Discover the incredible $4.97 Bunnings item that will transform your grocery shopping experience!

The weekly grocery run—for some, it's a joyful escape, leisurely strolling down the aisles and discovering new products; for others, it's the necessary chore they wish they could avoid.

But here at the Seniors Discount Club, we're always on the lookout for clever ideas, life tips, and new methods to make everyday tasks more enjoyable and efficient for our valued members.

Hold onto your hats because we've stumbled upon a fantastic new item that just might revolutionise the way you do your weekly grocery shop! And the best part? It's a mere $4.97 from one of Australia's most popular retailers, Bunnings.

Screen Shot 2023-06-16 at 1.57.36 PM.png
Shoppers have stumbled across a budget-friendly item from Bunnings that will revolutionise the way you tackle your weekly grocery run. Credit: TikTok/ti_j_anna.

Enter the Ezy Storage 42L Square Flexi Storage Tub, commonly found in the home organisation aisle. Who knew that, aside from decluttering our living spaces, it would also fit perfectly into Woolworths shopping trolleys?

Shoppers nationwide are praising this smart and simple trick on social media, sharing videos and photos of their outings with the square tubs in tow. The process is a breeze: collect your groceries as usual, but instead of placing them haphazardly into the trolley, organise everything neatly into the plastic tubs.

Once you've checked out, you can efficiently pack your purchases into the tubs and head straight to the car. Not only does this method save time, but it also helps the environment by eliminating the need for plastic or paper bags.

Even Bunnings has noticed the trend and posted a short video on their Facebook page, showing off this ingenious use for the $4.97 tubs. The video quickly went viral, with over 5,000 people giving it a thumbs up.

Screen Shot 2023-06-16 at 1.57.27 PM.png
The tubs come in different colours. Credit: Bunnings.

Unsurprisingly, the comments section was abuzz with excitement:

I started using these for shopping a few weeks ago. Such a brilliant idea!' one person shared.

'This is actually genius,' declared another.

One shopper highlighted the bonus of the system: 'It's also good because you can separate items into categories in the tubs, such as one tub for fridge or freezer goods, one for fruit and veg, etc... Makes shopping and putting it away at home so much easier.'

Many others said they couldn't wait to try the clever trick themselves.

One eager shopper even documented her entire shopping trip using the square tubs, exclaiming, 'Loaded up and straight to the car! Oh my god, that was so easy!'

She highly recommended the method to her followers, praising the ease of unloading groceries at home and the convenience of simply returning the tubs to the car for next time.

Key Takeaways

• Aussie Bunnings customers have discovered a genius tip to improve their weekly grocery shopping experience using square plastic storage tubs that fit perfectly into Woolworths shopping trolleys.
  • The viral idea involves purchasing the 42L plastic tubs from Bunnings and using them to effortlessly load groceries and smoothly navigate through checkouts, eliminating the need for plastic and paper bags.
  • The item became popular on social media, with many customers eager to try it.
  • Aside from improving the shopping experience, this clever idea helps shoppers categorise their items, making it easier to put groceries away at home. Plus, it reduces reliance on disposable bags.

So, there you have it, members—a new use for a household item and another shopping solution to add to our ever-growing arsenal. Do you have other things you find helpful while you shop? Share them with us in the comments below!

We hope this makes your weekly grocery expeditions more enjoyable, and we encourage you to try it on your next visit to Woolies! Happy shopping, everyone!

Sponsored
The weekly grocery run—for some, it's a joyful escape, leisurely strolling down the aisles and discovering new products; for others, it's the necessary chore they wish they could avoid.

But here at the Seniors Discount Club, we're always on the lookout for clever ideas, life tips, and new methods to make everyday tasks more enjoyable and efficient for our valued members.

Hold onto your hats because we've stumbled upon a fantastic new item that just might revolutionise the way you do your weekly grocery shop! And the best part? It's a mere $4.97 from one of Australia's most popular retailers, Bunnings.

View attachment 22507
Shoppers have stumbled across a budget-friendly item from Bunnings that will revolutionise the way you tackle your weekly grocery run. Credit: TikTok/ti_j_anna.

Enter the Ezy Storage 42L Square Flexi Storage Tub, commonly found in the home organisation aisle. Who knew that, aside from decluttering our living spaces, it would also fit perfectly into Woolworths shopping trolleys?

Shoppers nationwide are praising this smart and simple trick on social media, sharing videos and photos of their outings with the square tubs in tow. The process is a breeze: collect your groceries as usual, but instead of placing them haphazardly into the trolley, organise everything neatly into the plastic tubs.

Once you've checked out, you can efficiently pack your purchases into the tubs and head straight to the car. Not only does this method save time, but it also helps the environment by eliminating the need for plastic or paper bags.

Even Bunnings has noticed the trend and posted a short video on their Facebook page, showing off this ingenious use for the $4.97 tubs. The video quickly went viral, with over 5,000 people giving it a thumbs up.

