• 4 rashers streaky bacon, finely chopped
  • 1/3 cup pure cream, plus extra to serve
  • 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
  • Chopped fresh chives, to serve
  • Dried chilli flakes (optional), to serve
  • Crusty bread, to serve

METHOD
Step 1
Heat oil and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until soft

Step 2
Add cauliflower and potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables just start to soften. Add garlic and thyme. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover. Simmer for 40 minutes or until vegetables are very tender.

Step 3
Meanwhile, heat a small frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook bacon, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden and crisp. Drain on paper towel. Set aside.

Step 4
Remove soup from heat. Discard thyme. Using a stick blender, blend soup until smooth. Stir in cream. Serve drizzled with extra cream, sprinkled with bacon, cheddar, chives and chilli flakes, if using, and crusty bread

Nutrition per serving
Amount per serving
Energy
1520 kj (363cal)
Protein
9.5g
Total Fat
21.5g
Saturated
11.3g
Carbohydrate Total
35.2g
Sugars
7.5g
Sodium
911.3mg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
Oh, this sounds yummy.
I tried your tasty sausage recipe from the other week and it went down a treat. I even added the baked Beans. This was a miracle as my husband is the fussiest eater on this earth and always "only likes his sausages normal" 🤦 he doesn't even eat them curried.
This stupid spell check has changed the word eater to water three times 🤷

Reactions: Suzanne rose
Oh, this sounds yummy.
I tried your tasty sausage recipe from the other week and it went down a treat. I even added the baked Beans. This was a miracle as my husband is the fussiest eater on this earth and always "only likes his sausages normal" 🤦 he doesn't even eat them curried.
If hubby knew half the stuff I put into recipes he wouldn't eat it , yet after he has eaten he comments how delicious it was. I get so tempted to tell him but just smile .

He hates curry, I add curry
He hates Vegemite I add Vegemite
He hates certain herbs n spices , I add heaps .

Oh, this sounds yummy.
I posted a sticky date pudding. It is the best I've tried

Reactions: DLHM
If hubby knew half the stuff I put into recipes he wouldn't eat it , yet after he has eaten he comments how delicious it was. I get so tempted to tell him but just smile .

He hates curry, I add curry
He hates Vegemite I add Vegemite
He hates certain herbs n spices , I add heaps .
Same here - list to long to mention - but he asks for certain dishes again and I smile. Little darlings aren't they?

I once was asked by a passenger at the Captains Table, for the ingredients of (Welsh Rarebit?) Grilled Cheese I mentioned mustard powder at which I was told very abruptly by him who himself a culinary connoisseur (more like common sewer) that there wasn't any mustard. At which I Informed that was good as the powder enhances the flavour of the cheese, (the turd definitely didn't like me. 😉

I once was asked by a passenger at the Captains Table, for the ingredients of (Welsh Rarebit?) Grilled Cheese I mentioned mustard powder at which I was told very abruptly by him who himself a culinary connoisseur (more like common sewer) that there wasn't any mustard. At which I Informed that was good as the powder enhances the flavour of the cheese, (the turd definitely didn't like me. 😉
My dad loved Welsh Rarebit. And of course you’re so correct that mustard powder is an important ingredient. 👍🏻

• Wow
Reactions: Veggiepatch
Same here - list to long to mention - but he asks for certain dishes again and I smile. Little darlings aren't they?
I think they are the bigger children . Yeh my list is very long

He absolutely hates peanut butter even asked if I could stop buying it as he said he hated the smell . Bad luck buddy I love it.
Anyway I made peanut butter cookies and omg they were delicious and very addictive. While they were cooling guess who ate one and loved it. He asked what were the cookies I replied Suzanne's secret cookies 🍪 He still doesn't know they were peanut butter cookies.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: Bridgit and DLHM

He absolutely hates peanut butter even asked if I could stop buying it as he said he hated the smell . Bad luck buddy I love it.
Anyway I made peanut butter cookies and omg they were delicious and very addictive. While they were cooling guess who ate one and loved it. He asked what were the cookies I replied Suzanne's secret cookies 🍪 He still doesn't know they were peanut butter cookies.
We had a genuine Muslim who I made allowance for, but also a pseudo one who became a believer to get his leg over and the same with a vegetarian, who seemed to be under the impression that his dietary wants would be catered to, got short shift there, the pseudo Muslim used to get as pissed as a parrot whenever he got the chance, but I digress. When I used to make bread, I'd get what breakfast bacon was left over I'd crisp it up and put into my bread mix (There is a Portuguese recipe that has Palma ham in the bread mix, which is very tasty) Then watch them as they hoed into the finished product, (best kept secret on board) everybody used to laugh, but they never cottoned on, which told me they were phonies? Which begs the question.
( AM I AN ARSEHOLE? )

Last edited:

I wonder if @Veggiepatch would fall for it. He hates peanut butter too.