Customers are raving about this $20 frozen Costco item: ‘I’d definitely eat this again’

The excitement among Australian Costco shoppers couldn't be more palpable as they've discovered a tantalising addition to the store's frozen aisle.

It's not your typical bulk-buy grocery item, and it's making significant waves on social media for its unique taste and culinary potential.

And the cherry on top? It sells for under $20.

Bec Hardgrave, a known foodie, recently shared her most recent discovery: Costco’s battered pickles.

Her social media post about her latest find has struck a chord with other Costco fans, leading to much excitement.

Photo_20240305_090350_0000.png
Battered pickle chips are going popular on social media, sold at $19.99 at Costco. Credits: Tiktok / Bec Hardgrave

Bec's gastronomic journey began when she spotted the 1.5kg bag of battered pickle chips by Creole Katz, and couldn't resist the urge to try them in her air fryer.

‘Yes, you heard that right. Battered pickles, which are apparently best air fried, so, of course, I had to grab them as well as some ranch sauce to try it with,’ Bec said.

She mentioned that the frozen product emitted a strong smell to it, noticing it right after she put them in the air fryer.

Her verdict? If you're a pickle aficionado, these snacks could be your next obsession.

‘I think these would go really well in a burger,’ she said.

Bec's partner also sampled the fried treat, saying it smelled like urine at first, but that he could also ‘get on board’ with it.

The verdict? An 8 over 10 for Bec, while her partner gave it a 6 out of 10 score.

‘They’re very salty. I’d definitely eat these again,’ she added.

Bec's candid review has opened the floodgates as people share their experiences and rate the snacks based on flavour, nostalgia, and personal preference.

Another shopper, who goes by @tashdifed, also expressed her excitement about trying the battered pickle chips.

‘Now, to me, they taste exactly like McDonald’s pickles, so if you love them, you will love this,’ she said.

‘Now, I am going to be honest, would I buy them again? Probably not. If I had a party, then yes, maybe. But they’re yum. I’ve no complaints. Very good.’

Others were also excited to try this snack.

‘We need to go to Costco and get some,’ one said, tagging their friend.

‘I need them, I love pickles,’ another replied.

‘As soon as you said burger, imagine a smash burger with deep-fried pickles,’ a third commented.

‘These put me off pickles. Loved them until I had too many,’ another one said.

A pregnant woman commented, ‘I am pregnant, and love pickles. I need these!’

While this snack might be a hit-or-miss for some, here’s a snack that most people definitely love, and you can make them easily at home without the need of an air fryer!

You can check out the full recipe here.

Key Takeaways

• Costco's battered pickle chips, retailing for $19.99, received positive reviews from social media users and food influencers.
  • The unique frozen item, said to be best air-fried, was noted for its strong smell but was recommended for pickle enthusiasts.
  • Bec Hardgrave, a food influencer, tried the pickle chips and suggested they'd pair well in a burger, rating them an eight out of ten.
  • While some social media users expressed eagerness to try the product, others shared their varied experiences, with one person noting they might be suitable for a party but not for regular purchase.
Are you willing to try these battered pickle chips from Costco? What other snacks do you want to try? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored