Did your city make the cut? Paul McCartney unveils Australian tour locations!

The life and career of Paul McCartney is pretty much the definition of musical royalty. As one of the most beloved and popular artists of the 20th century, there’s no doubt the English singer-songwriter’s music has touched many generations—including your own, here at the SDC!

Now, there’s some exciting news for Aussie music lovers today because the legendary musician just announced that his Got Back tour will come to Australia this year.

In a thrilling announcement, the iconic artist revealed two regional cities alongside the usual major locations. Is yours on the list?

Legendary for his contributions alongside the famous Beatles, his stint with Wings, and his successful solo career, Sir Paul's profound popularity keeps on bridging generational gaps.

Kick-starting the tour at Adelaide on October 18th—a significant location where the Beatles first made history back in 1964 during their maiden visit to Australia—Sir Paul's performances are bound to be as rich and full as the memories of that historic debut.

paul1.jpeg
The English singer-songwriter will kick off his tour in Adelaide. Credit: Shutterstock

Consider this: around 350,000 Australians thronged along the airport to Town Hall stretch just for a chance to see the Beatles. Yes, mates, Beatlemania was real, and guess what? It still is!

The tour proceeds to Melbourne on October 21, reaching the first-timers, followed by Newcastle on October 24.

Sydney gets its share of melodies on October 27, while Brisbane sets the stage on November 1 and Gold Coast on November 4.

This return comes four years after Sir Paul's remarkable, award-winning 2017 tour.

But why the regional cities, you ask?

paul2.jpeg
The tour will include first visits to Newcastle and Gold Coast. Credit: Shutterstock

Dion Brant, CEO of Frontier Touring, mentioned that Sir Paul wanted at least a few different places compared to his earlier tour in 2017.

‘We saw when Elton [John] came just how Newcastle embraced the show and embraced Elton and his team,’ he said.

‘We were super excited to suggest the [regional locations] to Paul, and we're really excited that he's agreed to do it.’

Expressions of regret from attendees who missed the 2017 performance reset the company's wheels in motion to plan Paul's return, and surely enough, despite the busy schedule of the legendary musician, the Australian stages are set again to host him.

‘People were blown away, and there was so much regret from people who didn't go, back in 2017,’ Mr Brant shared.

‘To be honest, we started conversations then about coming back the following summer… and then Paul got quite busy. And you know, it's Paul McCartney… so you take the time frame you can get,’ he continued.

So, what's in store for the audience?

An abundance of entrancing performances! As witnessed in the US last year, Sir Paul set the stage on fire for almost three hours, ruling hearts and senses with his timeless music. The magic of an eclectic mix of Beatles, Wings, and solo songs that each manage to hold their own is just something that you don’t want to miss.

A cherry on top of this musical cake is an improbable duet with the late John Lennon through the power of modern technology.

We hear tickets range from an affordable $80 to $400, with VIP packages available as well.
Key Takeaways
  • Legendary musician Paul McCartney announced his Got Back tour, which will include Australian cities including Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, and for the first time, Newcastle and the Gold Coast.
  • The shows will kick off in Adelaide on October 18, marking McCartney's first time in Australia since his award-winning tour in 2017.
  • The tour will also feature a modern, technologically enabled duet with the late Beatles member John Lennon.
  • Tickets for the tour start around $80, with VIP packages available.
Are you a fan of Sir Paul McCartney? What’s your favourite Beatles song? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
I grew up in England and was at primary school when the Beatles first arrived. At the time we thought the Beatles was such a funny name for a group. My favourite song would have to be Can't buy me love but I think we just loved them all.

Reactions: Suzanne rose
The life and career of Paul McCartney is pretty much the definition of musical royalty. As one of the most beloved and popular artists of the 20th century, there’s no doubt the English singer-songwriter’s music has touched many generations—including your own, here at the SDC!

Now, there’s some exciting news for Aussie music lovers today because the legendary musician just announced that his Got Back tour will come to Australia this year.

In a thrilling announcement, the iconic artist revealed two regional cities alongside the usual major locations. Is yours on the list?

Legendary for his contributions alongside the famous Beatles, his stint with Wings, and his successful solo career, Sir Paul's profound popularity keeps on bridging generational gaps.

Kick-starting the tour at Adelaide on October 18th—a significant location where the Beatles first made history back in 1964 during their maiden visit to Australia—Sir Paul's performances are bound to be as rich and full as the memories of that historic debut.

View attachment 26460
The English singer-songwriter will kick off his tour in Adelaide. Credit: Shutterstock

Consider this: around 350,000 Australians thronged along the airport to Town Hall stretch just for a chance to see the Beatles. Yes, mates, Beatlemania was real, and guess what? It still is!

The tour proceeds to Melbourne on October 21, reaching the first-timers, followed by Newcastle on October 24.

Sydney gets its share of melodies on October 27, while Brisbane sets the stage on November 1 and Gold Coast on November 4.

