Couple in their 70s reveals their surprising secret to a thriving sex life

As people age, many tend to settle into routines and patterns that feel comfortable and safe. But what if breaking out of those patterns could lead to a more fulfilling and joyous life?

This is the story of Violet, a 74-year-old woman who discovered that embracing her sexuality in her 70s could lead to newfound happiness and a deeper connection with her partner, Oliver.

Violet's journey is a testament to the fact that it's never too late to explore and enjoy your sexuality.

After a 30-year marriage that lacked passion and exploration, Violet found herself feeling like a novice in the bedroom.

compressed-happy-senior-marriage-staring-each-other.jpeg
Violet shared how she embraced her sexuality in her 70s. Image source: Freepik

‘I have always struggled to have orgasms during intercourse,’ Violet shared.

‘It’s easier when I masturbate, but I feel inhibited in the presence of a partner. At the beginning of our marriage, I think my ex-husband wanted me to feel pleasure, but he didn’t care enough to ask me what I liked,’ she continued.

However, meeting Oliver changed everything. With his patience and caring nature, Violet began to explore her desires and found that her sex life could be both pleasurable and adventurous.

‘I hoped to find love, but sex had always been so unpleasurable for me. Meeting Oliver was a revelation,’ she said.

The introduction of a tiny vibrator as a Valentine's gift opened up a new world for Violet. She had never used such a device before, and it became a tool for her self-discovery.

Oliver's understanding and encouragement allowed Violet to feel comfortable touching herself, even in his presence, leading to her experiencing multiple orgasms for the first time.

‘I want Violet to have an orgasm with me in the room, but I don’t mind how we achieve that, so long as she’s happy,’ he said.

But it's not just about the physical act of sex. Violet and Oliver's story highlights the importance of communication, openness, and emotional intimacy in a relationship.

Oliver stated: ‘No subject is forbidden between us: Violet encourages me to share every piece of my character and my past.’

‘That openness of hers extends to the bedroom: Violet would be the first to admit she hasn’t had much sexual experience, but she makes me feel like I can share all my fantasies and desires with her. There’s no fear of judgement or recrimination,’ he added.

This level of trust and openness has not only improved their sexual relationship but has also strengthened their emotional connection.

Oliver, at 78, has his own physical challenges, but rather than letting that hinder their sex life, he found creative solutions like the 'sex sling’.

This not only accommodated his neck and shoulder issues but also added an element of excitement and novelty to their intimate moments.

‘When I first met Oliver, I had trouble taking my clothes off with the lights on, and now I’m perfectly happy to hang naked from the ceiling,’ Violet admitted.

‘My 70s are turning into my most experimental decade: I’ve had more sex in the two years since I met Oliver than all the rest of my years,’ she added.

For our readers over 60, Violet and Oliver's story is an inspiring reminder that sexual exploration and satisfaction are not just the domain of the young.

It's about finding what works for you and your partner, communicating openly, and being willing to try new things. Whether it's experimenting with sex toys, exploring different positions, or simply being more vocal about what feels good, there are many ways to enhance your sex life at any age.

Moreover, a healthy sex life has been linked to numerous benefits, including reduced stress, improved sleep, and even a stronger immune system.

It's also a powerful way to maintain a close and loving connection with your partner, which can be a significant source of happiness and contentment.

Last year, research found that for adults aged 75-90, more frequent sex was related to better cognitive functioning, while for adults aged 62-74, better sexual quality was related to better cognitive functioning. You can read more about that here.

So, if you're feeling stuck in a sexual rut or simply curious about how to enhance your intimate experiences, take a leaf out of Violet and Oliver's book.

It's about embracing your sexuality with confidence, curiosity, and a sense of adventure. Remember, it's never too late to discover new paths to pleasure and happiness.
Key Takeaways
  • Violet, a 74-year-old woman, shared her renewed sexual journey with her partner Oliver after a passionless 30-year marriage.
  • She discovered greater sexual freedom and experimentation in her 70s with Oliver, including the use of a sex sling and vibrator.
  • Oliver, at 78 years old, values their open communication and is supportive of Violet's exploration and pursuit of pleasure, despite his own physical limitations.
  • They both place importance on happiness and satisfaction within their sexual relationship, working together to overcome challenges related to orgasm and intimacy.
We'd love to hear from our readers about their experiences and thoughts on this topic. Have you found new ways to enjoy your sex life as you've aged? What advice would you give to others looking to revitalise their intimate connections? Share your stories and insights in the comments below.

Sponsored
Do we really need to know about others sex life,I'll quietly go away and read a book( haha not a naughty book ) Get enough on media about sexual exploits of the famous !!!!;;;

Reactions: Littleboy8
Do we really need to know about others sex life,I'll quietly go away and read a book( haha not a naughty book ) Get enough on media about sexual exploits of the famous !!!!;;;
good idea. I've read 4 books in the last week. Can't stand crap on media especially the stuff they've churned out for over 40 years. Doesn't make sense to me.

I didn’t read but who wants all these articles about sex. There are a lot of people who have lost their partners on here. Can you

I didn’t read but who wants all these articles about sex. There are a lot of people who have lost their partners on here. Can you desist
Imagine if you chose not to read this article and any others that mention sex, bedroom or other words that indicate people have sex lives. That is a choice you can make and you had plenty of notice this was going to be about sex. But there are many people who still have sex or want to and this article could be just what was needed to enable them to rekindle their sex lives.

I didn’t read but who wants all these articles about sex. There are a lot of people who have lost their partners on here. Can you desist
There are lots of people who still have sex too and even without a partner people can still pleasure themselves. This article may be useful to many more members than those that find no interest in sexuality anymore.