ALDI have been in Australia for about 12 years. What have they done differently?
Cunning advertising, not strictly accurate but then they don't care.

2kg washing power advertised at (all prices are mine and not necessarily accurate) $4.00 against Omo etc at $12.00 not a lie but not accurate.

Corn Flakes $2.00 Kellogg's $4.00 .

EVERY ALDI item compared against brand prices. Not once do they compare ALDI Brands against Woolies & Coles house brands, which are the same or lower (particularly if you factor the credit card surcharge and no rewards program).

At last the public is waking up, by generic at you main grocery. Stop the Aldi con job.
That is possibly true about Aldi brands against the more well known brands and not against Woolies and Coles home brands, I don’t know. But then how many are not willing to try home brands and will only go for well known brands, for instance Kellogg etc. Perhaps my tastebuds are not very good because I don’t find much difference in Aldi’s and brands like Kellogg etc and I do try home brands. One thing I do not like is the Woolworths tinned fish, very much full of water.

Reactions: Babybird
ALDI have been in Australia for about 12 years. What have they done differently?
Cunning advertising, not strictly accurate but then they don't care.

2kg washing power advertised at (all prices are mine and not necessarily accurate) $4.00 against Omo etc at $12.00 not a lie but not accurate.

Corn Flakes $2.00 Kellogg's $4.00 .

EVERY ALDI item compared against brand prices. Not once do they compare ALDI Brands against Woolies & Coles house brands, which are the same or lower (particularly if you factor the credit card surcharge and no rewards program).

At last the public is waking up, by generic at you main grocery. Stop the Aldi con job.
I have not seen any cornflakes cheaper than Aldi.
Aldi washing powder and soaker have often been voted best. Coles and Woolies brand is absolute
garbage, might just as well wash in plain water.
Many generic brands are crap, compare eggs with eggs, not just prices.

That is dreadful. There needs to be some sort of support especially if you are too young for aged care packages or for whatever reason you can't access NDIS. So many gaps in these programs. They should be setting up community groups for those who need help to get out for grocery shopping and medical appointments
A while back there used to be community transport I don't know in some towns still exists talk local council and or look up community transport for that area

I spent years trying to tell certain family members how much cheaper it was to.shop at Aldi.
They would whinge about having to pack your own groceries, not a big enough range, don't know where anything is, etc.
They all now shop at Aldi.
You don't need dozens of one particular item to choose from, and of course you don't know where things are but you soon learn and if people are too precious to pack their own groceries then go and shop at the other two but stop bloody complaining about being ripped off.
I only shop at Coles for the few things I can't get at Aldi and then only buy them in bulk when they are half price.
There are many ways to cut back on the cost, it just takes a little bit of common sense and organisation.
I know many people who say they don't have time to go to different shops (I must admit mine are all close together) or they don't have time to spend organizing their shopping beforehand.
Same people spend endless hours watching the idiot box, playing with their phones, etc but don't have "time"?????
keep your dockets - if moving through supermarkets - they check bags re prePurchased items.

That is possibly true about Aldi brands against the more well known brands and not against Woolies and Coles home brands, I don’t know. But then how many are not willing to try home brands and will only go for well known brands, for instance Kellogg etc. Perhaps my tastebuds are not very good because I don’t find much difference in Aldi’s and brands like Kellogg etc and I do try home brands. One thing I do not like is the Woolworths tinned fish, very much full of water.
Buy ones with oil

Reactions: Ezzy
Okay so my son drives my daughter to Lighthouse Care once a fortnight to get a $25.00 trolley of food. I have been on a couple of times.
You CANNOT just take a trolley and go fill it yourself with food for $25.00.
Instead you pay $25.00 at the checkout and then present your receipt to one of the lovely volunteers who then goes out to collect your PRE-PACKED trolley with that weeks food offerings which always includes fresh fruit & vegs and the Dairy, Meat & frozen goods are added at the time of purchase.
There are also large crates of out the front that have an excess of a fruit or vegetable or both that you can take extra of if you need it.
At Easter time this yr my daughters children received a free chocolate egg each.
On occasions they even have tables of donated clothing which are also free.
Debbie, the lady who runs this place is a very lovely Christian woman hence the reason they are not open on a Sunday and also close at midday on Saturdays.
There is another place in the Logan area called TRIBE OF JUDAH that has pretty much the same products as Lighthouse Care at the same prices but they don't do trolleys of food. I prefer to go to this one.
Another place has also just opened up in this area called Serving Our People. This is a FREE food supermarket. They are open Tues, Wed, Thur from 10.00am - 3.00pm. The address is - KENG Tudor Park. 71-81 Clarks Road, Loganholme.

So these places are probably doing a great job but they really are just perpetuating the problem. Take a look at what is in the trolley in the picture. No protein. Just junk fruit drinks, fruit and veg. We don't need to be filling up on garbage like pasta and rice and bread if we are watching our money and trying to stay healthy. We need good sources of protein to survive and that means eggs, meat, fish. Surely they could include some eggs and chicken pieces at the very least and maybe some mince meat
Pasta & rice are a staple diet for people in some countries, including the poorer ones, & those people don't seem to suffer from the nutrients in those foods, do they?

Aldi may have been in AUS since 2000