Did Queen Elizabeth II plan to pass away in Scotland? Here’s what the late monarch’s friend revealed

As the world mourns the passing of one of its most iconic figures, Queen Elizabeth II, there is one word that keeps being brought up again and again: duty.

There is no doubt that Her Majesty was unflinching in her commitment to duty throughout her entire life. She gave a well-known speech from South Africa when she was a young princess of 21-years-old, swearing: 'My whole life whether it be long or short shall be devoted to your service.'

And she stuck to that promise until the end, no matter how tedious the job probably was.

Now, a friend of the late monarch has made a truly stunning claim: That 96-year-old essentially planned her death in one final extraordinary act of duty.

On September 8, Her Majesty passed away at the 20,000-hectare Balmoral estate in Scotland.

For decades now, arrangements for her death have been set out in what anyone who has passed a live TV screen last month know as Operation London Bridge.

LQSv5pzUNQb1UVYN1CFkp4wJ_a4qY3ag63I7K3ExuS8Z9Oy9K8cLh80_2OSqMsAzzQk8RrwBHFxB_Aw_0F9wZr1-_X29kjFskqXa_eK4xlzaNks7Idx_2L1GYdJyqqsMBo5HpoaN0esPktpSdVRd4cfaAfJg4suQ1HmpyFeMCyltIvcjUGNUaG_A

Some royal experts are speculating that the Queen’s place of death may have been her final bid to strengthen Scotland’s ties with the UK. Credit: Dominic Lipinski – WPA Pool/Getty Images.

Additionally, there was another protocol, dubbed Operation Unicorn, that dealt with logistics in the event that she passed away while still in Scotland.

Now consider this – in recent years there has been an increasingly robust Scottish independence movement gathering some steam.

The Queen herself came the closest to political interference in 2014 before the nation went to the polls on the independence question when she said: 'Well, I hope people will think very carefully about the future.'

Former British Prime Minister David Cameron admitted in 2019 that after he called the monarch to inform her that Scotland had chosen to stay in the union, Her Majesty had 'purred down the line' and then quickly apologised for the admission.

Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon started pushing for another referendum earlier this year.

All of which takes us to a radical new hypothesis: What if the Queen's dedication to maintaining the unity of Great Britain included carefully selecting the location of her final days?

A close friend of Her Majesty claimed in an interview with the Daily Beast that she chose to pass away in Scotland in order to 'save the union'.

'She was frail and there was an argument that she should be back in Windsor where it is significantly easier to get hospital treatment,' Her Late Majesty's friend said.

'Of course she had access to medics at Balmoral, but nothing like at Windsor. Balmoral is very isolated, but that is where she wanted to be, precisely because she thought the end might be near. She planned to die in Scotland to save the union.'

This would make great sense on one level. The guiding principles of Her Majesty's seven-decade reign were her commitment and a sense of unshakeable duty.

cIak2vEBW__pP9Kq7khtCopbkh5YbuexuYKjax86PfYd_C0urKkB37web5q9N8yvpQbduTMWC4XXf2pu2h9pn58oZbHGiEJCn05Oot_y9JkaW3xK4U3YvoCbzE6a9WQPwUpk_DV0fLqie4anhZA60jFwd9NkxcCnJqp_FEV14fTjYAHeBIXbVbfI

The Queen was admired by many for her sense of duty. Credit: Jane Barlow – WPA Pool/Getty Images.

In addition to that, the Queen was a strong leader who mastered the art of soft power, as seen by her visit to Ghana in 1961, when Cold War rivals competed to court the country.

'She loves her duty and means to be a Queen and not a puppet,' the then-Prime Minister Harold Macmillan wrote in his journal, commenting about the late monarch's diplomatic work with the African country.

However, this is a very spectacular assertion. She may have simply chosen to spend her last days at Balmoral because she genuinely loved the location and the seclusion and peace it provided.

Princess Eugenie even claimed that the enormous estate was where 'Granny is the most happy,' and it was where she spent a lengthy summer vacation each year.

But regardless of whether the place of her passing was planned as a last-ditch diplomatic ploy, it unmistakably affected the Scots.

Even though just 45 per cent of voters said they favour the monarchy, the Scots responded to September 8 with an extraordinary outpouring of sadness.

Thousands of mourners lined the route as her remains travelled six hours by funeral procession from Balmoral to Edinburgh.

Following that, a line of approximately 33,000 people formed to pay their respects for the 24 hours that her casket laid in state in St. Giles' Cathedral.

Since Her Majesty's passing one month ago, there has appeared to be a shift in favour of keeping the Union.

'The fact that [the Queen's death] has occurred here deepens the connection to Balmoral,' said James Mitchell, Professor of Public Policy at Edinburgh University.

'I am very sure it's not helping the [pro-independence] Scottish National Party.'

It's truly amazing to think that Her Majesty might have, right up to the very last, remained so utterly dedicated to the position that was thrust upon her at the age of 25, that she even wished to use her passing to strengthen the United Kingdom.

