Controversial The Block star’s old audition tape resurfaces online, reveals reality TV past to Kyle and Jackie O

Controversial The Block star’s old audition tape resurfaces online, reveals reality TV past to Kyle and Jackie O
Tanya Guccione may be a fresh face when she appeared on The Block but did you know that she wasn't new to reality TV?

0s_JwLdi7EgBiLizqQ08HIaK9gnZbkxa99xbCVMUxsAXr1N0J5gywkO9E7dY7U4d-AchebHUEnZMY-CAMytwkOYfI2LjjL88mSGqcKMxm-tFeVDS1ErMWAWuaA4yhIY9wNLIth8

The Block star Tanya Guccione revealed that she appeared on Popstars when back when she was 19. Credit: Nine/Seven.

The controversial contestant revealed in an interview on The Kyle and Jackie O Show on Tuesday that she was a contestant on Popstars back in 2001 and that she had actually met both of the radio show's hosts.

It must be noted that Jackie O was a judge on the singing competition while Kyle made a few brief appearances.

Tanya told the hosts: "I was 19 - I remember you guys from all the way back then."

"You were awesome then, and awesome now."

Earlier this month, footage of Tanya's audition for Popstar resurfaced online, showing the then-19-year-old sporting a pixie cut and singing 'Turn The Beat Around' in front of the judges.

After she performed, the judges asked her how she felt about her performance, to which she happily responded, "I think I did pretty well. I’m actually really proud of myself right now, I’m not going to hold that back."

However, Judge Jason Coleman was quick to let her down, saying: "Well, good on you. I'm glad that you’re proud of yourself because we’re going to let you go."

"But it is really important that you are proud of what you did today. Anyway, all that aside, we're going to let you go."

Tanya, however, confidently replied, "Seriously, this opportunity has just been like - 'Woah' for me. Money can't buy it."

Dnki7nnIBTchEZmh0Tl-QjWvtaRdEYg3OBZYA3XYA2LmaJas64epAPFkTEznoNyTiRIUCtPln0pWWRnVBzFLIOFj7YZQnZoO_kLEoKFTFlyClGxQgygAe1Y3dv8Z7ldDcUrgje0

Tanya performed ‘Turn The Beat Around’ in front of the Popstars judges, to which she failed to proceed to the next round. Credit: Seven.

The Block star's audition tape resurfaced after she seemingly hung up on the radio hosts after Kyle ridiculed her trademark purple hair.

Kyle said: "I thought the scandal part was excellent."

"Now, what are you going to do with that ugly hair? Are you getting rid of that purple-ness?"

"There's no need to have that - if you want to hide from the public, the first thing you do is get rid of the purple hair."

Jackie O responded: "Oh, that's not nice!"

"Have you got the purple hair still?"

The phone line then went silent, to which Kyle assumed that the reality star must've 'cut out' for being 'offended'.

A producer was then heard saying, "Yeah... her house doesn't have the best reception, one sec."

Jackie broke the awkward silence saying, "Don't go on about her hair! She's a hairdresser."

Tanya then got back on the line, blaming technical difficulties.

Kyle then continued with his comments about Tanya's hair saying: "I said if you want to hide from the public, the first thing you do is get rid of that purple hair."

"It's true, but you know I'm not going to let them [the trolls] win," she responded.

-QFi6jHfXEs8fA2UbLgM2O04XDnt60ubnbFk4zXsyV6ZWQb1IVyQNu8eqCOhMXz0nGbvbrWHPCfsT0rHto8--5hzTk_HWwd2MD69Eyw_euP15an2_mZqR5zj6SRCcg4kGlJjvjY

Tanya seemingly hung up on the radio hosts after Kyle ridiculed her purple hair. Credit: Nine.

Sponsored