Discover the $2.30 tile cleaning ‘secret’ that this Aussie swears by

Tile floors are notorious for trapping dirt, grime, and stains over time. From muddy paw prints to greasy spills in the kitchen, keeping tiles looking clean can quickly become a frustrating challenge.

But one Australian woman has discovered an unlikely solution for sparkling floors—and it only cost her $2.30!

After trying every cleaner out there, she had given up on restoring her back patio tiles to their former glory. The tiles were so dirty that it seemed nothing could penetrate the layers of deeply embedded dirt.

She first tried an Ozito pressure cleaner, but even the high-powered spray couldn't blast away the grime.

Next, she applied a specialty 30-second cleaner that promised to dissolve dirt on contact but saw no difference after scrubbing until her arms ached.

Screenshot 2023-10-26 at 2.48.42 PM.png
The woman found that using a toilet cleaner effectively cleans her floors. Credit: Facebook, Coles.

Nearly ready to replace the tiles, she decided to try one more cleaning product before admitting defeat. Surprisingly, what finally did the trick was an ordinary bottle of toilet cleaner!

'After all the money and time I wasted on products for those tiles, the answer was in my bathroom!' she exclaimed. She couldn't believe that a $2.30 bottle of Coles Ultra Marine Fresh Bleach Toilet Gel could outperform heavy-duty deck cleaners.

Toilet bowl cleaners contain powerful agents designed to break down organic matter and dissolve mineral deposits. The active ingredients, often bleach, work to obliterate grime and burn through stains.

Though acidic, toilet cleaners can be a surprisingly effective cleansing agent for outdoor tiles when used properly.

So, how did the woman do it? She said she started by testing a small area with the cleaner for 5 minutes and then wiping it. When she saw it worked, she used a broom to spread the cleaner across the whole floor and then rinsed it off with a hose.

She added that she didn't have to scrub much; the cleaner did most of the work on its own. 'I did no scrubbing at all. For any parts that had real build-up, I just let the cleaner work for longer. Hosing off took longer than cleaning, she said.

The dramatic transformation blew away members of the Facebook group she shared her experience with.

'Wow, I might have to try this on my tiles!' commented one.

'It got my grout looking new, too,' another said.

Working with bleach toilet cleaners requires some precautions to ensure your safety. Bleach is a strong chemical that can be harmful if misused.

First, make sure that the bathroom is well-ventilated. Open windows and doors or turn on an exhaust fan to allow fresh air to circulate and help dissipate fumes.

Also, wear appropriate protective gear, including gloves and safety goggles, to protect your skin and eyes from contact with bleach.

Of course, it's important to note that toilet cleaners may damage some tile types, so proceed with caution by testing first. But when used correctly on suitable surfaces, this $2.30 trick can save you hours of frustrating scrubbing!

Who knew the secret to sparkling floors was lurking in the bathroom?

Key Takeaways

• A woman has shared her unique cleaning hack for outdoor floor tiles using a $2.30 toilet cleaner.
  • After trying several other cleaning methods without success, she found that the budget Ultra Coles-brand toilet cleaner achieved the best results.
  • The woman claimed minimal scrubbing was required and allowed the cleaner to work longer on tougher build-ups.
  • Many were impressed by the results, though some cautioned that this method might only work on some floor tiles.

You read it here, folks! If you're tired of dealing with those stubborn, hard-to-clean, dirty floors that seem to challenge your cleaning efforts, this might be the solution you've been searching for.

Do you have other effective cleaning tips, tricks, or advice to share? We'd love to hear from you in the comments section below.

Sponsored
Tile floors are notorious for trapping dirt, grime, and stains over time. From muddy paw prints to greasy spills in the kitchen, keeping tiles looking clean can quickly become a frustrating challenge.

But one Australian woman has discovered an unlikely solution for sparkling floors—and it only cost her $2.30!

After trying every cleaner out there, she had given up on restoring her back patio tiles to their former glory. The tiles were so dirty that it seemed nothing could penetrate the layers of deeply embedded dirt.

She first tried an Ozito pressure cleaner, but even the high-powered spray couldn't blast away the grime.

Next, she applied a specialty 30-second cleaner that promised to dissolve dirt on contact but saw no difference after scrubbing until her arms ached.

