SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Sethia Soliman

Sethia Soliman

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2022
Could this be Australia’s filthiest home? Locksmith shares a property’s dreadful state

Warning: This article contains images and videos that are… Really gross.

When you’re struggling with multiple life hurdles all at once, it can be difficult to get on top of your home’s cleanliness. Trust us, we’ve all been there!

So if you’ve been beating yourself up for forgetting to wash the dirty dinner plates last night or consciously delaying the next laundry session for several days now, you’ll take comfort in knowing that these conundrums are quite meagre compared to this property’s state.

One locksmith shared the horrific moment he walked in on the mess left behind by tenants. He was asked to change the locks of an abandoned property when he stumbled across the ghastly condition of the house in Sydney's west.

Equipped with a phone, the locksmith filmed his discovery and dubbed it the 'house of hell’. The property’s condition was so bad that the shocking sight caught the attention of thousands.

UzvrTRN0aieyzFKFD2yukU9voNrXiPtSmYjke4Bz6EdsuVKSNyFoLAVNx17iiPK1Xml0rUPTHCY8gbH-1rOP714wqLsANDyspC8xSDixYZj9YfrmlGCFks1moYv-1Yt2vXL1A20DDmLJCQf-nRlVTvX9SW3pu0LRYq4bkWFc_84Zfft-_z9jvifipw
0yvHnB4WzAHFgRi5OrGfZDG5E_6vYGpbfY1rdPQlcjPm2ZFy54APCDfQx9Spvim1TWzlr8AvMPkWPFM3EcRn-SZpXBid0cC3BCyZfEjoRE0NVJ2RopVk7ECRYHqbFPoYLiMPA5KkBKVF5ecMpnN44xLFRtPBwi-v6evSbyOT5JYD-N35leLY-a4Q5Q

Oh my… We have no words. Source: @souulevv

He captioned the clip: 'The tenants had done the runner, so I had to change the locks. I opened the door and found this.'

The locksmith can be heard gagging as soon as he opens the door of the flat and is greeted by what could possibly be the dirtiest home in Australia to date.

The floors were covered in layers of rubbish, while the living area and kitchen teemed with discarded possessions, upended furniture, food packaging, and countless UberEats bags.

There were also abandoned toys spotted on the couch, meaning that children could have possibly also been living in such poor conditions.

'Oh yuck, that stinks! I can't work in there.’ the locksmith exclaims, struggling to keep himself from retching. He immediately shuts the door behind him and can be heard gasping for fresh air in the common area of the complex.

'I'm good now.’ he says a few seconds later.

XIPJcX6GYqxEbZmxUOJVFNjF7HOBMBUpMOKBHEt7krT7SUkW3Vto8v6Xpo8i49ElQcl5iLrokRj9F1P3NuKVdmbcqhOoaOhxiQNgZznm2rvPJeZe0wwuF52oqo2FvQWCCLzCgTtJbER4u_GFs63ogws9wRzVENXWNAXFoANb4T3buvc2lyeSNH0x1A
cKMsGI2eNVFAPWhquPYodidwmma6ucSIiOVfeXQoV8Re1sO0lTF6P3to7bEFSJ6MtoDz_oGi5dYd7d-_Yc_V_7aF1vu9MQif7uVy1DlFOohZwsjCVRunvPbPHcZs012UOtwQsMf89izXrEsb9nbsrLTk61CL1KGACb9ndph4IUH4D2HezvvjmHyfUA

The locksmith can be heard dry-heaving in the background. Source: @souulevv

He later added in the comments that he was reluctant to do the job he was called out to.

The TikTok video amassed over 500k views, with more than a thousand users flooding the comments section of the video to share their reactions.

‘It’s so upsetting to think of animals or children living like that.’ one person said.

‘I grew up in homes like this. Mental health is horrid… Now I'm more critical of my own home as an adult than I am of other people’s homes.’ another chimed.

‘I just want to know how they could let this happen?’ a third questioned, while a fourth shared: ‘I’m not going to lie, my room gets messy too but this is on another level.’

