Skipton

Feb 2, 2022
Dental Appointment!

I called the dentist earlier to enquire about the price of a tooth extraction.
"$425", the girl on the end of the phone told me.
"That seems a little expensive", I said. "I'm working on a very tight budget here.
Is there anything you can cut out to bring the price down?".
"Well, we could do it without any anaesthetic", she said.
"But I must stress that it would be excruciatingly painful. We could do that for $340".
"That's better", I said, "but this really is about getting the lowest possible price. What else can we lose?".
"I suppose we could do the procedure without a clamp", said the receptionist.
"Though that would increase the chances of something going wrong and make it even more painful".
"That's fine", I said, "keeping the cost down is paramount. There must be something else you can do".
The receptionist thought a little more. "The dentist could work without a nurse,
but that would make the whole ordeal last even longer. It brings the price
down to $130 but there's nothing else we can do as it's already going to be a horrific thing to go through".
"Not a problem", I replied. "We have a deal". "How soon can you get my wife booked in?".