Discover how this $6 product magically turned dirty shoes dazzling white

Looking good while feeling comfortable is one of the most satisfying combinations any of us can achieve, especially when it comes to our everyday shoes. But even our favourite pairs of shoes can’t last forever, and if not taken care of, they can deteriorate in quality over time.

The dirtier they get, the less presentable they appear, and unless you plan to buy a new pair, you're stuck trying to get the old ones looking as good as new again.

But don't despair just yet because there is still a clever way around this problem—and Carmen Strong, an organising and interior styling consultant, is here to save the day by showing us how!

Sharing her shoe-reviving tip on social media, Carmen demonstrated how she transformed her white shoes from dirt-covered to dazzlingly white with a $6 product that can be purchased from Coles or Woolworths.

Screen Shot 2023-07-14 at 2.17.06 PM.png
A woman found a budget-friendly solution to bring dirtied white shoes back to life. Credit: Instagram/littlestronghome.

The secret to Carmen's process is the Sard Wonder Stick Stain Remover. To use it, Carmen advises folks to 'Just grab a toothbrush and a Sard stain remover stick, give it a little scrub and watch your shoes go from old to new.'

To start the cleaning process, you need to dampen the toothbrush, and then, using the stain stick, rub the toothbrush over your shoes, and the dirt will start to disappear. Once you're satisfied with the cleaned area, use a microfibre cloth to wipe off any remaining product.

The simple technique has left Carmen's followers absolutely raving.

'I have the exact same shoes and was too scared to clean them; I'll be doing that now this weekend! Thank you!' one user commented.

'This looks great! Need this for my daughter's white shoes,' another went on to say.

'Omg, yes! I use this, and also a toothbrush and toothpaste works well, too,' added a third, and fourth joined, saying: 'I love Sard stick! I discovered it first when we were using cloth nappies, and it always gave a good clean compared to the spray.'

Don't worry; there is another way to freshen up those socks and slip-ons without forking out for the stain remover.

A mum recently discovered that the $2.15 Coles Ultra Stain Remover Plus Pre-Wash Trigger works wonders on her daughter's shoes, while a gym owner successfully cleans her sneakers with the Sard Wonder soap and a scoop of Vanish Gold Oxi Advanced Crystal White in her washing machine.

So when it comes to scrubbing up your shoes, you have options–and you can choose the solution that best suits your time, budget and shoe quality.

But before delving into any of these methods, remember to check the care instructions of the particular shoe type, and the fabric it's made from, as many are not washing machine friendly.

Key Takeaways

• An organising and interior styling consultant, Carmen Strong, has shared a quick solution to cleaning white shoes without a washing machine.
  • The secret to her method is a Sard Wonder Stick Stain Remover.
  • For the cleaning process, she used a toothbrush to apply the Sard stain stick to the dirty shoes and scrubbed off the dirt.
  • Strong's followers praised the method and shared their love for the Sard stick. Other options for shoe cleaning suggested included the $2.15 Coles Ultra Stain Remover and Pre-Wash Trigger and using Sard Wonder soap.

Members, don't toss out those worn-out shoes just yet! There's a chance you can clean them yourself and restore them to their former glory without breaking the bank. Do you have any other shoe-cleaning tips or tricks? Share them with us in the comments below. We can all benefit from your advice!

Sponsored
Looking good while feeling comfortable is one of the most satisfying combinations any of us can achieve, especially when it comes to our everyday shoes. But even our favourite pairs of shoes can’t last forever, and if not taken care of, they can deteriorate in quality over time.

The dirtier they get, the less presentable they appear, and unless you plan to buy a new pair, you're stuck trying to get the old ones looking as good as new again.

But don't despair just yet because there is still a clever way around this problem—and Carmen Strong, an organising and interior styling consultant, is here to save the day by showing us how!

Sharing her shoe-reviving tip on social media, Carmen demonstrated how she transformed her white shoes from dirt-covered to dazzlingly white with a $6 product that can be purchased from Coles or Woolworths.

View attachment 25147
A woman found a budget-friendly solution to bring dirtied white shoes back to life. Credit: Instagram/littlestronghome.

The secret to Carmen's process is the Sard Wonder Stick Stain Remover. To use it, Carmen advises folks to 'Just grab a toothbrush and a Sard stain remover stick, give it a little scrub and watch your shoes go from old to new.'

To start the cleaning process, you need to dampen the toothbrush, and then, using the stain stick, rub the toothbrush over your shoes, and the dirt will start to disappear. Once you're satisfied with the cleaned area, use a microfibre cloth to wipe off any remaining product.

The simple technique has left Carmen's followers absolutely raving.

'I have the exact same shoes and was too scared to clean them; I'll be doing that now this weekend! Thank you!' one user commented.

'This looks great! Need this for my daughter's white shoes,' another went on to say.

'Omg, yes! I use this, and also a toothbrush and toothpaste works well, too,' added a third, and fourth joined, saying: 'I love Sard stick! I discovered it first when we were using cloth nappies, and it always gave a good clean compared to the spray.'

Don't worry; there is another way to freshen up those socks and slip-ons without forking out for the stain remover.

A mum recently discovered that the $2.15 Coles Ultra Stain Remover Plus Pre-Wash Trigger works wonders on her daughter's shoes, while a gym owner successfully cleans her sneakers with the Sard Wonder soap and a scoop of Vanish Gold Oxi Advanced Crystal White in her washing machine.

So when it comes to scrubbing up your shoes, you have options–and you can choose the solution that best suits your time, budget and shoe quality.

But before delving into any of these methods, remember to check the care instructions of the particular shoe type, and the fabric it's made from, as many are not washing machine friendly.

Key Takeaways

• An organising and interior styling consultant, Carmen Strong, has shared a quick solution to cleaning white shoes without a washing machine.
  • The secret to her method is a Sard Wonder Stick Stain Remover.
  • For the cleaning process, she used a toothbrush to apply the Sard stain stick to the dirty shoes and scrubbed off the dirt.
  • Strong's followers praised the method and shared their love for the Sard stick. Other options for shoe cleaning suggested included the $2.15 Coles Ultra Stain Remover and Pre-Wash Trigger and using Sard Wonder soap.

Members, don't toss out those worn-out shoes just yet! There's a chance you can clean them yourself and restore them to their former glory without breaking the bank. Do you have any other shoe-cleaning tips or tricks? Share them with us in the comments below. We can all benefit from your advice!
Most shoes aren’t washing machine friendly, because they can damage your washing machine, manufacturers don’t recommend it. So the stick and stain removers can avoid doing that.

Back in the early 60s when white shoes were really popular, we used Solyptol antiseptic to take marks off white shoes. Applied with cotton wool, it was magic. Mind you, in those days, we went dancing at least twice a week. They were the days when men and women actually danced together and most men wore black leather shoes which they polished before going out. Every Friday and Saturday night we'd arrive home with black marks all over our white shoes. Unless of course we were lucky enough to find partners who didn't step all over our feet.

Most shoes aren’t washing machine friendly, because they can damage your washing machine, manufacturers don’t recommend it. So the stick and stain removers can avoid doing that.
Oh I agree that would be the norm.
However, these have been manufactured so they can be machine washed and I have done so without problems. Mind you, there may be a difference between machines with agitators vs front end washers like mine.