Could McDonald's chicken nuggets be harming your health? Shocking incident revealed

We’re sure many of you have special memories of those unforgettable trips to McDonald's with your kids or grandkids.

The gleaming smiles on their faces as they dig into a box of scrumptious chicken nuggets are enough to warm anyone’s heart.

But, as we all know, sometimes good things can take an unexpected turn.

And unfortunately, that was the experience for one mum and her young son recently.

After purchasing chicken nuggets from their local McDonald’s in Auckland, Anna Cooper’s son became unwell.

1685080640974.png
Anna Cooper discovered that the chicken nuggets she purchased from the Hillmorton McDonald's in Christchurch, Auckland, were inadequately cooked. Credit: McDonald’s Australia.

She hadn’t noticed when she handed the nuggets to her son that they were significantly undercooked.

Unfortunately, this is not an isolated incident. There has been a flurry of reports on raw chicken being served at McDonald's restaurants, including those involving chicken nuggets and burgers.

Cooper's husband had torn the nuggets into smaller pieces to let them cool before their son dug in.

Having already eaten one, Cooper spotted that the remaining nuggets were pink, a clear sign that something was amiss.

In her words, she felt 'a bit pissed off' upon realising the error, and she did her best to remedy the situation by giving her son plenty of water to flush any harmful bacteria from his system.

Sadly, the next day, her son became sick and experienced vomiting on multiple occasions.

It's tough to accept that these things happen, but Cooper, who has even worked at McDonald's, truly knows the importance of preparing things the right way.

In her frustration, Cooper said: 'Train your blimmin' staff properly, I used to work at Macca's, so I know everything has a time, everything has its button... I just don't know how they aren't checking these things.'

This mother's trust in the fast-food giant has been shaken, and she believes that 'home-cooked chicken nuggets are the only way to go now’.

A McDonald's spokesperson addressed the incident at the Hillmorton restaurant, stating that they treat any complaint of this nature with utmost seriousness. The restaurant franchisee and management team promptly launched an investigation, which remains ongoing.

In the meantime, the McDonald's spokesperson explained that they've contacted Cooper to inquire about her son's well-being and provide updates on their investigation process and any immediate actions taken.

‘We consider any food safety complaint with utmost seriousness. The discoveries and lessons learned are being shared across all restaurants, and a strengthened emphasis on food safety measures has been implemented nationwide,’ reassured the spokesperson.

Key Takeaways
  • A mum and her son experienced a distressing incident involving undercooked McDonald's chicken nuggets in Auckland.
  • After eating one, the son became sick and experienced vomiting on multiple occasions.
  • The mother expressed frustration and urged the fast-food giant to train their staff properly.
  • McDonald's addressed the incident, ensuring that investigations are carried out and food safety measures are strengthened nationwide.

While we understand that cooking accidents do happen, we know the importance of supporting our loved ones, including our grandchildren, in making healthy and safe choices.

In fact, a similar incident happened recently at KFC. You can read more about it here.

So, dear SDC members, do take this story as a gentle reminder to double-check any meals and don't hesitate to speak up about food safety concerns in any establishment.

Have you experienced a similar incident before? Share your stories with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
We’re sure many of you have special memories of those unforgettable trips to McDonald's with your kids or grandkids.

The gleaming smiles on their faces as they dig into a box of scrumptious chicken nuggets are enough to warm anyone’s heart.

But, as we all know, sometimes good things can take an unexpected turn.

And unfortunately, that was the experience for one mum and her young son recently.

After purchasing chicken nuggets from their local McDonald’s in Auckland, Anna Cooper’s son became unwell.

View attachment 20783
Anna Cooper discovered that the chicken nuggets she purchased from the Hillmorton McDonald's in Christchurch, Auckland, were inadequately cooked. Credit: McDonald’s Australia.

She hadn’t noticed when she handed the nuggets to her son that they were significantly undercooked.

Unfortunately, this is not an isolated incident. There has been a flurry of reports on raw chicken being served at McDonald's restaurants, including those involving chicken nuggets and burgers.

Cooper's husband had torn the nuggets into smaller pieces to let them cool before their son dug in.

Having already eaten one, Cooper spotted that the remaining nuggets were pink, a clear sign that something was amiss.

In her words, she felt 'a bit pissed off' upon realising the error, and she did her best to remedy the situation by giving her son plenty of water to flush any harmful bacteria from his system.

Sadly, the next day, her son became sick and experienced vomiting on multiple occasions.

It's tough to accept that these things happen, but Cooper, who has even worked at McDonald's, truly knows the importance of preparing things the right way.

In her frustration, Cooper said: 'Train your blimmin' staff properly, I used to work at Macca's, so I know everything has a time, everything has its button... I just don't know how they aren't checking these things.'

This mother's trust in the fast-food giant has been shaken, and she believes that 'home-cooked chicken nuggets are the only way to go now’.

A McDonald's spokesperson addressed the incident at the Hillmorton restaurant, stating that they treat any complaint of this nature with utmost seriousness. The restaurant franchisee and management team promptly launched an investigation, which remains ongoing.

In the meantime, the McDonald's spokesperson explained that they've contacted Cooper to inquire about her son's well-being and provide updates on their investigation process and any immediate actions taken.

‘We consider any food safety complaint with utmost seriousness. The discoveries and lessons learned are being shared across all restaurants, and a strengthened emphasis on food safety measures has been implemented nationwide,’ reassured the spokesperson.

Key Takeaways

• A mum and her son experienced a distressing incident involving undercooked McDonald's chicken nuggets in Auckland.
  • After eating one, the son became sick and experienced vomiting on multiple occasions.
  • The mother expressed frustration and urged the fast-food giant to train their staff properly.
  • McDonald's addressed the incident, ensuring that investigations are carried out and food safety measures are strengthened nationwide.

While we understand that cooking accidents do happen, we know the importance of supporting our loved ones, including our grandchildren, in making healthy and safe choices.

In fact, a similar incident happened recently at KFC. You can read more about it here.

So, dear SDC members, do take this story as a gentle reminder to double-check any meals and don't hesitate to speak up about food safety concerns in any establishment.

Have you experienced a similar incident before? Share your stories with us in the comments below!
Feel sorry for the child but really, serves you right for buying junk food from Mcdonalds. Stay away from the place, it is unhealthy rubbish even when it is cooked, there are much better places to buy decent "junk Food" for a child or your self for a treat!

Reactions: Mr Chips
I won't eat chicken nuggets because it is so cruel how they kill them, they are put onto a electric belt ALIVE and then they fall into a mincer alive. So very cruel.

After reading about the nasty sludge used to make all Chicken Nuggets, I wouldn’t feed them to a dog. 😳

Having worked in a chicken factory I can tell you this is description of how they make chicken nuggets is wrong. Yes, the chickens do go through a live hang by their feet they are then given an electrical shock so that they hang their heads down to have their throat cut. After this they hang for so many minutes so as to bleed out and then they are dipped into boiling water and plucked before reaching the evisceration section.
Or if you want you could have done it like my parents did, my father would grab a chook that had stopped laying, fling it across a chopping block, take its head off in one blow and let it (we believed) chase us around the yard with blood spurting everywhere and when it dropped, give it to my mother who would sit it in the sink and pluck it before gutting it.
I know which on I prefer.