Dermatologist with 25 years of experience shares 7 of her amazing beauty secrets

Disclaimer: This article cannot be considered as medical advice. Remember to consult with your dermatologist first before starting any beauty regimen.

If you're of a certain age, you might have spent plenty of money over the years on expensive beauty products that promised stunning results but delivered very little.

But rather than spend hundreds of dollars each month searching for the perfect creams and serums, why not take a leaf out of the book of board-certified dermatologist Dr Azadeh Shirazi?

She has twenty-five years of medical experience, is an expert in medical, surgical, and cosmetic dermatology, and has some beauty secrets to share.

Drawing from her vast pool of knowledge, which includes a fellowship from Harvard Medical School's Wellman Center, Dr Shirazi recently unboxed her treasure trove of beauty tips in a video posted on social media.

The first one is a quick remedy for healing cracked lips.

SDC 7.png
A dermatologist of 25 years has shared her beauty tips on social media. Image source: TikTok.

'Apply a lactic acid cream, like AmLactin, to dry, chapped lips, followed by Aquaphor overnight, and you'll wake up with smoother, more hydrated lips,' the doctor said.

Lactic acid, when used on the skin, can work wonders, according to Colorado Skin Care.

Plus, this alpha hydroxyl acid can hasten both cell turnover and renewal and can showcase its anti-aging properties if used regularly.

The journey towards thicker and luscious eyebrows has led her to the next suggestion.

'Use a spoolie dipped in Rogaine and brush your eyebrows with it three to five times a week for fuller, thicker brows in three months,' she said.

For women who are wondering about the safety of using men's Rogaine, Dr Shirazi reassured it's fine, but to only use it thrice a week.

According to the Cleveland Clinic, Rogaine or Minoxidil is a medication known for enhancing hair growth. While typically applied on the scalp, it can be used on eyebrows, too.

However, she warned her followers never to use Rogaine on lashes, recommending Latisse, an eyelash serum, for longer lashes.

In her third tip, she revealed a clever trick to keep sunglasses from sliding down the nose or spoiling your makeup.

'Apply a loose powder to the nose pads of your sunglasses to avoid them from ruining your makeup and sliding down your nose,' the doctor suggested.

You can watch her video below:

Source: TikTok/@skinbydrazi.

Dr Shirazi has also shared more unconventional beauty hacks, one of which instantly stops redness.

'Applying Afrin to red pimples or rosy cheeks in Rosacea makes them less noticeable by taking out the red (temporarily),' she explained.

'Afrin is oxymetazoline, a vasoconstrictor meaning it temporarily reduces broken capillaries on the skin's surface, making redness associated with Rosacea, flushing/blushing, or red pimples less noticeable.'

Her next suggestion was to use diluted white vinegar soaks to treat nail and skin fungus.

The dermatologist also shared valuable tips on using retinoids.

'Many people give up on using retinoids, the most effective anti-aging ingredient, all due to irritation and side effects,' she acknowledged.

'That's because they are using it the wrong way. Over the last 15 years, I've developed a method called Retinol Staging™ that's really helped my patients.

'You cleanse & moisturise early in the evening (5-8 pm). Then wait until bedtime (9-11 pm) to apply your Retinol on its own. This maximises skin hydration & strengthens your skin barrier to better receive strong actives like Retinol or tretinoin (prescription Retin-a).

'Furthermore, this technique doesn't reduce the efficacy or absorption of the retinol like the retinol sandwich method or skin cycling. It actually enhances the effects of your skincare actives while also reducing potential side effects.'

Last but certainly not least, Dr Shirazi advised using medicated pads with glycolic and salicylic acids on the armpits to tackle body odour and lighten dark underarms.

Her personal favourite is her brand's Clarify Pads, which are used thrice a week.

'It comes with 60 pads, and the formula is gentle enough for the delicate underarms.'

Many users expressed their appreciation for the seemingly easy suggestions, with one saying: 'Awesome, especially the glasses hack.'

'Those are good tips!' another commented.

'Oh, I love the sunglass hack,' a third replied. 'Can’t wait to try it.'

'I use the minoxidil to regrow my eyebrows after I had cancer, took about 4 weeks but it worked great,' one shared.

'Then I dyed them with men's beard dye,' they added.
Key Takeaways
  • Dr Azadeh Shirazi, a board-certified dermatologist with 25 years of medical training, has shared here seven beauty hacks.
  • She recommends using a lactic acid balm on dry, chapped lips at night for smoother and hydrated lips in the morning.
  • For thicker and lusher eyebrows, Dr Shirazi advises using a spoolie dipped in Rogaine and brushing the eyebrows three to five times a week.
  • Among her other tips are using loose powder on the inside of sunglasses to prevent sliding, and applying oxymetazoline to red pimples or rosy cheeks to temporarily reduce redness.
Members, what are your thoughts on this doctor’s tips? Let us know in the comments below!

Reactions: Littleboy8
Sponsored
Disclaimer: This article cannot be considered as medical advice. Remember to consult with your dermatologist first before starting any beauty regimen.

If you're of a certain age, you might have spent plenty of money over the years on expensive beauty products that promised stunning results but delivered very little.

