WilliamRoss

Mar 26, 2024
CORONA KEROSENE HEATER TO CUT ELECTRICITY BILLS

PLEASE TELL EVERYONE - last winter we were shocked by our high electricity bills even though we were very careful with the hot water and no lights at night so looked around and found the Corona Kerosene Heater amazing quality (made in Japan) we have just tested & it heats our living/kitchen area in our Townhouse with very little smell

Morning, great to hear you are using options. Still the Govt does nothing to releave the rediculious high prices of electricity, giving huge profits to the distributors, I am so disappointed two way Albo, does not stand up and do something positive for the people, Shame on you Albo and the labour party, no longer the working mans party.

Does this rely on a wick?
I was thinking of getting one but the cost of kerosene is exorbitant.
I was thinking of the pressure type - you need to pump it up.

while i am sharing some thoughts my disgust at the decision of the enquiry into chain stores, the way they operate is a shame on the public. 55 years ago i worked for a company that supplied food to the chain stores, each year the buyers would appear and tell the sad story about proposed cost increase and they could not afford to pay the new seasons prices, so we would negoiate prices with them , after a few years the rot they went on with was reduced but Im sure it continues today , so the up to 10 million fine will all be gobbled up in legal costs hmmmm we never seem to learn!!

Reactions: IAN3005 and janj
while i am sharing some thoughts my disgust at the decision of the enquiry into chain stores, the way they operate is a shame on the public. 55 years ago i worked for a company that supplied food to the chain stores, each year the buyers would appear and tell the sad story about proposed cost increase and they could not afford to pay the new seasons prices, so we would negoiate prices with them , after a few years the rot they went on with was reduced but Im sure it continues today , so the up to 10 million fine will all be gobbled up in legal costs hmmmm we never seem to learn!!
Our buyers were judged on how much they could 'SCREW' the suppliers and the saying went 'GOLD BRICKS FOR A $'

Maybe we need to learn the art of fire making, rubbing two sticks together hmmmm food tastes great when cooked with open fire
Imagine that? I thought you had to rub two boy or girl scouts together (of course in today's climes that suggestion would seem to be quite Suspicious?)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Gaena
Thanks for that... the next thing we will be doing is cooking on the old-style Primus
And what is wrong with that? I have an old electric oven. I use it very rarely. I prefer a portable gas stove. Quicker, gas is easy to control, the butane cartridges are cheap. Although it just me and my dog. And yes I too am on a pension.

Does that mean it cost nothing to run. How much is a litre of kero? Will suggest it cost far more to fuel a kero heater than it does to run a heater that warms the equivalent area in a house. Make a weekly payment on your power bill if bill shock from the quarter is the issue.

Reactions: Jill57
If a kero heater does smell, a couple of drops of Eucalyptus Oil in the tank will stop any fumes! Tested & it works!

Reactions: Jill57
Morning, great to hear you are using options. Still the Govt does nothing to releave the rediculious high prices of electricity, giving huge profits to the distributors, I am so disappointed two way Albo, does not stand up and do something positive for the people, Shame on you Albo and the labour party, no longer the working mans party.
There was a restriction place on increases and a supplement was paid to eligible households. Problem is the savings are quickly sucked up when the private operators set their prices in July each year.

And what is wrong with that? I have an old electric oven. I use it very rarely. I prefer a portable gas stove. Quicker, gas is easy to control, the butane cartridges are cheap. Although it just me and my dog. And yes I too am on a pension.
I'm not saying that is wrong... it's something to look at.
The cost of butane in my opinion is exorbitant.... I expect it to be less than $1 per canister. Like $0.95

Albo stands up for 1 person..... ALBO......

Be carefull and make sure you have good ventilation do not seal up area you are heating they can produce carbon monoxide.

Reactions: IAN3005