Dentist reveals shocking truth about sipping water that may damage your teeth!

Most of us think drinking water is one of the easiest and most natural ways to look after our health.

But it turns out drinking water excessively can do more harm than good to your dental health.

A renowned dentist warned people that doing this habit could silently damage your teeth.

In her recent video online, dentist Dr Ellie Phillips revealed why sipping on water throughout the day could be bad for your teeth and how it could even ruin your gums.

‘Sipping water throughout the day? Rethink this practice,’ she captioned her video.

photo.jpg
Dr Ellie Phillips said sipping water throughout the day can harm teeth. Credit: @drelliephillips / TikTok

She said in her video, ‘This is why sipping on water all throughout the day is not good for your teeth. And this applies to all liquids.'

‘The spit or the saliva that comes into your mouth is the mouth's most healing liquid,’ she added.

'It can help heal your teeth because it's full of all the minerals that your teeth need, and there are also cells and immune cells and proteins that are necessary for gum healing.'

Dr Ellie said you must give your teeth and gums time to interact with the saliva if you want a healthy mouth.

She added that if you continuously sip water, you’re ‘diluting’ your saliva, stripping off the proteins.

‘This is why people who sip liquids all day have sensitive teeth, gum recession, cracked enamel, their teeth are weak, they break, they think they need night guards and retainers,' Dr Ellie said.

‘What they need is to give their own saliva time, adequate time to interact with their teeth and gums.’

According to Dr Ellie, those who breathe through their mouths should try to close them during the daytime.

‘If you can, close your mouth and lick your teeth, if your front teeth feel dry and allow your own healing liquid in your mouth, it's free, you don't have to go anywhere and buy it,' she said.

'You don't have to have dental insurance, just give your mouth time to interact with the saliva that's coming into your mouth.’

To boost your saliva, Dr Ellie revealed several ways.

‘Now, you can make that saliva more healing by what you eat and what you drink,' she said.

'You want to drink enough, so drink at meal times, or some other time, but drink more at more limited times during the day and then have an interval between eating and drinking before you do that again,’ she added.

'Leave your saliva to interact undiluted with your gums and your teeth.'

Her video gained around 10,000 views, and online users praised the US-based dentist for her tips.

One commented, ‘Thank you! I think after I eat, I will use xylitol mints and not eat or drink for an hour. That feels best for me. I know it's different for everyone.’

Xylitol is a ‘sugar alcohol’ known to be good for oral health as a bacteria known to cause tooth decay—Streptococcus mutans—cannot ingest it the same way it can other sugars.

‘Guilty,’ said another.

Another said, ‘The xylitol has changed my mouth. I used to brush, floss, water pick. Still was getting cavities and so much plaque—none since using the xylitol drops.’

You can watch her video below:

Dr Ellie also recently shared another video online explaining how toothbrushes quickly get dirt and mould. She explained that toothbrushes are overlooked as a place where mould can develop, especially when they’re close to a toilet. She advised her viewers to ‘dry your toothbrush for 24 hours’.

Key Takeaways
  • Dentist Dr Ellie Phillips has warned against sipping water throughout the day as it can damage teeth.
  • The dentist explained in her video on social media that continuously sipping on water can 'dilute' saliva.
  • Dr Ellie also encouraged people to boost their saliva by modifying their eating and drinking habits, suggesting drinking water mostly at meal times and allowing periods after eating and drinking for saliva to interact with teeth and gums undiluted.

Members, what can you say about Dr Ellie’s advice? How do you take care of your teeth? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
Most of us think drinking water is one of the easiest and most natural ways to look after our health.

But it turns out drinking water excessively can do more harm than good to your dental health.

A renowned dentist warned people that doing this habit could silently damage your teeth.

In her recent video online, dentist Dr Ellie Phillips revealed why sipping on water throughout the day could be bad for your teeth and how it could even ruin your gums.

‘Sipping water throughout the day? Rethink this practice,’ she captioned her video.

View attachment 34933
Dr Ellie Phillips said sipping water throughout the day can harm teeth. Credit: @drelliephillips / TikTok

She said in her video, ‘This is why sipping on water all throughout the day is not good for your teeth. And this applies to all liquids.'

‘The spit or the saliva that comes into your mouth is the mouth's most healing liquid,’ she added.

'It can help heal your teeth because it's full of all the minerals that your teeth need, and there are also cells and immune cells and proteins that are necessary for gum healing.'

Dr Ellie said you must give your teeth and gums time to interact with the saliva if you want a healthy mouth.

She added that if you continuously sip water, you’re ‘diluting’ your saliva, stripping off the proteins.

‘This is why people who sip liquids all day have sensitive teeth, gum recession, cracked enamel, their teeth are weak, they break, they think they need night guards and retainers,' Dr Ellie said.

‘What they need is to give their own saliva time, adequate time to interact with their teeth and gums.’

According to Dr Ellie, those who breathe through their mouths should try to close them during the daytime.

‘If you can, close your mouth and lick your teeth, if your front teeth feel dry and allow your own healing liquid in your mouth, it's free, you don't have to go anywhere and buy it,' she said.

'You don't have to have dental insurance, just give your mouth time to interact with the saliva that's coming into your mouth.’

To boost your saliva, Dr Ellie revealed several ways.

‘Now, you can make that saliva more healing by what you eat and what you drink,' she said.

'You want to drink enough, so drink at meal times, or some other time, but drink more at more limited times during the day and then have an interval between eating and drinking before you do that again,’ she added.

'Leave your saliva to interact undiluted with your gums and your teeth.'

Her video gained around 10,000 views, and online users praised the US-based dentist for her tips.

One commented, ‘Thank you! I think after I eat, I will use xylitol mints and not eat or drink for an hour. That feels best for me. I know it's different for everyone.’

Xylitol is a ‘sugar alcohol’ known to be good for oral health as a bacteria known to cause tooth decay—Streptococcus mutans—cannot ingest it the same way it can other sugars.

‘Guilty,’ said another.

Another said, ‘The xylitol has changed my mouth. I used to brush, floss, water pick. Still was getting cavities and so much plaque—none since using the xylitol drops.’

You can watch her video below:

Dr Ellie also recently shared another video online explaining how toothbrushes quickly get dirt and mould. She explained that toothbrushes are overlooked as a place where mould can develop, especially when they’re close to a toilet. She advised her viewers to ‘dry your toothbrush for 24 hours’.

Key Takeaways

• Dentist Dr Ellie Phillips has warned against sipping water throughout the day as it can damage teeth.
  • The dentist explained in her video on social media that continuously sipping on water can 'dilute' saliva.
  • Dr Ellie also encouraged people to boost their saliva by modifying their eating and drinking habits, suggesting drinking water mostly at meal times and allowing periods after eating and drinking for saliva to interact with teeth and gums undiluted.

Members, what can you say about Dr Ellie’s advice? How do you take care of your teeth? Let us know in the comments below!

Water 💧 is no good for your teeth shit I'm confused 🙄🤔