SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Mark@Home

Mark@Home

Feb 22, 2024
Defence Gold Cards - And Their Benefits - For All Commonwealth Veterans Resident In Any Commonwealth Country

As a UK Veteran now with dual citizenship of Australia and the UK, I would like to see Defence Gold Cards given to all veterans who served our monarch. Of course, such a scheme should apply to ANY Commonwealth veteran resident in ANY Commonwealth country.

Currently, Australian rules allow for veterans of other Commonwealth countries to be given Defence White cards but only if they are in receipt of a war pension. Sailors, soldiers and airmen don't start wars and if our service did not include a war, that is not our fault. But I took the Queen's Shilling to be killed, if necessary, in the service of my monarch (then the late Queen Elizabeth II), indeed we ALL took a similar oath and made the same offer. I myself flew in the Royal Air Force close tracking Soviet submarines in the Cold War with a view to sinking them had we gone hot.

Being in the armed forces is like no other job. Bankers are not required to kill and be killed; neither are checkout chicks.

I intend to make this a Seniors Discount Club petition.

Your proposal for Defence Gold Cards for Commonwealth veterans resonates deeply, reflecting the shared commitment and sacrifices made in service to our monarch and country. It's only fair that veterans from across the Commonwealth receive recognition and support, regardless of where they reside. Your initiative to create a Seniors Discount Club petition is commendable and could make a real difference in advocating for this cause.In the meantime, I stumbled upon some tips on how to win a Veterans Affairs Decision Appeal, which might offer some valuable insights for veterans navigating the appeals process. Here's the link: https://ptsdlawyers.com/appeal-a-va-decision/

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Mark@Home
Your proposal for Defence Gold Cards for Commonwealth veterans resonates deeply, reflecting the shared commitment and sacrifices made in service to our monarch and country.
Thanks for that. I am looking into creating a petition to support and promote this idea. I am not sure at the moment to whom such a petition needs to be directed. If you have any thought, I would be grateful to read them. I am also seriously considering writing directly to King Charles on this matter. After all, he is the Head of the Commonwealth.