This return comes four years after Sir Paul's remarkable, award-winning 2017 tour.

View attachment 26461
The tour will include first visits to Newcastle and Gold Coast. Credit: Shutterstock

Dion Brant, CEO of Frontier Touring, mentioned that Sir Paul wanted at least a few different places compared to his earlier tour in 2017.

‘We saw when Elton [John] came just how Newcastle embraced the show and embraced Elton and his team,’ he said.

‘We were super excited to suggest the [regional locations] to Paul, and we're really excited that he's agreed to do it.’

Expressions of regret from attendees who missed the 2017 performance reset the company's wheels in motion to plan Paul's return, and surely enough, despite the busy schedule of the legendary musician, the Australian stages are set again to host him.

‘People were blown away, and there was so much regret from people who didn't go, back in 2017,’ Mr Brant shared.

‘To be honest, we started conversations then about coming back the following summer… and then Paul got quite busy. And you know, it's Paul McCartney… so you take the time frame you can get,’ he continued.

An abundance of entrancing performances! As witnessed in the US last year, Sir Paul set the stage on fire for almost three hours, ruling hearts and senses with his timeless music. The magic of an eclectic mix of Beatles, Wings, and solo songs that each manage to hold their own is just something that you don’t want to miss.

A cherry on top of this musical cake is an improbable duet with the late John Lennon through the power of modern technology.

We hear tickets range from an affordable $80 to $400, with VIP packages available as well.
Key Takeaways

• Legendary musician Paul McCartney announced his Got Back tour, which will include Australian cities including Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, and for the first time, Newcastle and the Gold Coast.
  • The shows will kick off in Adelaide on October 18, marking McCartney's first time in Australia since his award-winning tour in 2017.
  • The tour will also feature a modern, technologically enabled duet with the late Beatles member John Lennon.
Are you a fan of Sir Paul McCartney? What’s your favourite Beatles song? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!
HELP

I lived in the UK (Lancashire Lass) until 1969 and actually saw the Beatles live in Liverpool (around 1963, could have been before that) I went with a friend who's mother would only let her attend if I went with her as I was sensible (I think she was worried she might throw herself over the balcony at them). LOL I actually didn't like the Beatles very much at that time but have always liked Paul. I am hoping I can attend in Newcastle in October.

I love Paul McCartney but his voice sounds like his age”old” wouldn’t pay good money for him🙀
Totally agree, I have always liked Paul but don’t think I will go to his concert as he is starting to sound like an old man singing, which he is of course.

Reactions: Littleboy8
So sad that Paul McCartney won't be coming to Perth. Unfortunately the cost of tickets, travel interstate and accommodation is prohibitive.

I grew up listening to the Beatles. If they were all still alive and came to Newcastle to do a show, I would walk on broken glass to get to that gig.
Just Paul...well, not sure. I feel he has always been an amazing song writer, but I don't think I will be trying to find the cost of a ticket to see him perform.
That's OK. I didn't want to line up anyhow.

View attachment 26460

View attachment 26461

Key Takeaways

WHY on earth celebrities and organisers rarely give even a passing thought to us in Western Australia stymies me! We are here; we are real; and we are fans, too-- in fact, lots of us were applauding loudly when Paul first came in 1964!! SHAME. Perth would turn on a fantastic show for him.

Yep my birthday is the 29th October and my kids already told me my birthday present is sorted.

Doesn't matter if his voice has gone a bit I will still go.

My favourite Beatles song maybe Hey Jude but to be honest there are heaps I love

Yep my birthday is the 29th October and my kids already told me my birthday present is sorted.

Doesn't matter if his voice has gone a bit I will still go.

My favourite Beatles song maybe Hey Jude but to be honest there are heaps I love
Enjoy yourself and happy 🎁👍

I’m just contemplating to get tickets for Paul McCartney’s concert in November , my son and daughter in law went in 2017 and said his concert was really good. He is a good singer and guitarist and above all he is a family man.

WHY on earth celebrities and organisers rarely give even a passing thought to us in Western Australia stymies me! We are here; we are real; and we are fans, too-- in fact, lots of us were applauding loudly when Paul first came in 1964!! SHAME. Perth would turn on a fantastic show for him.
it's the WA government, Spent too much getting COLDPLAY as an exclusive. Shame on the WA goernment.

Reactions: mylittletibbies
I went to the Rod Stewart concert earlier this year , he was amazing and of course his voice is a little tired but he had back up singers who helped a lot .
I'm sure Paul McCartney will be the same .

I'm so excited 💕💕💕

View attachment 26460

View attachment 26461

Key Takeaways

Too many to mention

View attachment 26460

View attachment 26461

Key Takeaways

Yes would love to see Paul. My favorite song is The Long and Winding Road as it fits a aspect of my life. The cost in Brisane though I can not afford unless I want to have a car park seat. Anywhere near the stage I would need a personal loan. The Rolling Stones were cheaper.