Delicious Italian meatballs recipe

shutterstock_427731406.jpg
Image Source: Shutterstock. Sorry members, next time I make my meatballs, I'll be sure to take a photo!

Here at the SDC we LOVE meatballs. They are such an easy and nutritious dinner to just whip up. They are also full of flavour and are nice and soft. Plus you can make them a more carb-loaded meal if you have them with some pasta, or you can make them a little healthier with a side of salad.

Ingredients:
500g ground beef
1/2 cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup minced onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon parsley
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/3 cup olive oil
1 jar spaghetti sauce (passata works perfectly well!)

Method:
1. In a large bowl, mix together ground beef, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, onion, garlic, egg, milk, parsley, tomato paste, salt, and pepper. Shape mixture into small to medium sized meatballs, depending on your preference (I prefer to make mine a little smaller).
2. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add meatballs, and cook until evenly browned.
3. Pour spaghetti sauce over meatballs, and simmer for about 1 hour.

Serve with a side of salad or on top of the pasta of your choice (fettuccine is my personal favourite!) and enjoy!

Sponsored

View attachment 2639
Image Source: Shutterstock. Sorry members, next time I make my meatballs, I'll be sure to take a photo!

Here at the SDC we LOVE meatballs. They are such an easy and nutritious dinner to just whip up. They are also full of flavour and are nice and soft. Plus you can make them a more carb-loaded meal if you have them with some pasta, or you can make them a little healthier with a side of salad.

Ingredients:
500g ground beef
1/4 cup minced onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup olive oil

Method:
1. In a large bowl, mix together ground beef, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, onion, garlic, egg, milk, parsley, tomato paste, salt, and pepper. Shape mixture into small to medium sized meatballs, depending on your preference (I prefer to make mine a little smaller).
2. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add meatballs, and cook until evenly browned.

Serve with a side of salad or on top of the pasta of your choice (fettuccine is my personal favourite!) and enjoy!

Yum, they sound delish! Do you make your own Italian seasoned bread crumbs? I haven't seen them pre-made

View attachment 2639

Ingredients:
500g ground beef
1/4 cup minced onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup olive oil

Method:

They sound delish! Do you make your own Italian season bread crumbs? I haven't seen them commercially made

@Lindyloo it's super easy, just normal breadcrumbs with some Italian herbs (or any herbs of your preference) I just throw in a bit of pecorino (or parmesan, I just prefer pecorino), basil, oregano, salt, pepper and I loooove a little bit of spice (definitely not for everyone) so I actually sneak a bit of cayenne pepper which isn't very 'Italian' of me but it's never hurt anyone ;)

Reactions: Lindyloo
@Lindyloo it's super easy, just normal breadcrumbs with some Italian herbs (or any herbs of your preference) I just throw in a bit of pecorino (or parmesan, I just prefer pecorino), basil, oregano, salt, pepper and I loooove a little bit of spice (definitely not for everyone) so I actually sneak a bit of cayenne pepper which isn't very 'Italian' of me but it's never hurt anyone ;)
I thought it was probably your own concoction. Thanks for telling me! No spicy things for me!