View attachment 22508

I started using these for shopping a few weeks ago. Such a brilliant idea!' one person shared.

One shopper highlighted the bonus of the system: 'It's also good because you can separate items into categories in the tubs, such as one tub for fridge or freezer goods, one for fruit and veg, etc... Makes shopping and putting it away at home so much easier.'

One eager shopper even documented her entire shopping trip using the square tubs, exclaiming, 'Loaded up and straight to the car! Oh my god, that was so easy!'

She highly recommended the method to her followers, praising the ease of unloading groceries at home and the convenience of simply returning the tubs to the car for next time.

Key Takeaways

• Aussie Bunnings customers have discovered a genius tip to improve their weekly grocery shopping experience using square plastic storage tubs that fit perfectly into Woolworths shopping trolleys.
  • The viral idea involves purchasing the 42L plastic tubs from Bunnings and using them to effortlessly load groceries and smoothly navigate through checkouts, eliminating the need for plastic and paper bags.
  • Aside from improving the shopping experience, this clever idea helps shoppers categorise their items, making it easier to put groceries away at home. Plus, it reduces reliance on disposable bags.

So, there you have it, members—a new use for a household item and another shopping solution to add to our ever-growing arsenal. Do you have other things you find helpful while you shop? Share them with us in the comments below!

We hope this makes your weekly grocery expeditions more enjoyable, and we encourage you to try it on your next visit to Woolies! Happy shopping, everyone!
You could do the same if you do your washing at a laundromat! Take all the dirty washing in one or two tubs, load and wash, then put them in the dryer before packing them back into the tubs, head for home. Convenient!

Reactions: RTS
You could do the same with carton boxes without paying for plastic ones! And they are free! Always use them in Costco, Aldi and grout & veg shops, unfortunately they are NOT available in supermarkets who force you to buy plastic bags!

I wonder about the weight of these when you have to carry them inside from the car. I don't think I would be able to carry them up the stairs, negotiate the gauze door, then the lock on the wood door all the while holding these big bins. Too big to put on the stairs & open doors which I can do with shopping bags.

I arrange my groceries into category groups on the checkout and keep weight below 4kg. i put a small gap between groups. I tell person on checkout to put a group into one plastic Coles bag. I have had positive comments from checkout people because this makes their job a bit easier and less weight for them to deal with.

I wonder about the weight of these when you have to carry them inside from the car. I don't think I would be able to carry them up the stairs, negotiate the gauze door, then the lock on the wood door all the while holding these big bins. Too big to put on the stairs & open doors which I can do with shopping bags.
Have this problem with Aldi bags when husband packs. If too much heavy stuff then he carries it in.

Reactions: RTS and Robbo3006
For years now I've kept a pouched set of 6 EcoSilk bags in my shoulder bag. Our weekly shop usually packs into 3 or maybe 4 of the bags. The bags are strong, colourful, lightweight and dry quickly if occasionally laundered.
I do the same. I haven’t bought bags from the supermarket since before Covid. I always have about 6 in my handbag at all times. The checkout operators always comment on how good they are - strong, light and hold so much.

can't say I've ever seem carboard boxes at Aldi (or costco for that matter) majority of their product displays are cut open box, place box on shelf. Would suggest the boxes are what you may have taken off the shelf. Just take a bag.

For years now I've kept a pouched set of 6 EcoSilk bags in my shoulder bag. Our weekly shop usually packs into 3 or maybe 4 of the bags. The bags are strong, colourful, lightweight and dry quickly if occasionally laundered.
Do You have a picture and where they can be purchased please.

Reactions: Zoeshipscat

View attachment 22507

View attachment 22508

Key Takeaways

I was always under the impression that a hack was someting helpful which didn't cost you any money!!.

As a child, I was used to carrying bags whenever we shopped. Everybody took their own easily transportable way to get the weekly shop. It was only after the war everybody got lazy & relied on the shops to provide paper sacks. This led to the invention of plastic bags the bane of our lives. Now the whole thing has reversed & we carry bags with us again. History is there for us to learn from. so just remember, young ones we oldies know a thing or 2 about what worked for us in the past. I am not saying we cannot find better ways or that we know it all but ask us first before you spend your hard-earned money we just might surprise you with an answer to the problem.

Reactions: SandyM and Macarj
Can someone explain how this is 'genius'? And how does it differ from having reusable bags in the car and packing them the same way? I have been doing this for at least a decade and even have a padded one as a cooler bag for frozen/refrigerated goods. Maybe I have been a genius all along and just didn't know it.:p

Do You have a picture and where they can be purchased please.
Check out https://www.ecosilkbags.com.au. They are in Lismore, New South Wales. I've had my set of 6 bags for years and they're used at least weekly, so they're pretty sturdy. They also make excellent little gifts. I've also used them as brightly coloured wrapping for Christmas and birthday gifts, where the "wrapping" was the actual (or additional) gift.

Last edited: