Crab and Corn Soup

compressed-crab and corn soup.jpeg
Credits: Shutterstock

Hey members! I'm excited to share one of my all-time favourite comfort food recipes: Crab and Corn Soup! My mum's been cooking this for as long as I can remember, and it's always been my go-to when I need some extra TLC or just want to warm up on a chilly day. So, I asked her to spill the beans (or rather, the crabs and corn) and share the recipe with me, and she gladly obliged. Mums are the best! Trust me, even if you're not feeling under the weather, you won't be able to resist the delicious flavours of this soup. Plus, it's super easy to make and requires just a few simple ingredients. So let's get cooking!

Ingredients:

4 cups chicken broth

1 tablespoon seafood soup base

1 cup crab meat, flaked

1 cup corn kernels

1/4 cup imitation crab, chopped

2 tablespoons cornstarch

1/4 cup water

1 egg

green onions, chopped

salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:

1. Heat a pot over medium heat and combine chicken broth and seafood base. Bring to a boil stirring until the seafood base is dissolved.

2. Add crab meat, corn, and imitation crab to the pot and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

3. In a separate bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth.

4. Lower the heat and add the cornstarch mixture while whisking vigorously to avoid lumps. Return the mixture to a boil and cook for 1 to 2 minutes while stirring regularly.

5. Crack an egg into the pot and use a fork to stir it until it’s evenly dispersed. Cook the soup for an additional minute or until the egg is dispersed.

6. Finally, ladle the soup into bowls and garnish it with green onions. Serve the soup hot, and enjoy!

You can serve this soup with a side of crusty bread or crackers to balance out the flavours. Enjoy!

Notes: If you can’t find a seafood soup base, substitute shrimp bouillon cubes.

Sponsored
View attachment 17847

Hey members! I'm excited to share one of my all-time favourite comfort food recipes: Crab and Corn Soup! My mum's been cooking this for as long as I can remember, and it's always been my go-to when I need some extra TLC or just want to warm up on a chilly day. So, I asked her to spill the beans (or rather, the crabs and corn) and share the recipe with me, and she gladly obliged. Mums are the best! Trust me, even if you're not feeling under the weather, you won't be able to resist the delicious flavours of this soup. Plus, it's super easy to make and requires just a few simple ingredients. So let's get cooking!

Ingredients:

4 cups chicken broth

1 cup crab meat, flaked

1 cup corn kernels

2 tablespoons cornstarch

1/4 cup water

1 egg

green onions, chopped

salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:

1. Heat a pot over medium heat and combine chicken broth and seafood base. Bring to a boil stirring until the seafood base is dissolved.

2. Add crab meat, corn, and imitation crab to the pot and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

4. Lower the heat and add the cornstarch mixture while whisking vigorously to avoid lumps. Return the mixture to a boil and cook for 1 to 2 minutes while stirring regularly.

5. Crack an egg into the pot and use a fork to stir it until it’s evenly dispersed. Cook the soup for an additional minute or until the egg is dispersed.

6. Finally, ladle the soup into bowls and garnish it with green onions. Serve the soup hot, and enjoy!

You can serve this soup with a side of crusty bread or crackers to balance out the flavours. Enjoy!

Thank you so much! Yum!

View attachment 17847

Ingredients:

4 cups chicken broth

1 cup crab meat, flaked

1 cup corn kernels

2 tablespoons cornstarch

1/4 cup water

1 egg

green onions, chopped

salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:

I enjoy seafood as much as others and can afford via my son to occasionally taste wonderful new varieties and bbqd fish , as my son is an avid marine biologist/foodie/ cook and I am new to australian fish varieties. Plus , I am pro-+ sustainability & healthy fresh stuff. My take on this recipe is: enjoy- if/ when you can a "little bit" with true fish= fresh fish! Less of the artificial replacement stuff. Maybe add some other veg, chiffoned leek, carrots to the corn? Enjoy your comfort food but FGS- lets help to shape future tastes and palates + knowledge of children with less highly processed meats /stuff.

View attachment 17847

Ingredients:

4 cups chicken broth

1 cup crab meat, flaked

1 cup corn kernels

2 tablespoons cornstarch

1/4 cup water

1 egg

green onions, chopped

salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:

Wow thanks Vella..i am trying that this weekend..sounds yummy.

• Love
Reactions: Jarred Santos
Where can I buy imitation crab and the seafood mix? I usually use crab meat in a tin with chicken and corn soup, but this sounds better for my husband. Could I use real crab meat instead of imitation crab? Never heard of this. Can't wait to try it.

• Love
Reactions: Jarred Santos
View attachment 17847

Ingredients:

4 cups chicken broth

1 cup crab meat, flaked

1 cup corn kernels

2 tablespoons cornstarch

1/4 cup water

1 egg

green onions, chopped

salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:

I'll definitely be making this. Sounds yummy 😋

View attachment 17847

Ingredients:

4 cups chicken broth

1 cup crab meat, flaked

1 cup corn kernels

2 tablespoons cornstarch

1/4 cup water

1 egg

green onions, chopped

salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:

Sorry you lost me at corn, I don't eat anything I can't digest.