Discover the essentials: Why these five ALDI products top a mum's shopping list

Sometimes, life can get too chaotic and we all find ourselves chasing a simpler way of living. While groceries can get complicated, we can make things easier by making a list of the essentials and sticking to it when shopping.

One post on social media opened the discussion: ‘What is everyone's top five products that they only get from ALDI and nowhere else?’

A savvy mum who loves shopping at ALDI shared her own top five must-buy items for the week in the post.

This mum has been visiting ALDI for years and considers herself an expert on the brand’s range, so who better to ask for tips about the products you should be stocking your pantry with?

Here are the five items this ALDI super shopper will always buy from the budget supermarket:

1. Deli Originals Fresh Hommus Dip 1kg, $4.99

The Deli Originals Hommus Dip received positive reviews from consumers, with others claiming this is the only hommus they eat. People shared their sentiments on Choice.com:

‘Since I first tried this product, ALDI Hommus, I prefer it over any other that I've tried,’ a reviewer wrote.

A second said, ‘We have been buying ALDI hummus for ages and we prefer it to any of the other brands we’ve purchased. Great value for money!’

If you need more encouragement to add this hommus dip into your weekly shop, Consumer Experts at Choice gave the dip an impressive 78 per cent rating in their tests.

Screenshot 2023-08-15 114600.png
Deli Originals Fresh Hommus Dip 1kg, $4.99. Credit: ALDI

2. Beautifully Butterfully Caterer’s Selection Buttery Spread 450g, $4.99

The mum also recommends this 1kg butter spread from the retailer. Canstar Blue rated this product top 2 on their ‘Best Rated Butter’ list, receiving five stars for value for money and packaging convenience.

Screenshot 2023-08-15 115431.png
Beautifully Butterfully Caterer’s Selection Buttery Spread 450g, $4.99. Credit: ALDI

3. Forresters Natural Mixed Nuts 500g, $10.99

Another one on this mum’s list is these mixed nuts from ALDI. It’s a combination of cashews, almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, Brazil nuts, pecan nuts, and macadamias. Other ALDI fans agree that this is a winner when it comes to snacking.

One consumer shared on Product Review: ‘Best ever mixed nuts, I only wish they were 100% Australian.’

Screenshot 2023-08-15 121925.png
Forresters Natural Mixed Nuts 500g, $10.99. Credit: ALDI

4. Food Envy Tiramsu 500g, $5.99

If you’re a fan of decadent desserts, it looks like you’ll want to save some space in your fridge and freezer for this tiramisu by Food Envy. One customer shared their review on OzBargain, writing: ‘The ingredients, taste and quality are amazing for the price.’

Screenshot 2023-08-15 123050.png
Food Envy Tiramisu 500g, $5.99. Credit: ALDI

5. Bakehouse Light Rye Loaf 550g, $3.29

Bakehouse Light Rye Loaf is a must-have for the health-conscious shopper, with shoppers saying it’s by far one of ALDI’s best bread products on offer. A shopper shared their love this loaf in a social media comment, writing: ‘LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! My whole family eat it and love it. Great bread at a fabulous price.’

Screenshot 2023-08-15 134726.png
Bakehouse Light Rye Loaf 550g, $3.29. Credit: Aldi Mum/Facebook

The discussion quickly gained attention, with some chiming in with their own top five items.

Some found it hard to limit their choices to five and added more products like Power Force Premium Liquid Bleach, Lyttos Greek Style Natural Yogurt 2kg, and Atlas Kill & Protect High Performance Crawling Insect Spray.

Now, here’s the best part–these products, plus thousands of the retailer’s other items, including fresh fruit and veg can all be ordered online and delivered straight to your door as part of ALDI’s Click & Collect service.

If you’re keen on doing all or part of your regular shopping online, from the comfort of your own home, head to ALDI’s website and sign up to access the service in your area.

