Customer taken aback over the price of this fast-food brekkie: ‘That's a rip-off!’

Whether we like to admit it or not, going to the Golden Arches occasionally can be a welcome indulgence, especially when it comes to grabbing a quick and delicious brekkie on the go.

Comfort food has its moments, and the classic McDonald's Bacon Egg McMuffin is hard to resist.

However, the one thing that can overshadow a satisfying brekkie is an unwelcome surprise on your receipt. That's exactly what happened to a Queensland McDonald's fan who was aghast by the increase in prices of two popular menu items.

The shocked diner wrote on the Markdown Addicts Australia Facebook page, 'I'm in shock. McDonald's Bacon Egg McMuffin is $6.15. A bottle of water is $4.45.'

Can you believe it? An accompanying photo of the receipt showed the astonishing charges, leaving many of our members flabbergasted.

Screen Shot 2023-06-16 at 9.48.56 AM.png
A customer was left speechless when they examined their receipt more closely after buying breakfast at their local Macca's. Credit: Facebook.

Just a few months ago, the Bacon and Egg McMuffins were only priced at $5 at some McDonald's branches, meaning that the meal has seen a staggering 23 per cent price increase in recent months. (Although it's been reported that menu item prices can vary between individual McDonald's restaurants.)

Responding to this revelation, a McDonald's spokesperson acknowledged that their restaurants are indeed operating in a 'higher-cost environment', which in turn impacts the prices offered to customers.

The spokesperson stated, 'We're committed to our “Value means more at Macca's” promise, which not only includes great everyday pricing but also providing great customer service, 24/7 convenience and focusing on year-round offers like our family bundles.'

'Customers can also get great value at McDonald's through My Macca's Rewards and through our year-round Loose Change Menu. Like all businesses, we are operating in a higher-cost environment, which does impact the cost of running great restaurants in communities across Australia.'

They went on to say, 'We will always work hard to provide our customers with great value. As individual businesses, McDonald's prices are set at a restaurant level.'

Screen Shot 2023-06-16 at 9.48.09 AM.png
The customer was taken aback by the unexpected price hike of over a dollar for the Bacon and Egg McMuffin and was equally surprised to discover that a bottle of water now costs a whopping $4.45. Credit: McDonald's Australia.

Several members of the Facebook group voiced their outrage over these astonishing price hikes. One exclaimed, 'That's a rip-off!' while another chimed in with, 'I'd rather jam my finger in a car door than pay that amount for a tiny burger and water.'

Another reminisced about the good old days when a full meal nearly cost the current price of just the McMuffin.

Many also noted that they now only visit McDonald's when there are specials or discounts available on the MyMacca's app, such as a McChicken meal for a more reasonable $6. Others suggested purchasing the items as part of a meal or asking for a free cup of water as alternatives to these inflated prices.

Key Takeaways

• A McDonald's customer was left speechless after seeing the prices on their breakfast receipt.
  • The diner's receipt showed a Bacon Egg McMuffin priced at $6.15 and a bottle of water at $4.45, prompting outrage on social media.
  • A McDonald's spokesperson confirmed that its restaurants are operating in a 'higher-cost environment', affecting prices.
  • Many customers say they now look for specials and discounts on the MyMacca's app before dining at McDonald's.

It's crucial for us to remain vigilant when it comes to unexpected price hikes on our favourite menu items. While indulging ourselves occasionally is well-deserved, we shouldn't have to empty our wallets for it. So, the next time you stop by Macca's or any other fast-food joint, make sure to carefully review your receipts!

What do you think about this story, folks? Have you noticed any other fast-food or restaurant meals that experienced price increases? Share your experiences with us in the comments section below! It's important to keep each other informed, especially now that managing our budgets is essential.

Sponsored
Both Maccas and Hungry Jacks have been reducing the sizes of their burgers over the years. The burgers are now on bun size that was formerly "muffin" sized. I don't go to either anymore. If I feel like a burger I go to a Carl Jr burger place. You pay about $2 more for you burger but it is a proper "Burger Size". You also get "bottomless" soda drinks.
Betting their soda drinks are all syrup based (just add water and a few bubbles)

Reactions: DrivingGirl
I hope Elaine41 that you don't buy Frozen Bassa from Indonesia as it is a deadly eat, I got ciguatera from eating this one year. It took me a good year to be able to eat fish again after that So now if I get the chance I only eat Barramundi or I go without.
Add prawns from Vietnam to the list of fish not good to eat!

we don't go to these terrible establishments,,,cheaper to make your own and you know it's fresh ,,I have seen fat dripping down people's arms and clothing,,,,we last ate KFC about 3 weeks ago,,,,omg it was awful,,tasted nothing like the chicken of old,,won't be going there anymore either,,we threw the rest out,,,,as for paying over $4 for water I think I would be tempted to put an eski in the boot of the car if I drove it somewhere,,,put some freezer blocks in with as many bottles of water you think you might need,,,things are to expensive now to throw away plus I do seriously believe everyone is being exploited by any outlet who sells what we need,,yes need not want

Why anyone wants to buy their awful food is beyond me - so unhealthy! Having said that I have had their coffee in the past and enjoyed it, so there is one saving grace.