‘This just makes me sad.’ another commented.

‘This looks like my sister's place!’ one more teased.

What are your thoughts about this home’s condition? Let us know in the comments.

Watch the full TikTok video below:

Source: @sooulevv

They will be on a list by the agent that all agents can see.

Agents are paid monthly by the owner so they should be made do regular inspections

My daughter has tenants in her house and now wants to move her family in.

Sge had given them 3 months notice and 4 months later the tenants still haven't moved out , stating they can't find another place.
The agent told my daughter that they have only put in two applications which was only in the last week.

The agent can see what applications have been put in with other agents. .

She now has to take it to the tribunal

Just think what the mental , physical and emotional state those tenants must have been in, if running away was their only option! They are likely to have needed help a long time before it all got out of control. None of us know what they were going through! I wonder if anyone realised?

Just think what the mental , physical and emotional state those tenants must have been in, if running away was their only option! They are likely to have needed help a long time before it all got out of control. None of us know what they were going through! I wonder if anyone realised?
Yeh probably after being months behind in rent.
I know people who's house is like this and no mental or illness issues there just lazy issues and grots

When we were renting for a short period we had inspections every two months and were written up if there was a speck of dust on the door frames even. How come the real estate agents didn't know this was happening, after all it couldn't have got that bad overnight. We also had owner inspections every six months, didn't the owners ever go?

When we were renting for a short period we had inspections every two months and were written up if there was a speck of dust on the door frames even. How come the real estate agents didn't know this was happening, after all it couldn't have got that bad overnight. We also had owner inspections every six months, didn't the owners ever go?
Exactly 💯

Being able to eat Uber food doesn't lead me to think they were poor, just grasping people living without any regard to their own health or the property they were using as a rubbish dump!:devilish:

Several times over the years I thought about an investment home then I see scenes like this and it puts me off. We did rent our family home out for 6years after we moved to Tasmania but that was to someone we knew she looked after our home and had cheep rent until we were ready to sell

I can understand leaving the house in a mess but why leave your furniture behind You have to start over some where else

Reactions: Ricci
When we built our 2nd home we had to rent for 1 year while I built or house my wife refused to move into the rental until she thoroughly cleaned it she took pictured before and after the real estate contacted the owner to show how bad it was because he paid to have cleaned he was so impressed he gave us a months free rent when we left he didn't even check the place just gave us the bond and put new tenants in

When you’re struggling with multiple life hurdles all at once, it can be difficult to get on top of your home’s cleanliness. Trust us, we’ve all been there!

So if you’ve been beating yourself up for forgetting to wash the dirty dinner plates last night or consciously delaying the next laundry session for several days now, you’ll take comfort in knowing that these conundrums are quite meagre compared to this property’s state.

One locksmith shared the horrific moment he walked in on the mess left behind by tenants. He was asked to change the locks of an abandoned property when he stumbled across the ghastly condition of the house in Sydney's west.

Equipped with a phone, the locksmith filmed his discovery and dubbed it the 'house of hell’. The property’s condition was so bad that the shocking sight caught the attention of thousands.

UzvrTRN0aieyzFKFD2yukU9voNrXiPtSmYjke4Bz6EdsuVKSNyFoLAVNx17iiPK1Xml0rUPTHCY8gbH-1rOP714wqLsANDyspC8xSDixYZj9YfrmlGCFks1moYv-1Yt2vXL1A20DDmLJCQf-nRlVTvX9SW3pu0LRYq4bkWFc_84Zfft-_z9jvifipw
0yvHnB4WzAHFgRi5OrGfZDG5E_6vYGpbfY1rdPQlcjPm2ZFy54APCDfQx9Spvim1TWzlr8AvMPkWPFM3EcRn-SZpXBid0cC3BCyZfEjoRE0NVJ2RopVk7ECRYHqbFPoYLiMPA5KkBKVF5ecMpnN44xLFRtPBwi-v6evSbyOT5JYD-N35leLY-a4Q5Q

He captioned the clip: 'The tenants had done the runner, so I had to change the locks. I opened the door and found this.'

