Customers shocked by horrific discovery inside salad wrap from an Aussie cafe

The images in this article may be a bit confronting. Avoid looking at the images, especially if you are eating.

When you order a meal from a popular eatery, the last thing you expect is to find something utterly revolting in your food.

But that's exactly what happened to customers at one of Australia's most beloved pie shops, Beefys, located at Aussie World, southwest of the Sunshine Coast.

Two men, who had been regular patrons of Beefys, took to social media to share their horrifying experience.

They posted photos of what they allegedly found inside their food, leaving their followers and the wider online community in utter disbelief.

The shocking discovery? Dead rats in their food. (Consider this our final warning: the images below may be a bit confronting!)

SDC Images (20).png
Two men have discovered rats in their Beefys food. Image source: Facebook.

One of the men shared a photo of a dead rat nestled among the vegetables in his salad wrap, cautioning his followers to 'be careful what you eat'.

He said he had also ordered a pie with his salad wrap but 'didn’t feel like eating it' due to his discovery.

The other man posted images of a rodent inside a salad bag, which he claimed he had been eating for four to five days before making the gruesome discovery.

The posts quickly went viral, garnering hundreds of comments from shocked social media users.

Many expressed their disappointment, claiming the posts had 'ruined' their favourite pie shop.

'That's my favourite pie store growing up, thanks for ruining it,' one said.

Others questioned the authenticity of the posts, suggesting that the rats must have been placed in the food intentionally.

'A wrap like that is made by a human being surely, so if it's in there, it's been put there by a person,' one wrote.

SDC 1.png
The other man absolved Beefys of any blame as the salad bags were said to have been packaged by another company. Image source: Instagram/@beefyspies.

However, one of the men who found the rat in his salad bag was quick to absolve Beefys of any blame.

He pointed out that the salad bag was packaged by another company, suggesting that the responsibility for the rat infestation lay elsewhere.

'I’m not blaming the shop, of course, because it has nothing to do with them, but probably doesn’t hurt to double-check the bag beforehand,' he wrote.
Key Takeaways
  • Customers at a renowned Aussie pie shop, Beefys at Aussie World, claimed to have found dead rats in their food.
  • The disturbing discovery was shared on social media, prompting shock and disbelief among users.
  • While some social media users expressed disgust, others questioned the legitimacy of the claims, suggesting the rats could have been placed there intentionally.
  • One customer stated he did not blame Beefys directly as the salad bag was packaged by another company, implying an issue with the supplier rather than the store itself.
Have you ever had a similar experience? Share your stories in the comments below.

Sponsored
There seems to be reports almost daily of vermin and insects in food. Where are the inspectors who are supposed to be checking on the factories and shops where food is prepared ?

Can't see the image in a shop, can't believe the story. Did they eat the rest of the food?
Looks fake to me.

Reactions: Annna
One of the men said he'd been eating the item for 4-5 days.

Question: Where had he been keeping the item over the 4-5 days?

I had a similar experience in the early 1960sbought a pie for lunch i got half way through it and it felt like i was crunching into bones when i checked there was a mouse in it as it happened there was a council inspector on the site he took the pie with him and details where i bought it
Brian Raffa