TrishaC

Staff member
May 30, 2022
Cricut's crafty machines are taking side-hustles to the next level.

Cricut's crafty machines are taking side-hustles to the next level.
Prices are now skyrocketing, and people are struggling to get by. Extra spending or costs means an additional job or side hustle for some. Dropshipping, crypto trading, online tutoring, social media managing, and the list goes on for how we supplement our income. But what if there's a way to make your side hustle even more efficient and fun, and if you're crafty enough, and you have some time to spare, then you might want to invest in Cricut's cutting machines.

According to the latest data from the Australian Bureau of Statistics, over 867,000 individuals work multiple jobs, 180,000 higher than in 2017.

Many Australians were desperate to supplement their income during the lockdowns, and online markets like Etsy were growing.

734ivUQbuM-Jd_qct6FEB9vixlH6aY0lzZwu9hiu9jSDqKPetwSHelDNjuPhbQGERzu9ysskEuI0O_I9ue03jnXi80507XbVErF1EWR3Pa1ccxVNkOsHeZu4G9UMtrVVnuds97qjgvPVIkxaxA

Source: 9News

Sophia Czarkowski founded ‘Art by Sophia’ in Queensland in 2016, and it has grown significantly since then. She started out doing everything just by hand, but as her business grew, she needed to come up with some way to speed things up. She then purchased a Cricut cutting machine that helped her business and improved her productivity. In fact, it's now one of the core pieces of her business, including the software.

'When I originally started, I had limited design and technical skills, so the software made designing and cutting designs a breeze. ,' she said.

gH2x35OO6tTYy9cDQMobXLDuN_UsEWZPF2DKqp5wSwluJnJ5PvvW2rjCgm0Cr5NyCpqfBWKUqI02T6HM4ghRooGYTKnq5v9UZxyUI1vuAuiQBepaD7On9EEFwKvCBKLeBpvWkSMjqdFW6BuVsw

The Cricut Maker 3 is the most capable and impressive, but it's also the most expensive.

It can cut, fold, engrave, and draw, among other capabilities. It can cut various crafting materials, including leather and several types of wood, with ease.

Czarkowski said she used the product to make a pair of customised earrings for a wedding last year.

"The bride really adored them and still wears them," she added. "This is why I do what I do — to see the love and joy that something I crafted brings."

i5cWwwvT0N4y0zA-qd_WgAQn7FVAU3ihQPS0nwD2WC8habSLwVMMXcSB6djeLd-xrfGtM7FzThMr3ey2_smqUn5iUAKkeRavrfM1ZeOfW9xYQBc0ba3-r9kkfzGgr1EbjrUimC4ViW_CX1ltBA

Czarkowski now works full-time for her business, and she is not alone!

Cricut's Pacific area director, Nicola Dow Smith, told 9News.com.au that the demand is tremendous and that new products are arriving on a regular basis to meet every need.

We have heard of many cases, not just in Australia but globally, where Cricut has been purchased as a hobby, and this has grown to become a full-time business venture," she said.

"Members have been turning ideas into projects; projects into products; and before you know it, products into money-making business ventures."

According to Dow Smith, the Cricut community is "very passionate" and has formed dozens of Facebook groups to share ideas. And people are very much willing to offer help and advice. Cricut designers even worked to help creatures affected by the 2019 bushfires before the pandemic.

"The Cricut community rallied together, created a pattern, and made joey and koala pouches with Cricut cutting machines to send to wildlife support crews," Dow Smith said.

Now, let's take a look at the features and see a review about Cricut 3 for us to learn more!

Undeniably, it's fantastic yet quite overwhelming with its features and functions, right? I'd say there's got to be a learning curve for all impressive things.

But maybe if you're adapting to technology, you might just watch a couple of video tutorials and design-making lessons. After a day or two, you'll become a master crafter; who knows?

The Cricut Easy Press Mini was an excellent addition to pre-made designs. This specially-designed hot iron has three heat settings and is mainly used for transferring vinyl to materials. A suggested heat level and guide are frequently included in pre-made patterns.

E2N5G5XCBFZIFu1EQ02nqt6DG2bPmFGwjbHQQfifKIWi6ZP2-khl6UOUmhCa7tAhttm82TNH8mGGoTOt0vNk1qwIClNQLhEp9XgOQ9fwff9D2SMRvhlKNsJuzcyYKFJp6aSuv0qmjbwZ2TcBMg

Cricut Maker 3. Source: 9News

Suppose you're new to Cricut and crafts. In that case, it could be better to skip the Cricut Maker 3 or learn as much as possible before you dive in. The program takes some getting used to, and its possibilities might be overwhelming.

Cricut's Design Space program comes with a library of templates, but you can pay $13.99 each month for a subscription if you're really keen. Cricut Access gives you access to a variety of premium designs and images, but it's completely optional. Thousands of free photos and projects are available online.

The Cricut Joy is a significantly smaller machine that should get anyone started. It costs roughly half as much as the Cricut Maker 3 and can cut paper and cards, make vinyl stickers, and draw designs.

The Cricut Maker 3 is, in my judgement, is one of the most stunning home creating machines I've ever seen. It will get you started with the fundamentals right out of the box, but if you want to get the most out of it, you'll need to invest in a few Cricut tools and resources.

Cricut has developed rapidly and is now available at many major retailers. When you walk into Officeworks or Big W, it almost slaps you in the face. The Cricut Maker 3 is a heavy-duty model that costs roughly $699. Their less expensive Cricut Joy model costs $349.

Overall, Cricut is a significant investment for anyone crafty and wants to start their own small business. It is a bit of a learning curve to get started, but once you get the hang of it, it is a lot of fun and very rewarding!

What do you think about this machine? Will it help you start your small business? Or maybe create some things for your kids and grandkids? Let us know in the comment section below!