View attachment 33138
The woman found that using a toilet cleaner effectively cleans her floors. Credit: Facebook, Coles.

Nearly ready to replace the tiles, she decided to try one more cleaning product before admitting defeat. Surprisingly, what finally did the trick was an ordinary bottle of toilet cleaner!

'After all the money and time I wasted on products for those tiles, the answer was in my bathroom!' she exclaimed. She couldn't believe that a $2.30 bottle of Coles Ultra Marine Fresh Bleach Toilet Gel could outperform heavy-duty deck cleaners.

Toilet bowl cleaners contain powerful agents designed to break down organic matter and dissolve mineral deposits. The active ingredients, often bleach, work to obliterate grime and burn through stains.

Though acidic, toilet cleaners can be a surprisingly effective cleansing agent for outdoor tiles when used properly.

So, how did the woman do it? She said she started by testing a small area with the cleaner for 5 minutes and then wiping it. When she saw it worked, she used a broom to spread the cleaner across the whole floor and then rinsed it off with a hose.

She added that she didn't have to scrub much; the cleaner did most of the work on its own. 'I did no scrubbing at all. For any parts that had real build-up, I just let the cleaner work for longer. Hosing off took longer than cleaning, she said.

The dramatic transformation blew away members of the Facebook group she shared her experience with.

Working with bleach toilet cleaners requires some precautions to ensure your safety. Bleach is a strong chemical that can be harmful if misused.

First, make sure that the bathroom is well-ventilated. Open windows and doors or turn on an exhaust fan to allow fresh air to circulate and help dissipate fumes.

Also, wear appropriate protective gear, including gloves and safety goggles, to protect your skin and eyes from contact with bleach.

Of course, it's important to note that toilet cleaners may damage some tile types, so proceed with caution by testing first. But when used correctly on suitable surfaces, this $2.30 trick can save you hours of frustrating scrubbing!

Key Takeaways

• A woman has shared her unique cleaning hack for outdoor floor tiles using a $2.30 toilet cleaner.
  • After trying several other cleaning methods without success, she found that the budget Ultra Coles-brand toilet cleaner achieved the best results.
  • The woman claimed minimal scrubbing was required and allowed the cleaner to work longer on tougher build-ups.
  • Many were impressed by the results, though some cautioned that this method might only work on some floor tiles.

You read it here, folks! If you're tired of dealing with those stubborn, hard-to-clean, dirty floors that seem to challenge your cleaning efforts, this might be the solution you've been searching for.

Do you have other effective cleaning tips, tricks, or advice to share? We'd love to hear from you in the comments section below.
Hi
I will try this for sure.

Does anyone know what will remove silicone personal lubricant from sheets?
I have tried everything and nothing seems to work.
I do not need any smart or derogatory comments about the reason why I need to ask this question just a solution to a real issue facing some people.
Hard questions sometimes has the easiest solution plus the time and costs involved by trial n error method could take forever as everything I have tried has failed.

Every type of stain remover, dish washing liquid, degreasers, anti graffiti, soap you name it I have tried it to no avail.

Any ideas is happily considered.

Cheers everyone

View attachment 33138

Key Takeaways

Hi again
I tried this and it worked to some degree.uj8ii
I neglected to wear gloves and the product must have been absorbed to though my skin because after using it I started getting hot flushes and feeling sick in the stomach, had buzzing in my ears and a headache.
I lay down for over an hour before I felt better

There are more and more products now that do a good job without using bleach. It's very bad for the environment and especially bad for people if you don't wear gloves and a mask against the fumes.
If you have a septic it kills all the good enzymes which you need to break down the poo etc.

Wonder if this also works for shower tiles and glass shower doors. I cant find a decent product to remove all the soap scum and/or calcium deposits that seem to build up over time.

Wonder if this also works for shower tiles and glass shower doors. I cant find a decent product to remove all the soap scum and/or calcium deposits that seem to build up over time.
I've used Easy Off Bam bathroom scum cleaner and Ajax bathroom cleaner and both have worked wonders on the shower glass and tiles as well as the grouting. It's more expensive but worth the money if it works.

Reactions: Leoniey
Don't use soap - we on ly use shower gel and it leaves the tiles and glass clean.