But rather than spend hundreds of dollars each month searching for the perfect creams and serums, why not take a leaf out of the book of board-certified dermatologist Dr Azadeh Shirazi?

She has twenty-five years of medical experience, is an expert in medical, surgical, and cosmetic dermatology, and has some beauty secrets to share.

Drawing from her vast pool of knowledge, which includes a fellowship from Harvard Medical School's Wellman Center, Dr Shirazi recently unboxed her treasure trove of beauty tips in a video posted on social media.

View attachment 33843
A dermatologist of 25 years has shared her beauty tips on social media. Image source: TikTok.

'Apply a lactic acid cream, like AmLactin, to dry, chapped lips, followed by Aquaphor overnight, and you'll wake up with smoother, more hydrated lips,' the doctor said.

Lactic acid, when used on the skin, can work wonders, according to Colorado Skin Care.

Plus, this alpha hydroxyl acid can hasten both cell turnover and renewal and can showcase its anti-aging properties if used regularly.

The journey towards thicker and luscious eyebrows has led her to the next suggestion.

'Use a spoolie dipped in Rogaine and brush your eyebrows with it three to five times a week for fuller, thicker brows in three months,' she said.

For women who are wondering about the safety of using men's Rogaine, Dr Shirazi reassured it's fine, but to only use it thrice a week.

According to the Cleveland Clinic, Rogaine or Minoxidil is a medication known for enhancing hair growth. While typically applied on the scalp, it can be used on eyebrows, too.

However, she warned her followers never to use Rogaine on lashes, recommending Latisse, an eyelash serum, for longer lashes.

In her third tip, she revealed a clever trick to keep sunglasses from sliding down the nose or spoiling your makeup.

'Apply a loose powder to the nose pads of your sunglasses to avoid them from ruining your makeup and sliding down your nose,' the doctor suggested.

Dr Shirazi has also shared more unconventional beauty hacks, one of which instantly stops redness.

'Applying Afrin to red pimples or rosy cheeks in Rosacea makes them less noticeable by taking out the red (temporarily),' she explained.

'Afrin is oxymetazoline, a vasoconstrictor meaning it temporarily reduces broken capillaries on the skin's surface, making redness associated with Rosacea, flushing/blushing, or red pimples less noticeable.'

Her next suggestion was to use diluted white vinegar soaks to treat nail and skin fungus.

'Many people give up on using retinoids, the most effective anti-aging ingredient, all due to irritation and side effects,' she acknowledged.

'That's because they are using it the wrong way. Over the last 15 years, I've developed a method called Retinol Staging™ that's really helped my patients.

'You cleanse & moisturise early in the evening (5-8 pm). Then wait until bedtime (9-11 pm) to apply your Retinol on its own. This maximises skin hydration & strengthens your skin barrier to better receive strong actives like Retinol or tretinoin (prescription Retin-a).

'Furthermore, this technique doesn't reduce the efficacy or absorption of the retinol like the retinol sandwich method or skin cycling. It actually enhances the effects of your skincare actives while also reducing potential side effects.'

Last but certainly not least, Dr Shirazi advised using medicated pads with glycolic and salicylic acids on the armpits to tackle body odour and lighten dark underarms.

Her personal favourite is her brand's Clarify Pads, which are used thrice a week.

'It comes with 60 pads, and the formula is gentle enough for the delicate underarms.'

Many users expressed their appreciation for the seemingly easy suggestions, with one saying: 'Awesome, especially the glasses hack.'

'I use the minoxidil to regrow my eyebrows after I had cancer, took about 4 weeks but it worked great,' one shared.

Key Takeaways

• Dr Azadeh Shirazi, a board-certified dermatologist with 25 years of medical training, has shared here seven beauty hacks.
  • She recommends using a lactic acid balm on dry, chapped lips at night for smoother and hydrated lips in the morning.
  • For thicker and lusher eyebrows, Dr Shirazi advises using a spoolie dipped in Rogaine and brushing the eyebrows three to five times a week.
  • Among her other tips are using loose powder on the inside of sunglasses to prevent sliding, and applying oxymetazoline to red pimples or rosy cheeks to temporarily reduce redness.
Members, what are your thoughts on this doctor’s tips? Let us know in the comments below!

Sounds good but what is the cost of these items?

View attachment 33843

Key Takeaways

No thanks I’m happy as I am😁i wonder if it’s any good to thicken pubic hairs🤔

• Haha
Reactions: janj and Observer

View attachment 33843

Key Takeaways

I will stick to 1 tablet daily of triple strength Hyaluronic acid

View attachment 33843

Key Takeaways

I have a recurring 'pimple' on my nose, it seems to have an outer ring and you can usually squeeze out a little pus or face cream each day. I have tried underarm deodorant, vinegar, and other things but nothing works at getting rid of this blemish. Any ideas for me?

I have a recurring 'pimple' on my nose, it seems to have an outer ring and you can usually squeeze out a little pus or face cream each day. I have tried underarm deodorant, vinegar, and other things but nothing works at getting rid of this blemish. Any ideas for me?
Cut your nose off 🤣problem solved. Seriously, stop squeezing it I had one once and got a sterilised needle and popped it.wipe it with diluted lemon juice or witch hazel often it’ll kill bacteria.mine never came back.👍good luck

Last edited: