Discover the 'brilliant' Bunnings trick that will keep your bath clean!

Bathrooms can be hard to decorate especially if you want them to be practical yet look great. But, what if we told you that you can transform your bathroom for under $100?

Thanks to one clever Aussie, we now know exactly how to do this with just two products from Bunnings!

This clever mum shared her beautiful wooden bath cover on social media which was made with just $80 worth of timber and Cabot’s stain.

She said that before this clever hack, she hardly ever used her bath and would hate having to bend over and clean the dust out of the tub–but now, that has all changed!

dusty tub_pexels_14999156-80e2-45e0-a14c-afafd9f7c2be.jpeg
A clever mum shared how she keeps her bath clean as it is hardly ever used. Image source: Pixabay from pexels.

'My new bath cover. All items from Bunnings. Love it, no more bending over to clean the dusty tub,' she said.

Though, she did add that it took some effort to lift the cover off the tub as it was a little too heavy.

FB resize 105.jpg
All items used to make this bath cover were bought from Bunnings Warehouse. Image source: Facebook/Bunnings Mums.

Social media users were impressed by the woman’s handy work, with many tagging friends and family and insisting that they had to try it out in their own homes.

'Brilliant,' one user said.

'Oh I need one of these, [my] bath doesn’t get used and like you said it just gets dusty all the time,' another user said.

However, some users warned that while it was a great idea, it didn’t always work as intended. One user shared: ‘I did this once. Unknown to me a big black spider moved in and built a nest in the drain hole.’

Another user confirmed this and said: ‘It was a she spider and one day we had a scene from a horror movie unfold as thousands of baby spiders erupted from under the cover…’

Our tip?

Tip
Make sure that you plug the drain hole when you’re not using the bath to avoid any surprises.

Do you also have spaces not being used at home? Below are some tips on how you can give these spaces a new purpose!

Do you have an under-utilised wardrobe or nook? It's the perfect opportunity to convert it into a compact office or a cosy reading nook. With a touch of paint, a comfortable chair, and some shelves, you'll have an adorable space that invites you to sit and drink a cup of tea while enjoying your favourite novel.

Even that dusty space under your staircase can be transformed into something useful. Many are turning it into a display area for interesting knick-knacks or arranging it into a well-lit cellar for wines and spirits. Some have even ventured to utilise it as a mini pet area with a cosy bed and toys for their furry family.

Fireplaces that are no longer in use also make for decorative potential. Consider turning your old fireplace into a unique bookcase or even replace it with a terrarium for a greener touch to your living room.

Unsure how to start? Remember that all you need is to begin with an idea, embrace a little creativity, and seek out practical products to take your project to the next level–Bunnings is always a good place to scout for inspiration and supplies!

FB resize 104.jpg
These are some clever ways you can utilise unused spaces in your home. Image source: Pinterest.

Tip
While transforming unused spaces at home, make sure your changes are safe and convenient for everyone at home. Don't simply rely on online advice, but take the time to chat with home improvement professionals who can provide guidance. Safety is paramount, after all.

Key Takeaways
  • A woman has been praised on social media for her clever solution to keeping her barely used bathtub clean with just two products from Bunnings.
  • The woman used $80 worth of timber and Cabot’s stain to create a cover for her bathtub, preventing dust accumulation while also reducing the need for frequent cleaning.
  • Many social media users expressed admiration for her practical idea.
  • The woman acknowledged potential problems such as spiders nesting in the drain hole and recommended using a drain plug to prevent this.
Members, do you also have under-utilised spaces at home? How did you transform the space? Share your tips and tricks with us in the comments below!

Reactions: Useless
Sponsored
Bathrooms can be hard to decorate especially if you want them to be practical yet look great. But, what if we told you that you can transform your bathroom for under $100?

Thanks to one clever Aussie, we now know exactly how to do this with just two products from Bunnings!

This clever mum shared her beautiful wooden bath cover on social media which was made with just $80 worth of timber and Cabot’s stain.

She said that before this clever hack, she hardly ever used her bath and would hate having to bend over and clean the dust out of the tub–but now, that has all changed!

View attachment 27716
A clever mum shared how she keeps her bath clean as it is hardly ever used. Image source: Pixabay from pexels.

'My new bath cover. All items from Bunnings. Love it, no more bending over to clean the dusty tub,' she said.

Though, she did add that it took some effort to lift the cover off the tub as it was a little too heavy.

