Discover the $15 Kmart item that massively expands your kitchen space!

Has your kitchen ever been so cluttered that you wish you just had more space?

Creative and resourceful home decorators know that transforming your home can be easy and affordable, and this savvy Kmart shopper shared a genius trick that will expand your bench space without breaking the bank!

We wrote about this item before, but in case you need a refresher, this trick can expand your kitchen storage using a caddie from Kmart and a plank of timber.

The story begins when Lainee Hermsen, who goes by @lainee.creates on social media, had considered installing floating shelves for more kitchen space. But instead of shelling out more money, she used two caddies and a 1.2m plank of timber to create a superb bench top shelf.

photo.jpg
One savvy shopper expanded her kitchen bench using a $15 item from Kmart. Image source: Instagram/@lainee.creates.

She bought two 3-Tier Floor Caddies from Kmart and a 1.2m plank of timber.

To create the shelf, Lainee:
  • Positioned the two caddies on her kitchen bench about a metre apart.
  • Slid the plank of timber across the top tier of the caddy.

People on social media were quick to praise Lainee’s work.

‘Great idea,’ one said.

While another shared: ‘Well done, Lainee! I’ve got some of those racks, but mine just house overflowing fruit and vegetables–nothing as exciting as you’ve done!’

‘That's so cool!’ A third added.

This also inspired other Kmart fans to have a go at recreating their own variation.

‘I use it as a spice rack!’ One commented.

‘I'll put it in my son's wardrobe, it's so narrow he puts most his things in mine!’ Another shared.

‘We had various face washers and bottles in our shower, I bought this for it and it made our shower give it a much tidier look,’ a third said.

While a fourth recommended: ‘We use ours instead of a fruit bowl. Fruit is stored separately and is easily accessible to the kids.’

Another crafty Kmart enthusiast, Jackie Smart, used the same caddies to create a sensational coffee and tea station in her pantry.

FB resize 109.jpg
Another crafty Kmart customer cut the top part of the caddy fit her pantry and used the cut-off part as an egg basket. Image source: Jackie Smart.

Jackie had asked her partner to cut the top tier and top handle to fit in her pantry. No part was wasted as she opted to use the cut-off part as an egg basket.

Need more inspiration? Here’s a video of the other ways you can use the caddy for extra storage:

Key Takeaways
  • Lainee Hermsen shared on social media an affordable way to create additional bench space.
  • It involves the use of two 3-Tier Floor Caddies from Kmart and a 1.2m plank of timber to create a shelf.
  • Another Kmart enthusiast, Jackie Smart, used the same shelf to create a coffee and tea station in her pantry.
Do you have other ideas on how to expand bench space? Share them with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
Has your kitchen ever been so cluttered that you wish you just had more space?

Creative and resourceful home decorators know that transforming your home can be easy and affordable, and this savvy Kmart shopper shared a genius trick that will expand your bench space without breaking the bank!

We wrote about this item before, but in case you need a refresher, this trick can expand your kitchen storage using a caddie from Kmart and a plank of timber.

The story begins when Lainee Hermsen, who goes by @lainee.creates on social media, had considered installing floating shelves for more kitchen space. But instead of shelling out more money, she used two caddies and a 1.2m plank of timber to create a superb bench top shelf.

View attachment 28758
One savvy shopper expanded her kitchen bench using a $15 item from Kmart. Image source: Instagram/@lainee.creates.

She bought two 3-Tier Floor Caddies from Kmart and a 1.2m plank of timber.

To create the shelf, Lainee:
  • Positioned the two caddies on her kitchen bench about a metre apart.
  • Slid the plank of timber across the top tier of the caddy.

People on social media were quick to praise Lainee’s work.

‘Great idea,’ one said.

While another shared: ‘Well done, Lainee! I’ve got some of those racks, but mine just house overflowing fruit and vegetables–nothing as exciting as you’ve done!’

‘That's so cool!’ A third added.

This also inspired other Kmart fans to have a go at recreating their own variation.

‘I use it as a spice rack!’ One commented.

‘I'll put it in my son's wardrobe, it's so narrow he puts most his things in mine!’ Another shared.

‘We had various face washers and bottles in our shower, I bought this for it and it made our shower give it a much tidier look,’ a third said.

While a fourth recommended: ‘We use ours instead of a fruit bowl. Fruit is stored separately and is easily accessible to the kids.’

Another crafty Kmart enthusiast, Jackie Smart, used the same caddies to create a sensational coffee and tea station in her pantry.

View attachment 28757
Another crafty Kmart customer cut the top part of the caddy fit her pantry and used the cut-off part as an egg basket. Image source: Jackie Smart.

Jackie had asked her partner to cut the top tier and top handle to fit in her pantry. No part was wasted as she opted to use the cut-off part as an egg basket.

Need more inspiration? Here’s a video of the other ways you can use the caddy for extra storage:

Key Takeaways

• Lainee Hermsen shared on social media an affordable way to create additional bench space.
  • It involves the use of two 3-Tier Floor Caddies from Kmart and a 1.2m plank of timber to create a shelf.
  • Another Kmart enthusiast, Jackie Smart, used the same shelf to create a coffee and tea station in her pantry.
Do you have other ideas on how to expand bench space? Share them with us in the comments below!

this has already been shown and i did this some months back. it is a marvellous use of space.

Reactions: TheBear
I purchased 2 of these years ago. One for the Microwave and one as a hot drinks centre. Large containers of coffee and tea on the bottom and small containers of sugar and sweeteners on top.

Attachments

• 1693529612537.png
    1693529612537.png
    25.9 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: TheBear and Ezzy