Discover the $60 fragrance that a Chemist Warehouse employee says could replace your expensive Baccarat Rouge 540

We’d all love to be able to splash out on luxurious items like fine fragrances, but let’s face it— sometimes, these things are out of our budget.

Now, a Chemist Warehouse employee has revealed a wildly popular $59.99 product that could be the answer to those expense problems.

The retail manager of the pharmacy chain, Jess, said that this product is called the Armaf Club De Nuit Untold fragrance, available in 100mL size.

It’s being touted by fans as the 'closest dupe' of Maison Francis Kurkdjian’s Baccarat Rouge 540—a high-end fragrance that can cost between $214 to $729, depending on the size.

photo (20).jpg
Baccarat Rouge 540 ($475 for 70 ml) and Club De Nuit Untold ($59.99 for 100 ml). Credit: Chemist Warehouse and Maison Francis Kurkdjian Paris

Jess believed the budget buy could be just as good as the Paris label. This is because both scents contain the same notes—including saffron, jasmine, amberwood, ambergris (musky scent), fir resin (green spicy wood) and cedar.

She shared this discovery on social media, saying: ‘Club De Nuit Untold smells just like Baccarat Rouge. It is a unisex fragrance and it’s sweet, woody Amber scent. And she’s strong.’

'I found that both of these fragrances have exactly the same fragrance notes,' she explained. 'Baccarat Rouge has six notes, this has six notes, and those six notes are exactly the same.'

Jess’s video has been viewed more than 530,000 times, with many expressing their love for the dupe.

'I have both, and they smell pretty much identical,' one person affirmed.

‘I purchased this, and I’d say the scent is more subtle than Baccarat, but I think I prefer this,’ another shared.

Someone claimed: ‘Club De Nuit colognes are some of the best bang for buck.’

And a rather honest shopper even revealed, ‘I was hoping to gatekeep it.’

Due to its popularity, the affordable perfume is reportedly sold out everywhere.

‘This video is why it’s sold out right now, and I can’t buy again,’ someone commented on the video.

But Jess is optimistic that more stock will be available soon. She said: ‘I’ve been told more stock will be coming online and in stores soon.’

It also wouldn’t hurt to take a quick look around the next time you go for a quick trip to the chemist if it’s in supply!

You can watch Jess’ video here:

Choosing the right scent is often just as personal as finding the right outfit or the right hairstyle. Just like your fashion and beauty choices, the perfume you wear can say a lot about your personal style and who you are.

First, it's crucial to consider your personal taste. Are you into sweet or fruity fragrances? Or do you prefer a more earthy and woody aroma? This is the first step in narrowing down your options. Spend some time in your local perfume store and sample a range of different scents. This will give you an idea of what you're drawn to.

Remember, your body chemistry also plays a vital role in how a perfume smells on you. Factors such as your skin's pH, temperature, diet, and even the products you use can alter the fragrance. That's why a perfume that smells fabulous on your friend may not smell the same on you.

It’s a good idea to try a scent on your own skin and leave it there for a few hours. The fragrance will naturally evolve over time and interact with your personal chemistry. It’s said that in choosing a perfume fit for you, it's this final version of the scent that you want to love, as this is what you'll be walking around wearing.

Why the wait? Well, keep in mind that perfumes also have layers: the top note, the middle (or heart) note, and the base note. Spray a sample and let it settle for a few moments. The initial smell you get would be the top note, which will dissipate after about 15 minutes. The middle note will then evolve and remain for three to four hours. Finally, the base notes become apparent, lasting five to eight hours after application.

These perfume-picking tips will not only save you from choice paralysis at the counter but also offer an insight into the beautiful world of perfumery. You might even discover that the perfect perfume is not the most expensive on the shelf but a more affordable option that matches your style and body chemistry.

Don't forget that perfume shopping should be a fun and aromatic adventure, not a daunting task. Enjoy the journey, and trust your nose along the way!

Key Takeaways

• A Chemist Warehouse employee has shared that the Armaf Club De Nuit Untold fragrance, retailing at $59.99, is a close replica of the luxury Maison Francis Kurkdjian Baccarat Rouge 540 which costs from $214 to $729.
  • The Chemist Warehouse manager explained that both scents contain exactly the same six notes of fragrance—saffron, jasmine, amberwood, ambergris, fir resin and cedar.
  • The video in which she revealed this affordable alternative has received over 530,000 views, with many shoppers confirming the similarity between the two fragrances.
  • After sharing the video, the Armaf Club De Nuit Untold fragrance sold out everywhere. The employee confirmed that the fragrance would be restocked soon.

Do you have other luxury fragrance dupes, members? Share them in the comments below!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Ezzy and Petra
Sponsored
The cheap fragrance doesn't last.

They don't smell like the original ones.

I can dab Chanel no 5 in the morning and be asked in the night what perfume I'm wearing.

It's good for those who don't want to spend money but you are paying for what you get

People who pay $729 for perfume must have more money than sense.
Probably the same people who pay over $1000 for ugly sandals.
Each to his own I guess, I've got much better things to do with my money.

• Haha
Reactions: Petra and DLHM
How many men wear aftershave today? I haven't used one for years.

Perfumes are always nice on a lady but not when they bathe in them, as l notice from time to time.

The cost scares me & as suggested, you usually get what you pay for.