Discover how this mum keeps her grocery bills under $50!

In the face of the escalating cost-of-living crisis, one mum has become a beacon of hope for budget-conscious shoppers.

She has shared her ingenious strategy for keeping her weekly grocery bill under $50.

The best part? It's not as complicated as you might think.

The thrifty shopper took to social media to share a snapshot of her receipt, demonstrating how she managed to cut down her grocery bill from $120.49 to $29.44.

'My groceries this week were $120.49 after saving $60 by shopping half-price specials and Woolies rewards members price items,' she began her post.

SDC 15.png
A mum shared her strategy on how to cut down grocery bills. Image source: rawpixel.com on Freepik.

She further elaborated on the various discounts and special prices she could leverage.

'I got a $12.05 discount by being a Woolies Everyday Extra customer (10% off total shop), $10 off using my Woolies rewards points and $70 off using a gift card I redeemed by doing online surveys,' she explained.

While her savings were substantial, she confessed that it required a certain level of commitment and time investment.

She spends approximately two hours each day participating in online surveys, earning her anywhere from 50c to $40, depending on the time required to complete them.

The payment for each survey may vary, but as she pointed out, it all adds up.

She then conducts a thorough investigation to determine which supermarket offers the best sales that align with her shopping list.

The mum redeems a voucher for that store using the money she has accumulated from the surveys.

'Each week's surveys generate anywhere from $50-$100. I then redeem a gift card from either Woolies or Coles, depending on what half-price specials they have that week,' she explained.

Some of the online survey sites she frequents include Octopus Group, AttaPoll, Pure Profile, and Opinion World.

'My groceries each week are never over $50 for myself and a 10-year-old! I hope I can help someone else or at least motivate someone to save every bit they can.'

Her post was met with gratitude from fellow shoppers, some of whom shared that they employed a similar method to cut down their own grocery bills.

'I made $180 just a few weeks ago,' responded one woman, who claimed she spent an 'hour or two' doing surveys while sitting in bed watching TV.

The Power of Online Surveys and Reward Programs

Online surveys have become a popular way for people to earn a little extra cash or rewards. Companies value consumer opinions and are willing to pay for them. While the payout for each survey may not be substantial, the cumulative effect can be quite significant.

Reward programs, like Woolies Everyday Extra, are another excellent way to save money. These programs offer discounts, special prices, and points that can be redeemed for future purchases. By combining the power of online surveys and reward programs makes it possible to make substantial savings on your weekly grocery bill.

While this method requires some time and effort, the savings can be substantial. As the cost of living continues to rise, strategies like these can significantly impact your budget.
Key Takeaways
  • An Australian mother has revealed her strategy for keeping her weekly grocery bill under $50 amidst the rising cost of living crisis.
  • The woman disclosed using online surveys, half-price specials, and Woolies rewards, which reduced her initial grocery bill from $120.49 to just $29.44.
  • She spends approximately two hours daily completing online surveys in exchange for gift cards she uses for grocery shopping.
  • Other budget-savvy shoppers commended the woman's system and shared their experiences of similar methods to cut grocery expenses.
So, what do you think of this thrifty mum's supermarket hack? Have you tried something similar? Share your thoughts and experiences in the comments below.

Sponsored
You need to carefully screen which surveys you want to do. Often because I don't have any children under 18 living with me or because I am a senior I am automatically not suitable to do the survey. One of the best things we discovered is Scan n Go (IRI) where you scan the barcodes on your shopping and accrue points. When you have enough points you can get a gift card which you can then use to buy whatever you like. It is quite easy to do and you can still input things like fruit and vegetables or take away food which don't have barcodes. We find this an easy way to save a little money and we all have to eat. It also covers other stores like Kmart, Big W, newsagents, liquor outlets etc. Worth a look - the website will give you much more information.

In the face of the escalating cost-of-living crisis, one mum has become a beacon of hope for budget-conscious shoppers.

She has shared her ingenious strategy for keeping her weekly grocery bill under $50.

The thrifty shopper took to social media to share a snapshot of her receipt, demonstrating how she managed to cut down her grocery bill from $120.49 to $29.44.

'My groceries this week were $120.49 after saving $60 by shopping half-price specials and Woolies rewards members price items,' she began her post.

View attachment 36017
A mum shared her strategy on how to cut down grocery bills. Image source: rawpixel.com on Freepik.

She further elaborated on the various discounts and special prices she could leverage.

'I got a $12.05 discount by being a Woolies Everyday Extra customer (10% off total shop), $10 off using my Woolies rewards points and $70 off using a gift card I redeemed by doing online surveys,' she explained.

While her savings were substantial, she confessed that it required a certain level of commitment and time investment.

She spends approximately two hours each day participating in online surveys, earning her anywhere from 50c to $40, depending on the time required to complete them.

She then conducts a thorough investigation to determine which supermarket offers the best sales that align with her shopping list.

The mum redeems a voucher for that store using the money she has accumulated from the surveys.

'Each week's surveys generate anywhere from $50-$100. I then redeem a gift card from either Woolies or Coles, depending on what half-price specials they have that week,' she explained.

Some of the online survey sites she frequents include Octopus Group, AttaPoll, Pure Profile, and Opinion World.

'My groceries each week are never over $50 for myself and a 10-year-old! I hope I can help someone else or at least motivate someone to save every bit they can.'

Her post was met with gratitude from fellow shoppers, some of whom shared that they employed a similar method to cut down their own grocery bills.

'I made $180 just a few weeks ago,' responded one woman, who claimed she spent an 'hour or two' doing surveys while sitting in bed watching TV.

Online surveys have become a popular way for people to earn a little extra cash or rewards. Companies value consumer opinions and are willing to pay for them. While the payout for each survey may not be substantial, the cumulative effect can be quite significant.

Reward programs, like Woolies Everyday Extra, are another excellent way to save money. These programs offer discounts, special prices, and points that can be redeemed for future purchases. By combining the power of online surveys and reward programs makes it possible to make substantial savings on your weekly grocery bill.

While this method requires some time and effort, the savings can be substantial. As the cost of living continues to rise, strategies like these can significantly impact your budget.
Key Takeaways

• An Australian mother has revealed her strategy for keeping her weekly grocery bill under $50 amidst the rising cost of living crisis.
  • The woman disclosed using online surveys, half-price specials, and Woolies rewards, which reduced her initial grocery bill from $120.49 to just $29.44.
  • She spends approximately two hours daily completing online surveys in exchange for gift cards she uses for grocery shopping.
  • Other budget-savvy shoppers commended the woman's system and shared their experiences of similar methods to cut grocery expenses.
So, what do you think of this thrifty mum's supermarket hack? Have you tried something similar? Share your thoughts and experiences in the comments below.
Article wasn't worth reading tbh! Wasn't what I thought it might be

View attachment 36017

Key Takeaways

I think she is wonderful to be able to do this. Yes I have Cole’s and woolies rewards and last year redeemed $600 with Cole’s. Aldi have great specials . Another way to play with your weekly bill is, if you shop on Monday one week Tuesday the next and so on and without knowing it you have saved a whole week.
Sadly having pets not so easy when you feed fresh meat even mince has become difficult to afford for them.

Reactions: Gsr and Lizzie1149

View attachment 36017

Key Takeaways

Yeah love to see what she buys. No copy of the receipt. And who has the time to sit around doing surveys, not the people out there working for a living

Reactions: Scaveola and Gsr
I think she is wonderful to be able to do this. Yes I have Cole’s and woolies rewards and last year redeemed $600 with Cole’s. Aldi have great specials . Another way to play with your weekly bill is, if you shop on Monday one week Tuesday the next and so on and without knowing it you have saved a whole week.
Sadly having pets not so easy when you feed fresh meat even mince has become difficult to afford for them.
You are still doing your pets a big favour feeding them fresh meat. We should be doing the same for ourselves and cutting out all the junk, highly processed stuff and sugar filled fruits. My hubby drinks Pepsi max so that takes a big bite out of our budget. Would love not to have to buy it

Reactions: Gsr
You are still doing your pets a big favour feeding them fresh meat. We should be doing the same for ourselves and cutting out all the junk, highly processed stuff and sugar filled fruits. My hubby drinks Pepsi max so that takes a big bite out of our budget. Would love not to have to buy it
Maybe, point out the salt intake ,45mg per 375ml, could add up to a lot of salt per day.
I know someone who's veins in her legs collapsed from drinking Coca Cola for every drink daily.
May not have sugar but still not good for you.

View attachment 36017

Key Takeaways

She has shared her ingenious strategy for keeping her weekly grocery bill under $50. I stopped feeding the kids?.

Maybe, point out the salt intake ,45mg per 375ml, could add up to a lot of salt per day.
I know someone who's veins in her legs collapsed from drinking Coca Cola for every drink daily.
May not have sugar but still not good for you.
No problem with salt. If we don't have enough salt we die. Sugar is the key to all of the health issues today. Coca Cola is full of sugar. What that lady had was probably a symptom of diabetes. You can get dreadful health issues with it even if you are not diagnosed and most doctors allow a blood glucose level way above what our bodies need and can cope with

Yep my dog costs more than me to feed!
Yes need to see what she buys. Also dogs can have one meal a day and just fresh or cooked meat. Won't hurt them in fact better for them. Our little dog won't eat "dog food" or dog biscuits.

I make my cat's meals with raw meat. Add crushed eggshells for calcium. Enjoys a raw chicken leg for breakfast. I always buy the smallest ones. So much cheaper than canned/sachets/cat biscuits. Been doing it for 12 years.

I make my cat's meals with raw meat. Add crushed eggshells for calcium. Enjoys a raw chicken leg for breakfast. I always buy the smallest ones. So much cheaper than canned/sachets/cat biscuits. Been doing it for 12 years.
Great job. It is cheaper as they only eat what they need. The packaged stuff makes them eat more.

Reactions: Penny4
No problem with salt. If we don't have enough salt we die. Sugar is the key to all of the health issues today. Coca Cola is full of sugar. What that lady had was probably a symptom of diabetes. You can get dreadful health issues with it even if you are not diagnosed and most doctors allow a blood glucose level way above what our bodies need and can cope with
Her specialist advised that her health issues are directly linked to the amount of salt she consumes daily.
She is not diabetic. Too much salt can cause serious health issues Including, heart, stroke and fluid retention, everything in moderation.
There is a problem with salt.