cupboards. Chantel swears by her homemade cleaner and recommends using it during a deep clean to maintain a grease-free, shining kitchen.

So, how do you create this amazing cleaning mix? It's incredibly easy! All you need is a half cup of warm water, a quarter cup of white vinegar, and a quarter cup of lemon juice. Simply combine these ingredients in a spray bottle, and you're ready to go!

According to Chantel, this 'powerful' acidic mix can successfully cut through tough kitchen grease and grime, leaving your surfaces shiny, deodorised, and most importantly, clean. Plus, the lemon adds a lovely, fresh scent.

As always, it's essential to patch-test this homemade cleaner on a small, inconspicuous area, as it may not be suitable for all surfaces. But for most, this mix offers a fantastic, natural alternative to those store-bought, chemical-filled products.

Chantel's cleaning tips have garnered almost 2 million views across Instagram and TikTok, with many of her followers sharing their love for her natural cleaning methods. One commenter even claimed, 'My home always feels cleaner just by watching your videos.'

For those concerned about the stickiness of lemon juice, Chantel suggests leaving it out or replacing it with lemon essential oil. It's all about discovering what works best for your cleaning needs!

In addition to this fabulous kitchen cleaner, Chantel has also shared her DIY solution for mopping floors, using boiling water, dishwashing detergent, white vinegar, rubbing alcohol, and a few drops of essential oil. How versatile and resourceful!

Key Takeaways

• Chantel Mila, a cleaning guru, shared a recipe for a three-ingredient cleaner that removes grime and grease in the kitchen.
  • The cleaner is made from a mix of vinegar, water, and lemon juice, and is used on various surfaces in the kitchen to keep it grease-free and shining.
  • The video of Chantel sharing her cleaning tip gained almost 2 million views across Instagram and TikTok, receiving positive reactions from her followers.
  • Chantel has also previously offered tips for mopping floors using a DIY solution made from boiling water, dishwashing detergent, white vinegar, and optional ingredients of rubbing alcohol and essential oil.

However, always remember that every floor type is different, so ensure that you test this solution on a small area of your flooring first.

So why not give Mama Mila's all-natural, 3-ingredient kitchen cleaner a whirl next time you're doing a deep clean? You may just find yourself waving goodbye to those pricey, chemical-laden products forever! Love Chantel’s tips? You might like to read about her top tips to banish dust for good.

Meanwhile, always keep an eye out for new cleaning ideas and useful tips here at the Seniors Discount Club. Happy cleaning, everyone!
I am yet to find something to clean the walls of my mini oven...nothing has worked for me

• Sad
Reactions: Rosalie30 and Ricci
I am yet to find something to clean the walls of my mini oven...nothing has worked for me
I have to agree with you. Attempting to clean my Air Fryer Oven is an absolute nightmare. Ihave steeped the trays and racks overnight in the ‘magical’ solution of Soda Bic., Vinegar and Fairy Liquid, then scrubbed and scrubbed to get them cleaner. Note… I didn’t say clean. 👎 Then used all sorts of combined pastes, including tomato sauce to tackle the sides and base of the oven. Again more scrubbing and again not as clean as I would like. As for the flipping door… don’t get me started! Grease has gone down between the two pieces of glass and there it must remain as nothing comes apart. 🙄 All this bearing in mind I have never roasted a chook or any other item which splatters in this oven. I give up! 🙁

I have to agree with you. Attempting to clean my Air Fryer Oven is an absolute nightmare. Ihave steeped the trays and racks overnight in the ‘magical’ solution of Soda Bic., Vinegar and Fairy Liquid, then scrubbed and scrubbed to get them cleaner. Note… I didn’t say clean. 👎 Then used all sorts of combined pastes, including tomato sauce to tackle the sides and base of the oven. Again more scrubbing and again not as clean as I would like. As for the flipping door… don’t get me started! Grease has gone down between the two pieces of glass and there it must remain as nothing comes apart. 🙄 All this bearing in mind I have never roasted a chook or any other item which splatters in this oven. I give up! 🙁
No diy or domestic cleaner will work if it's baked on. I know someone who works as a pro commercial cleaner for cleaning restaurant kitchens, McDonald fryers etc. It costs a lot of $ for commercial cleaners, but it works.
I don't have any issue cleaning my air fryer and I cook whole chickens and chicken pieces that make a mess. Mine is a Tefal and not like the newer types with racks. However, with my oven, what works for me is either Jif, Gumption or my steam cleaner.

Last edited:
The wife uses nappy sand made into a paste dad it on leave 10 to 20 minutes then use a non abrasive to wipe of (paste must be moist)

First tried this over 50 years ago and it was a bit hit and miss then. I use a cheap can of shaving foam for cleaning mirrors, glass and stainless steel. A light spray over the surface or on a cleaning cloth then polish off with another cloth. Oven trays can be cleaned by soaking in Napi-San. A capful in very hot water to cover, leave until the water is cold then sponge off any residue.

View attachment 19164

Key Takeaways

First tried this over 50 years ago and it was a bit hit and miss then. I use a cheap can of shaving foam for cleaning mirrors, glass and stainless steel. A light spray over the surface or on a cleaning cloth then polish off with another cloth. Oven trays can be cleaned by soaking in Napi-San. A capful in very hot water to cover, leave until the water is cold then sponge off any residue.