View attachment 27715
All items used to make this bath cover were bought from Bunnings Warehouse. Image source: Facebook/Bunnings Mums.

Social media users were impressed by the woman’s handy work, with many tagging friends and family and insisting that they had to try it out in their own homes.

'Oh I need one of these, [my] bath doesn’t get used and like you said it just gets dusty all the time,' another user said.

However, some users warned that while it was a great idea, it didn’t always work as intended. One user shared: ‘I did this once. Unknown to me a big black spider moved in and built a nest in the drain hole.’

Another user confirmed this and said: ‘It was a she spider and one day we had a scene from a horror movie unfold as thousands of baby spiders erupted from under the cover…’

Our tip?

Tip
Make sure that you plug the drain hole when you’re not using the bath to avoid any surprises.

Do you also have spaces not being used at home? Below are some tips on how you can give these spaces a new purpose!

Do you have an under-utilised wardrobe or nook? It's the perfect opportunity to convert it into a compact office or a cosy reading nook. With a touch of paint, a comfortable chair, and some shelves, you'll have an adorable space that invites you to sit and drink a cup of tea while enjoying your favourite novel.

Even that dusty space under your staircase can be transformed into something useful. Many are turning it into a display area for interesting knick-knacks or arranging it into a well-lit cellar for wines and spirits. Some have even ventured to utilise it as a mini pet area with a cosy bed and toys for their furry family.

Fireplaces that are no longer in use also make for decorative potential. Consider turning your old fireplace into a unique bookcase or even replace it with a terrarium for a greener touch to your living room.

Unsure how to start? Remember that all you need is to begin with an idea, embrace a little creativity, and seek out practical products to take your project to the next level–Bunnings is always a good place to scout for inspiration and supplies!

View attachment 27714
These are some clever ways you can utilise unused spaces in your home. Image source: Pinterest.

Tip
While transforming unused spaces at home, make sure your changes are safe and convenient for everyone at home. Don't simply rely on online advice, but take the time to chat with home improvement professionals who can provide guidance. Safety is paramount, after all.

Key Takeaways

• A woman has been praised on social media for her clever solution to keeping her barely used bathtub clean with just two products from Bunnings.
  • The woman used $80 worth of timber and Cabot’s stain to create a cover for her bathtub, preventing dust accumulation while also reducing the need for frequent cleaning.
  • The woman acknowledged potential problems such as spiders nesting in the drain hole and recommended using a drain plug to prevent this.
Members, do you also have under-utilised spaces at home? How did you transform the space? Share your tips and tricks with us in the comments below!
I did same thing but I used bed slates. It worked great.

I did the same, but with wooden bath mats. Three at $15 each from Bunnings. I painted them white and am delighted with the results. Hyacinth Bucket, what are bed skates?

Attachments

• IMG_0348.jpeg
    IMG_0348.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: mylittletibbies
I did the same, but with wooden bath mats. Three at $15 each from Bunnings. I painted them white and am delighted with the results. Hyacinth Bucket, what are bed skates?
I really think that looks great, congrats
Wish I had a bath so I could do the same, lol.
Looks so much nicer than the heavy timber look

View attachment 27716

View attachment 27715

Our tip?

Tip

View attachment 27714

Tip

Key Takeaways

a user did this some time back with slats from kmart, which I have used and love. brains say put the plug in first.

View attachment 27716

View attachment 27715

Our tip?

Tip

View attachment 27714

Tip

Key Takeaways

Those bathe covers have been around a long time, I notice the one in the pcture doesn't have any opening for any accidental spill of water?

Last edited:
a user did this some time back with slats from kmart, which I have used and love. brains say put the plug in first.
Yes, I did put the plug in first. 🤣 The Bunnings ones were similar to the K-mart ones, and around the same price. I had to paint them white, as I could only find white ones at Spotlight and they were $50 each, ☹️ I must admit it wasn’t my idea - I saw it online and copied it.

Not new many ,many years ago Council houses in UK came automatically with wooden cover for baths for safety also for coppers
Do you know, I vaguely remember something like that. Not in our council house bathroom, but in the corner of the kitchen, where the copper was situated. The copper must have been removed at some stage, because by the time I left home there was a washing machine with a wringer in that spot.

Yep, they have been around forever, we had one we used to take with us every time we were moved. I was padded so you could sit on it and dry yourself when you got out of the shower. We gave it to my Godmother almost 20 years ago because we were coming home to our own house and we don't have a bath in our place. And she is 97 years young and swears by it.