6.15 for Bacon and egg.... how much does the chicken get for her hard work and the poor pig, he's done for and as for 4.45 for a bottle of tap water.... Bloody hell, its no wonder I havnt been to a Macca's store in some years.
Saw on the news today, eggs are going to skyrocket so be prepared to pay even more.

Reactions: DrivingGirl
I bought a deep fryer years ago so I can buy frozen fish (all that's available for me) & chips & have fish & chips each week for approx. $2.50-$3 a serve. Much better than that from fish & chip shop.
And if you add salt and vinegar, wrap it up in newspaper with a bit of lemon and take it to the local park/beach it will be just like days of 😊 😋 😋yore!

I hope Elaine41 that you don't buy Frozen Bassa from Indonesia as it is a deadly eat, I got ciguatera from eating this one year. It took me a good year to be able to eat fish again after that So now if I get the chance I only eat Barramundi or I go without.
I agree 100% with you. Dont eat frozen produce from Asia especially the seafood.

I get a egg and bacon roll + a small coffee from a Muffin Break and the roll is double the size of the Maccrap all for under $10.

Reactions: Observer
Whether we like to admit it or not, going to the Golden Arches occasionally can be a welcome indulgence, especially when it comes to grabbing a quick and delicious brekkie on the go.

Comfort food has its moments, and the classic McDonald's Bacon Egg McMuffin is hard to resist.

However, the one thing that can overshadow a satisfying brekkie is an unwelcome surprise on your receipt. That's exactly what happened to a Queensland McDonald's fan who was aghast by the increase in prices of two popular menu items.

The shocked diner wrote on the Markdown Addicts Australia Facebook page, 'I'm in shock. McDonald's Bacon Egg McMuffin is $6.15. A bottle of water is $4.45.'

Can you believe it? An accompanying photo of the receipt showed the astonishing charges, leaving many of our members flabbergasted.

View attachment 22447
A customer was left speechless when they examined their receipt more closely after buying breakfast at their local Macca's. Credit: Facebook.

Just a few months ago, the Bacon and Egg McMuffins were only priced at $5 at some McDonald's branches, meaning that the meal has seen a staggering 23 per cent price increase in recent months. (Although it's been reported that menu item prices can vary between individual McDonald's restaurants.)

Responding to this revelation, a McDonald's spokesperson acknowledged that their restaurants are indeed operating in a 'higher-cost environment', which in turn impacts the prices offered to customers.

The spokesperson stated, 'We're committed to our “Value means more at Macca's” promise, which not only includes great everyday pricing but also providing great customer service, 24/7 convenience and focusing on year-round offers like our family bundles.'

'Customers can also get great value at McDonald's through My Macca's Rewards and through our year-round Loose Change Menu. Like all businesses, we are operating in a higher-cost environment, which does impact the cost of running great restaurants in communities across Australia.'

They went on to say, 'We will always work hard to provide our customers with great value. As individual businesses, McDonald's prices are set at a restaurant level.'

View attachment 22446
The customer was taken aback by the unexpected price hike of over a dollar for the Bacon and Egg McMuffin and was equally surprised to discover that a bottle of water now costs a whopping $4.45. Credit: McDonald's Australia.

Several members of the Facebook group voiced their outrage over these astonishing price hikes. One exclaimed, 'That's a rip-off!' while another chimed in with, 'I'd rather jam my finger in a car door than pay that amount for a tiny burger and water.'

Another reminisced about the good old days when a full meal nearly cost the current price of just the McMuffin.

Many also noted that they now only visit McDonald's when there are specials or discounts available on the MyMacca's app, such as a McChicken meal for a more reasonable $6. Others suggested purchasing the items as part of a meal or asking for a free cup of water as alternatives to these inflated prices.

Key Takeaways

• A McDonald's customer was left speechless after seeing the prices on their breakfast receipt.
  • The diner's receipt showed a Bacon Egg McMuffin priced at $6.15 and a bottle of water at $4.45, prompting outrage on social media.
  • A McDonald's spokesperson confirmed that its restaurants are operating in a 'higher-cost environment', affecting prices.
  • Many customers say they now look for specials and discounts on the MyMacca's app before dining at McDonald's.

It's crucial for us to remain vigilant when it comes to unexpected price hikes on our favourite menu items. While indulging ourselves occasionally is well-deserved, we shouldn't have to empty our wallets for it. So, the next time you stop by Macca's or any other fast-food joint, make sure to carefully review your receipts!

What do you think about this story, folks? Have you noticed any other fast-food or restaurant meals that experienced price increases? Share your experiences with us in the comments section below! It's important to keep each other informed, especially now that managing our budgets is essential.
Water from the tap is pretty much free. Bottled water damages your finances and the environment. Don’t buy water in bottles!

View attachment 22447

View attachment 22446

Key Takeaways

Bloody rip off merchants plastic food for plastic people and different prices from different stores that's theft plain and simple 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬💪

Both Maccas and Hungry Jacks have been reducing the sizes of their burgers over the years. The burgers are now on bun size that was formerly "muffin" sized. I don't go to either anymore. If I feel like a burger I go to a Carl Jr burger place. You pay about $2 more for you burger but it is a proper "Burger Size". You also get "bottomless" soda drinks.
not in Australia ???