Differing reviews spark debate over $129 Kmart cleaning item's value

When it comes to shopping, Aussies know that Kmart is a treasure trove of affordable finds, from chic home decor to nifty gadgets.

The retail giant has carved out a niche by offering budget-friendly alternatives to high-end products, often stirring controversy among bargain hunters.

But as with any deal that seems too good to be true, there's always the lingering question: Is the quality up to scratch?

The latest product to spark debate among Kmart enthusiasts is the Cordless Stick Cleaner ($129), a gadget boasting touch-screen control, suction power, and a 2-in-1 crevice/brush nozzle.

It's touted as a budget-friendly rival to Dyson's $779 cordless stick vacuum, a comparison that has certainly raised eyebrows and piqued interest.

On social media, the opinions are as varied as the shoppers themselves.

1721011121604.png
Kmart shoppers were divided on the $129 Cordless Stick Cleaner, a Dyson alternative. Credit: Kmart

One user's query about the vacuum's worthiness unleashed a torrent of mixed reviews.

Some customers expressed disappointment, lamenting the vacuum's decline in performance over time.

'I had one, and it was great to start with but then not so good shortly after, and I threw it out after six months,' a buyer commented.

Others pointed out its limitations: ' It's not a fan at all. It's too heavy. The battery runs out fairly quickly if you have a larger house,’ another shared.

The grievances didn't stop there. One shopper revealed that their vacuum ceased working after a month, and another branded it 'absolutely rubbish,' especially on carpeted floors.

However, it's not all doom and gloom in Kmart vacuums. Amidst the criticism, a chorus of satisfied customers has emerged, singing praises for the Cordless Stick Cleaner.

'I have this one, and it has been going strong for over four years!' an enthusiastic shopper commented.

‘Had ours for about a month, and it's been great! Better than our other $400 stick vacuum,’ another echoed.

‘I’ve got this one. I’ve had it for two years, and it still works perfectly,’ someone else said.

‘I’ve got this vacuum. I've had it for a couple of years now, and it hasn’t caused me any issues. You need to make sure you maintain cleaning the machine properly,’ a fourth said.

Kmart's product page is a testament to the vacuum's appeal, with an impressive average rating of 4.7 stars from hundreds of five-star reviews.

Descriptors like 'easy to use,' 'very handy,' and 'great quality' pepper the feedback section, painting a picture of a product that delivers on its promises for many.

The conversation extends beyond different social media, with content creators also weighing in on the Kmart vs. Dyson debate.

User @amyfrancessavage shared her satisfaction with the vacuum, suggesting it as a viable alternative for those who can't splurge on a Dyson.

Meanwhile, @ellieandlife acknowledged the vacuum's charging and battery life drawbacks but rated it a solid 8/10 for its performance in a small home setting.

Similarly, a content creator and housekeeper recommended avoiding the broom, which can stir up dust and necessitate repeated surface cleaning.

Brooms are only suitable for some flooring types, particularly carpets. Read more about it here.
Key Takeaways

• Kmart shoppers are divided over the quality of the Cordless Stick Cleaner ($129), which is marketed as a cheaper alternative to a Dyson vacuum ($799).
  • Some customers expressed dissatisfaction, citing issues with suction, weight, and battery life, with one person discarding the product after six months of use.
  • However, other shoppers and content creators praised the vacuum, highlighting its value for money and effectiveness, with some using it successfully for years.
  • The product has received many positive reviews on Kmart’s product page, boasting an average rating of 4.7, and shoppers describe it as 'easy to use,' 'very handy,' and 'great quality.'
Have you had an experience with the Kmart Cordless Stick Cleaner or another budget-friendly appliance? We’d love to hear your thoughts and opinions in the comments below.

• Haha
Reactions: NotNats
Sponsored
Kmart's product page is a testament to the vacuum's appeal, with an impressive average rating of 4.7 stars from hundreds of five-star reviews.

This rating is erroneous. The independent website productreview.com.au gives it a rating of 2.7.

Never trust a manufacturer's or seller's website as a source of genuine and unbiased reviews.

Reactions: DLHM