The locksmith can be heard gagging as soon as he opens the door of the flat and is greeted by what could possibly be the dirtiest home in Australia to date.

The floors were covered in layers of rubbish, while the living area and kitchen teemed with discarded possessions, upended furniture, food packaging, and countless UberEats bags.

There were also abandoned toys spotted on the couch, meaning that children could have possibly also been living in such poor conditions.

'Oh yuck, that stinks! I can't work in there.’ the locksmith exclaims, struggling to keep himself from retching. He immediately shuts the door behind him and can be heard gasping for fresh air in the common area of the complex.

XIPJcX6GYqxEbZmxUOJVFNjF7HOBMBUpMOKBHEt7krT7SUkW3Vto8v6Xpo8i49ElQcl5iLrokRj9F1P3NuKVdmbcqhOoaOhxiQNgZznm2rvPJeZe0wwuF52oqo2FvQWCCLzCgTtJbER4u_GFs63ogws9wRzVENXWNAXFoANb4T3buvc2lyeSNH0x1A
cKMsGI2eNVFAPWhquPYodidwmma6ucSIiOVfeXQoV8Re1sO0lTF6P3to7bEFSJ6MtoDz_oGi5dYd7d-_Yc_V_7aF1vu9MQif7uVy1DlFOohZwsjCVRunvPbPHcZs012UOtwQsMf89izXrEsb9nbsrLTk61CL1KGACb9ndph4IUH4D2HezvvjmHyfUA

He later added in the comments that he was reluctant to do the job he was called out to.

The TikTok video amassed over 500k views, with more than a thousand users flooding the comments section of the video to share their reactions.

‘It’s so upsetting to think of animals or children living like that.’ one person said.

‘I grew up in homes like this. Mental health is horrid… Now I'm more critical of my own home as an adult than I am of other people’s homes.’ another chimed.

‘I just want to know how they could let this happen?’ a third questioned, while a fourth shared: ‘I’m not going to lie, my room gets messy too but this is on another level.’

What are your thoughts about this home’s condition? Let us know in the comments.

It is disgusting. Obviously they were not short of money judging by the amount of takeout they bought. It is not the worst home i have seen though. I think the one in the news not so long ago covered in feaces on every surface was worse.

Reactions: Ricci and Marj53

Some people are so disgusting is there no shame living in filth like this 😡

Reactions: Ricci and Marj53
This isn't the worst place I've seen...I used to work in real estate and you'll find that there are some tenants that don't give a shite about the property they rent and like everywhere you'll find that some agents don't do the right thing. We used to do monthly inspections even though we were only required to do routine inspections 4 times a year in NSW. Real Estate Agents are not permitted to give a negative reference in regards to tenants no matter how bad the place was left, we were only permitted to send a copy of their rental record to the next agent and if they asked if we would have them as tenants on our books again we would say no without giving a reason why. If the previous tenant found out what you had said they can take you to the tribunal. As for the bond that's left for the property, if the tenant applies for it before you do they get it back and the agent has no way of using the bond for repairs and cleaning and the owner has to pay out of pocket or the agent ends up paying for it. I got out of the real estate business as I couldn't handle how I was treated by the unreasonable demands from the tenants and the abuse from them if they couldn't get their bond back. However, that's the negative side....there are some fantastic tenants out there whom the owners and agents love and these people do make up for the horrible ones.

................" SAD"...................for the owner of the property & sadder for the humans that can live like that.. face it, its not normal, cant even blame it on laziness , its far worse than that, .."SAD".....

Reactions: Ricci
Working with people with mental and/or physical disabilities for many years now I assume this is an ill person. Not just a hoarder, but clinically depressed/schizophrenic or similar. It s sad for the owners, but even worse for the tenant who apparently did not have any professional help and support. I cant but feel sorry....