For 70 years, Queen Elizabeth II had been a symbol of duty, service, and commitment. She was a role model for us all, and her sense of duty had made her a figure that was admired by many.

The Queen has always put her duty to her country and her people first. Even when she was faced with personal tragedy, she remained stoic and focused on her responsibilities. She had always been a reliable and steady presence, and her dedication to her role had inspired many people.

Sponsored
Even in old age she had strength and determination. Losing her husband paid a hard toll on her.
But I cant help but think there is more to her passing.
Yes she looked frail 24 hours before passing when she signed in the new prime minister but she didn't look like she was at deaths door.

She was always in control so maybe she was in control of her own death.

If you die of old age and nothing else you just go in your sleep .

Charles and Anne were by her side. The two who could keep a secret.

So could it have been that she decided it was time to go with help from her doctor ( euthanasia)

As the world mourns the passing of one of its most iconic figures, Queen Elizabeth II, there is one word that keeps being brought up again and again: duty.

There is no doubt that Her Majesty was unflinching in her commitment to duty throughout her entire life. She gave a well-known speech from South Africa when she was a young princess of 21-years-old, swearing: 'My whole life whether it be long or short shall be devoted to your service.'

And she stuck to that promise until the end, no matter how tedious the job probably was.

Now, a friend of the late monarch has made a truly stunning claim: That 96-year-old essentially planned her death in one final extraordinary act of duty.

On September 8, Her Majesty passed away at the 20,000-hectare Balmoral estate in Scotland.

For decades now, arrangements for her death have been set out in what anyone who has passed a live TV screen last month know as Operation London Bridge.

LQSv5pzUNQb1UVYN1CFkp4wJ_a4qY3ag63I7K3ExuS8Z9Oy9K8cLh80_2OSqMsAzzQk8RrwBHFxB_Aw_0F9wZr1-_X29kjFskqXa_eK4xlzaNks7Idx_2L1GYdJyqqsMBo5HpoaN0esPktpSdVRd4cfaAfJg4suQ1HmpyFeMCyltIvcjUGNUaG_A

Some royal experts are speculating that the Queen’s place of death may have been her final bid to strengthen Scotland’s ties with the UK. Credit: Dominic Lipinski – WPA Pool/Getty Images.

Additionally, there was another protocol, dubbed Operation Unicorn, that dealt with logistics in the event that she passed away while still in Scotland.

Now consider this – in recent years there has been an increasingly robust Scottish independence movement gathering some steam.

The Queen herself came the closest to political interference in 2014 before the nation went to the polls on the independence question when she said: 'Well, I hope people will think very carefully about the future.'

Former British Prime Minister David Cameron admitted in 2019 that after he called the monarch to inform her that Scotland had chosen to stay in the union, Her Majesty had 'purred down the line' and then quickly apologised for the admission.

Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon started pushing for another referendum earlier this year.

All of which takes us to a radical new hypothesis: What if the Queen's dedication to maintaining the unity of Great Britain included carefully selecting the location of her final days?

A close friend of Her Majesty claimed in an interview with the Daily Beast that she chose to pass away in Scotland in order to 'save the union'.

'She was frail and there was an argument that she should be back in Windsor where it is significantly easier to get hospital treatment,' Her Late Majesty's friend said.

'Of course she had access to medics at Balmoral, but nothing like at Windsor. Balmoral is very isolated, but that is where she wanted to be, precisely because she thought the end might be near. She planned to die in Scotland to save the union.'

This would make great sense on one level. The guiding principles of Her Majesty's seven-decade reign were her commitment and a sense of unshakeable duty.

cIak2vEBW__pP9Kq7khtCopbkh5YbuexuYKjax86PfYd_C0urKkB37web5q9N8yvpQbduTMWC4XXf2pu2h9pn58oZbHGiEJCn05Oot_y9JkaW3xK4U3YvoCbzE6a9WQPwUpk_DV0fLqie4anhZA60jFwd9NkxcCnJqp_FEV14fTjYAHeBIXbVbfI

The Queen was admired by many for her sense of duty. Credit: Jane Barlow – WPA Pool/Getty Images.

In addition to that, the Queen was a strong leader who mastered the art of soft power, as seen by her visit to Ghana in 1961, when Cold War rivals competed to court the country.

'She loves her duty and means to be a Queen and not a puppet,' the then-Prime Minister Harold Macmillan wrote in his journal, commenting about the late monarch's diplomatic work with the African country.

However, this is a very spectacular assertion. She may have simply chosen to spend her last days at Balmoral because she genuinely loved the location and the seclusion and peace it provided.

Princess Eugenie even claimed that the enormous estate was where 'Granny is the most happy,' and it was where she spent a lengthy summer vacation each year.

But regardless of whether the place of her passing was planned as a last-ditch diplomatic ploy, it unmistakably affected the Scots.

Even though just 45 per cent of voters said they favour the monarchy, the Scots responded to September 8 with an extraordinary outpouring of sadness.

Thousands of mourners lined the route as her remains travelled six hours by funeral procession from Balmoral to Edinburgh.