Key Takeaways

• Shoppers reveal on social media the top five grocery products they buy from ALDI over other supermarkets.
  • Some of ALDI's preferred items include the Deli Originals Fresh Hommus Dip, Beautifully Butterfully Caterer’s Selection Buttery Spread, Forresters Natural Mixed Nuts, Food Envy Tiramisu and Bakehouse Light Rye Loaf.
  • Other social media users also mentioned their favourite products, with some having a hard time limiting their lists to five.

What are you top five ALDI products, dear members? Share them in the comments below!

NOTE: ALDI links and images supplied, when available.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
Aldi have some great value products but I am concerned that they are importing food items that should be supplied by Australian producers. These include peanut butter from Argentina, jam from Belgium, corn flakes from Germany, and can you believe it, frozen potato chips from Belgium and Netherlands.
If Aussies support Aldi then Aldi should help Aussies by purchasing locally to keep Aussies in jobs.

I buy my soy milk and cat food from Aldi now for half the price of Woolies and Coles. Their fruit is sometimes cheaper as well. But unfortunately still have to go to Woolies to do the basics online and can only go to Aldi when someone takes me from my Aged care service. Wish they did online, but then the prices would probably escalate.

Reactions: Bunyip57 and Gsr
I think your answer to the question may be aldi purchases a lot of European products and keeps the prices low for this reason, I remember when living in uk the products on sale were German and Dutch etc and good quality.

Have you made any enquires if someone could take you .
I have quite often dropped people back at aged care when I've seen them struggling.
Also take a lady who uses a gopher with me once a month to bigger shopping centre, our country co-op is so expensive. Try to help out where I can.
Good on you, I am not in a Community but a rental unit. I get support services once a week from My Aged Care and they clean and take me places if I need it. I have a neighbour upstairs who is on NDIS and gets support services 3 times a day and while I am sure he needs it, why is their not more money in Aged Care services? Just a thought.

Sometimes, life can get too chaotic and we all find ourselves chasing a simpler way of living. While groceries can get complicated, we can make things easier by making a list of the essentials and sticking to it when shopping.

One post on social media opened the discussion: ‘What is everyone's top five products that they only get from ALDI and nowhere else?’

A savvy mum who loves shopping at ALDI shared her own top five must-buy items for the week in the post.

This mum has been visiting ALDI for years and considers herself an expert on the brand’s range, so who better to ask for tips about the products you should be stocking your pantry with?

Here are the five items this ALDI super shopper will always buy from the budget supermarket:

The Deli Originals Hommus Dip received positive reviews from consumers, with others claiming this is the only hommus they eat. People shared their sentiments on Choice.com:

‘Since I first tried this product, ALDI Hommus, I prefer it over any other that I've tried,’ a reviewer wrote.

A second said, ‘We have been buying ALDI hummus for ages and we prefer it to any of the other brands we’ve purchased. Great value for money!’

If you need more encouragement to add this hommus dip into your weekly shop, Consumer Experts at Choice gave the dip an impressive 78 per cent rating in their tests.

View attachment 27497

The mum also recommends this 1kg butter spread from the retailer. Canstar Blue rated this product top 2 on their ‘Best Rated Butter’ list, receiving five stars for value for money and packaging convenience.

View attachment 27498
Beautifully Butterfully Caterer’s Selection Buttery Spread 450g, $4.99. Credit: ALDI

Another one on this mum’s list is these mixed nuts from ALDI. It’s a combination of cashews, almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, Brazil nuts, pecan nuts, and macadamias. Other ALDI fans agree that this is a winner when it comes to snacking.

One consumer shared on Product Review: ‘Best ever mixed nuts, I only wish they were 100% Australian.’

View attachment 27499

If you’re a fan of decadent desserts, it looks like you’ll want to save some space in your fridge and freezer for this tiramisu by Food Envy. One customer shared their review on OzBargain, writing: ‘The ingredients, taste and quality are amazing for the price.’

View attachment 27501

Bakehouse Light Rye Loaf is a must-have for the health-conscious shopper, with shoppers saying it’s by far one of ALDI’s best bread products on offer. A shopper shared their love this loaf in a social media comment, writing: ‘LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! My whole family eat it and love it. Great bread at a fabulous price.’

