Couple ridiculed after complaining about racy detail at a construction site

What was supposed to be a leisurely walk left one couple ‘gobsmacked’ after they caught sight of a massive ‘crude’ sign at a construction site. However, the concern prompted several users to slam them for being ‘too sensitive’. Which side are you on?

Detailing his complaint on a Facebook post, the man said that he was walking past the worksite in the affluent Sydney suburb of Mosman with his wife when they spotted the banner in question.

The sign featured the company’s name, Dick Diggers, along with the slogan: ‘Our goal is your hole.’

The man said he was offended by the company’s ‘smut’ signage.

‘My wife and I walked past the Woolworths construction site today and we were shocked by the language so crudely displayed,’ the man wrote.

‘There is a school not even a furlong away. I’m gobsmacked.’

‘How many thousands of children are being exposed to such filth? Surely our village is above this smut.’

_mHhgJ4XD5llIINpl0qkBZQAMzFojFrgqcXXkj0l8btjPRRLf39W_dt822ixaM8lQ7SMdv3c1hjj0pLzYhQBAj3bIP0dB6rtXYNLvd8tSp0qXIYUb2pFmIV8_ov_6ojBkXBGLZdnGdwj4WtefPMcSYSi3EjQVQ_4FnAZ_KzroyFsHwY_S95hD7TmAA

The couple was infuriated by the site’s signage. Source: 7News

Since the post circulated on Facebook and Reddit, dozens of social media users have ridiculed the couple’s dilemma.

‘Almost every child who will walk past that sign will probably laugh..’ said one.

‘Some adults, as well.’ chimed another.

A third argued: ‘Younger children wouldn’t find it inappropriate as they wouldn’t get it… And would probably be confused about why the older kids are rolling on the ground.’

‘Trust me, kids have seen much worse before lunchtime.’ a fourth commented.

Several more defended the company, saying that they didn’t find anything wrong with the signage.

Others defended Dick’s Diggers, saying they didn’t find the signage offensive.

‘How the hell is this offensive? There are too many “snowflakes” out there.’ one criticised.

‘Wow, some people are too sensitive.’ added another.

But a few did agree that the signage was in poor taste.

Ty6zoGHiHcIf1tpdtXYpyMhaHq6Hnn1p9JWBUhRmQPluq3ADqwASsomE9h8dBY7_CtBbRhIv5iXCV4PdIG-PXf646rGgFI4gKYHj0znKvnb3CO6-eq6WrU-HPxe_r6A4L88M7Bj0xzxOmTH4eDdydzk_F2Urmmr9hsFtSi5dtdVDXF566pQX2-Y2Vw

Is the sign offensive? Source: Technology For You

‘It’s not the worst thing I’ve ever seen, but it IS pretty tasteless.’ a Reddit user wrote.

Another clarified that it was a pretty common slogan in the industry.

‘Sign maker here! I have made so many “your hole is our goal” signs for excavating companies, they always laugh and think they are the ones that came up with it.’ the user explained.

‘I love to burst their bubble and show them the 100 companies that did it before them. Money is money so I do it.’

What are your thoughts about the branding of this construction site? Is it tasteless or harmless? Let us know in the comments!

Sponsored
What was supposed to be a leisurely walk left one couple ‘gobsmacked’ after they caught sight of a massive ‘crude’ sign at a construction site. However, the concern prompted several users to slam them for being ‘too sensitive’. Which side are you on?

Detailing his complaint on a Facebook post, the man said that he was walking past the worksite in the affluent Sydney suburb of Mosman with his wife when they spotted the banner in question.

The sign featured the company’s name, Dick Diggers, along with the slogan: ‘Our goal is your hole.’

‘My wife and I walked past the Woolworths construction site today and we were shocked by the language so crudely displayed,’ the man wrote.

‘How many thousands of children are being exposed to such filth? Surely our village is above this smut.’

_mHhgJ4XD5llIINpl0qkBZQAMzFojFrgqcXXkj0l8btjPRRLf39W_dt822ixaM8lQ7SMdv3c1hjj0pLzYhQBAj3bIP0dB6rtXYNLvd8tSp0qXIYUb2pFmIV8_ov_6ojBkXBGLZdnGdwj4WtefPMcSYSi3EjQVQ_4FnAZ_KzroyFsHwY_S95hD7TmAA

Since the post circulated on Facebook and Reddit, dozens of social media users have ridiculed the couple’s dilemma.

‘Almost every child who will walk past that sign will probably laugh..’ said one.

A third argued: ‘Younger children wouldn’t find it inappropriate as they wouldn’t get it… And would probably be confused about why the older kids are rolling on the ground.’

Several more defended the company, saying that they didn’t find anything wrong with the signage.

‘How the hell is this offensive? There are too many “snowflakes” out there.’ one criticised.

Ty6zoGHiHcIf1tpdtXYpyMhaHq6Hnn1p9JWBUhRmQPluq3ADqwASsomE9h8dBY7_CtBbRhIv5iXCV4PdIG-PXf646rGgFI4gKYHj0znKvnb3CO6-eq6WrU-HPxe_r6A4L88M7Bj0xzxOmTH4eDdydzk_F2Urmmr9hsFtSi5dtdVDXF566pQX2-Y2Vw

‘It’s not the worst thing I’ve ever seen, but it IS pretty tasteless.’ a Reddit user wrote.

‘Sign maker here! I have made so many “your hole is our goal” signs for excavating companies, they always laugh and think they are the ones that came up with it.’ the user explained.

‘I love to burst their bubble and show them the 100 companies that did it before them. Money is money so I do it.’

What are your thoughts about the branding of this construction site? Is it tasteless or harmless? Let us know in the comments!
Mosman, one of the snobbiest suburbs in the country and judging by the use of the word Furlong I would say an old snob.

Some people need to just have a laugh. Not everything in life needs to be taken seriously. I am not offended by this sign. Perhaps these people haven't been out much recently and don't realise that while they slept the world changed. People should develop laugh lines on their faces rather than frown lines.

I would laugh,people need to lighten up.

Reactions: Ricci

They need to get their minds out of the gutter…seriously I doubt that many kids ( primary school anyway) would even get the innuendo!