Following that, a line of approximately 33,000 people formed to pay their respects for the 24 hours that her casket laid in state in St. Giles' Cathedral.

Since Her Majesty's passing one month ago, there has appeared to be a shift in favour of keeping the Union.

'The fact that [the Queen's death] has occurred here deepens the connection to Balmoral,' said James Mitchell, Professor of Public Policy at Edinburgh University.

'I am very sure it's not helping the [pro-independence] Scottish National Party.'

It's truly amazing to think that Her Majesty might have, right up to the very last, remained so utterly dedicated to the position that was thrust upon her at the age of 25, that she even wished to use her passing to strengthen the United Kingdom.

For 70 years, Queen Elizabeth II had been a symbol of duty, service, and commitment. She was a role model for us all, and her sense of duty had made her a figure that was admired by many.

The Queen has always put her duty to her country and her people first. Even when she was faced with personal tragedy, she remained stoic and focused on her responsibilities. She had always been a reliable and steady presence, and her dedication to her role had inspired many people.
There is always "a friend" who knows the inside story but I think the Queen stayed at Balmoral because she genuinely loves it.

Even in old age she had strength and determination. Losing her husband paid a hard toll on her.
Yes she looked frail 24 hours before passing when she signed in the new prime minister but she didn't look like she was at deaths door.

So could it have been that she decided it was time to go with help from her doctor ( euthanasia)
I think you misunderstand the Queens commitment to her position if you think she considered euthanasia

I’m sure I

Reactions: Ricci
I’m sure I
As I started to say 🤪 I’m sure I wouldn’t be ‘Robinson Crusoe’ in suggesting that I wish the Queen was still with us! Even a month later, it’s still hard to believe she’s no longer with us. If it was still appropriate, I’d still be happy to say: “Long live the Queen!”, but now it is more suitable to propose: “Long live the Queen’s memory!” What an amazing lady she was, and a wonderful example to all of us. The King has huge boots to fill. I wish him well in his new role.

As I started to say 🤪 I’m sure I wouldn’t be ‘Robinson Crusoe’ in suggesting that I wish the Queen was still with us! Even a month later, it’s still hard to believe she’s no longer with us. If it was still appropriate, I’d still be happy to say: “Long live the Queen!”, but now it is more suitable to propose: “Long live the Queen’s memory!” What an amazing lady she was, and a wonderful example to all of us. The King has huge boots to fill. I wish him well in his new role.
She was truly amazing I don’t think anyone will ever be able to fill her shoes.. !

I think you misunderstand the Queens commitment to her position if you think she considered euthanasia
She knew her time was coming and she had to hand it over to Charles.
They said she couldn't get over the death of her husband and this you saw in her Xmas message last year.

I havent misunderstood her commitment far from it.
She did her job right to the end, but she was frail, she was tired and I beleive she wanted to be with her husband and maybe she didn't want to be The King mum and see Charles rule.
Otherwise I think she would have abdicated when she saw she could no longer do her duties which we saw all of this year including her jubilee.

Very sound argument indeed. How could a person who was otherwise fairly robust when she saw the new P.M. fall away so quickly. What caused the bruising on the back of her right hand & why did she make no attempt to hide this from the camera when receiving the new P.M.? Perhaps this will remain with God & those close to H.R.H. forever?

Very sound argument indeed. How could a person who was otherwise fairly robust when she saw the new P.M. fall away so quickly. What caused the bruising on the back of her right hand & why did she make no attempt to hide this from the camera when receiving the new P.M.? Perhaps this will remain with God & those close to H.R.H. forever?
I actually thought she always wore gloves !

Reactions: Ezzy and Ricci
Apparently Prime Minister Thatcher gave the Queen rubber gloves as a Christmas present, after watching Her Majesty wash dishes at Balmoral without a pair.

Years later, former Prime Minister Tony Blair commented that the Queen washes dishes "You think I’m joking, but I’m not. They put the gloves on and stick their hands in the sink. The Queen asks if you’ve finished, she stacks the plates up and goes off to the sink."

He stated The Royals, they're just like us!

Apparently Prime Minister Thatcher gave the Queen rubber gloves as a Christmas present, after watching Her Majesty wash dishes at Balmoral without a pair.

Years later, former Prime Minister Tony Blair commented that the Queen washes dishes "You think I’m joking, but I’m not. They put the gloves on and stick their hands in the sink. The Queen asks if you’ve finished, she stacks the plates up and goes off to the sink."

He stated The Royals, they're just like us!
Yes. I always thought this was so. Sort of protocol perhaps?

Interesting fact about Margaret Thatcher & Tony Blair is correct. I guess people do forget that in spite of their title & the position they hold they are no different to you & me.

Reactions: Ricci

I think the Queen was a wonderful person and certainly carried out the promise she made at the age of 25. It was great that she made her Jubilee celebrations and I really thought that she missed Prince Phillip terribly. It was time to go! It will certainly be interesting to see how King Charles 111 handles the monarchy!