View attachment 27502

The discussion quickly gained attention, with some chiming in with their own top five items.

Some found it hard to limit their choices to five and added more products like Power Force Premium Liquid Bleach, Lyttos Greek Style Natural Yogurt 2kg, and Atlas Kill & Protect High Performance Crawling Insect Spray.

Now, here’s the best part–these products, plus thousands of the retailer’s other items, including fresh fruit and veg can all be ordered online and delivered straight to your door as part of ALDI’s Click & Collect service.

If you’re keen on doing all or part of your regular shopping online, from the comfort of your own home, head to ALDI’s website and sign up to access the service in your area.

Key Takeaways

• Shoppers reveal on social media the top five grocery products they buy from ALDI over other supermarkets.
  • Some of ALDI's preferred items include the Deli Originals Fresh Hommus Dip, Beautifully Butterfully Caterer’s Selection Buttery Spread, Forresters Natural Mixed Nuts, Food Envy Tiramisu and Bakehouse Light Rye Loaf.
  • Other social media users also mentioned their favourite products, with some having a hard time limiting their lists to five.

What are you top five ALDI products, dear members? Share them in the comments below!

NOTE: ALDI links and images supplied, when

View attachment 27497

View attachment 27498

View attachment 27499

View attachment 27501

View attachment 27502

Key Takeaways

View attachment 27497

View attachment 27498

View attachment 27499

View attachment 27501

View attachment 27502

Key Takeaways

A tip. Do not use the Butterfully product in recipes that call for softened butter. I did and had lbig fails every time I tried to make cookies. Couldn't understand why when it had never happened before. When I analysed what I was doing differently it was this product as a (cheaper) substitute for the butter I used to use. Went back to butter and, hey presto, all good again.

FYI I was making things using Aldi's cake and cookie mixes.

Reactions: Cyberchook
Aldi have some great value products but I am concerned that they are importing food items that should be supplied by Australian producers. These include peanut butter from Argentina, jam from Belgium, corn flakes from Germany, and can you believe it, frozen potato chips from Belgium and Netherlands.
If Aussies support Aldi then Aldi should help Aussies by purchasing locally to keep Aussies in jobs.
I find that the diversity we get from Aldi is due to the importation of these European foods. Their chocolate is one reason I buy mine from there, it is a different texture to Cadbury's & to an ex-pom far superior to Australian Cadbury's which has an additive that stops it from melting in our hot weather and thus has a dead taste. The Chaucer range from Aldi is far superior with a rich creamy chocolate taste & wonderful fillings & half the price of Cadbury's.

View attachment 27497

View attachment 27498

View attachment 27499

View attachment 27501

View attachment 27502

Key Takeaways

butter, YES used for ages. will try the bread. other i can do without. tiramsu is yummy for a treat.

Reactions: croz
I buy most of my shopping @ Aldi , like fruit and veges , Dutch cheese , peanut butter ,chicken , nuts and mixed frozen vegetables.
I buy my nut from separate bags , all natural and mix them together and toast them lightly . That way it is cheaper than buying a mixed bag of nuts .

A tip. Do not use the Butterfully product in recipes that call for softened butter. I did and had lbig fails every time I tried to make cookies. Couldn't understand why when it had never happened before. When I analysed what I was doing differently it was this product as a (cheaper) substitute for the butter I used to use. Went back to butter and, hey presto, all good again.

FYI I was making things using Aldi's cake and cookie mixes.
Works fine with cakes

I’m not a fan of Aldi, I buy very little from there. I feel like the quality is that of home brand products. I mainly go in for the specials down the middle of the store

• Haha
Reactions: Trudi and Shane/#

View attachment 27497

View attachment 27498

View attachment 27499

View attachment 27501

View attachment 27502

Key Takeaways

I love Aldi, but I would NEVER buy any of those 5 products! I make my own bread, hummus and wouldn't buy the others anyway. I like their toilet Paper, dog treats and Serrano ham.

Reactions: IAN3005