S

Sean Camara

Confrontation between a woman who accused a Woolworths employee of stealing her AirPods goes viral

It can be really frustrating when you lose something, especially if it's something valuable like a pair of Apple AirPods.

For a few of our members who don't know what AirPods are, they are basically wireless earbuds that allow Apple phone users to listen to music using their phones (and, like most Apple products, pretty pricey).

So, we can understand why this woman was so upset when she tracked her lost AirPods to a Woolworths store and confronted the employee who was in possession of them.

This is a case where the proof is in the pudding. The woman's AirPods were tracked via her iPhone to a Woolworths store, where the employee in question admitted her boyfriend had "found" them.

The woman then asked the employee to return the AirPods at the end of her shift but instead received a notification that they were being used at the store.

The confrontation that ensued was caught on camera, with the Woolies employee denying any wrongdoing.

However, the proof is in the pudding and it's hard to believe that the employee wasn't involved in the theft, given the circumstances.

The now-deleted video, which amassed more than 1.9 million views before it was taken down, showed how the woman approached the Woolworths employee at the store service desk before asking her to return the AirPods immediately.

wgkAfNhWoX4BtnAH8_AeLLkesAfSA9NYLBrpPmZMHT-xkT0BZ-nEbLHrhUsYTjLFamCLAUpFcG3KyDfghFkXSsxZDfRlfanxKNPCHnzQj3sMf3xyOdIMkOISBx2Egfvg3ZeY_80BqezRFqfh

In a now-deleted series of videos, the woman confronted the Woolworths worker and accused the employee and her boyfriend of stealing her headphones. Credit: Social Media.

The AirPods owner said in the video: “I know the AirPods are still here.”

“So you’re either going to give them to me, or I’m going to go back to the cop station.”

“They are here, they are pinging here ... they’ve been here this whole entire time since you arrived at work.”

The worker, who at first, denied that she had the AirPods, called her boyfriend to clarify the situation.

It was revealed during the phone call that the boyfriend allegedly placed the AirPods in the worker's bag.

The employee then told her boyfriend: "You made it so messy.”

And the situation was indeed messy, with the AirPods owner posting a series of videos where she narrated what happened during the altercation.

The woman, who is originally from Canberra, claimed that she was visiting family and friends in Melbourne when she went on a night out to B. Lucky & Sons Bar and Arcade in Melbourne Central and left the AirPods in the pocket of her coat.

She recalled: “I took [the coat] off, put it next to me.”

“When he [the employee’s boyfriend] was on the phone, he alleges he was drunk and I am assuming - benefit of the doubt here - that he picked up what he thought was his from inside my coat.”

The woman said that the moment she realised that her AirPods were missing, she used her phone to track them, alleging that the pair were "charging and using" the earpiece inside their apartment.

She explained: “They had them. And when you connect them, I’m pretty sure it tells you ‘These are not your AirPods.’ I was testing it with my other phone, and it says ‘These are not your AirPods’.”

“And they get a notification that I can track them. They kept them most of the time inside their apartment, it’s a multi-storey complex, I wasn’t actually able to get there."

“I actually knew which apartment they lived in, so thinking they might have some sort of conscience, I went to their doorman and left my name and number there."

“I left my name and number at B. Lucky & Sons, I left my name and number at Melbourne Central, I left my name and number at some of the apartments in the area just in case Apple’s location wasn’t accurate."

“I was tracking them for quite a while. Every time they moved, I would get a notification."

“If I was able to, I would jump in my car and try to find them because all my friends and family became really invested in this as well because I kept sending them updates every time people used them.”

XvJv02UJJ_x6VQcGkNTKHole23RSQAJ7EAAxKlRZVq6AX8dvAwHkCw_smftUmJoeHC_W75mCjUAWQrjljBmhARZzTR0pP8ZSUml_8CgbWBytsjaoiooAiGWmNF3orEdgohB2FveTXKfiNYjy
zhyNW38iqSUmzS1JfJIb3AmdtzmgaUaE512dw95R6lB8y53EvcRjM7MyJnltZLAAOzNePFrh1f2WvjSvilKseCX4m9MqN3f0G48qrqMbfjHtmSQnb7FMWfwq6dnU3AmxHkm3zRUeg6rsKsB4

The boyfriend of the worker allegedly placed the AirPods in the worker’s bag. Credit: Social media.

Four days after the AirPods went missing, the owner said that she tracked them to the Woolworths store, prompting her to drive to the place and confront the worker.

She shared: “When I got there she admitted that she had them, more so that her boyfriend found them in the city."

“She said she didn’t have them with her and they were in his car and I had to come back or I could pick them up from the city."

“So we left, that’s why I exchanged numbers, I gave her mine, she gave me hers. And at 8 o’clock she was on her break and used them, hence why I drove straight back to the Woolies to be an obnoxious b****, as I said."

“And then she found them. And because I was pretty mad that she didn’t give them to me the first time when I told her they were on her persons, and for her to go check."

“Because she could have called him earlier and I was pretty annoyed. Some of the staff had talked to me and said ‘You should make a complaint, right?’”

The woman then revealed that the employee's boyfriend called her after she retrieved the AirPods to explain his side.

“He alleged that he was drunk, blah blah blah,” she quipped.

“He admitted he could’ve handed them in to the cops but he didn’t. And he was happy to continue to use them. And he was aware that I was tracking them.”

The woman insisted that she was not convinced with the excuses, saying: “My major point to this was why use them? If you were just keeping them safe, let’s say you had great intentions and were just ‘keeping them safe’, why use my AirPods?”

“Between the two of them, their lies didn’t make sense. But I’ve been tracking them ... it became the bane of my existence because I own them, I could see them, they were charging them, they were using them, I know she caught the train from Melbourne Central, I know what station she got off at."

“I have the receipts. I know when you were using them, I know when you’ve only got the left ear in because you were on a break and still wanted to be paying attention."

“So don’t lie to me, don’t pretend like you didn’t know you had them. You’re a lying piece of filth.”

“Because you stole my AirPods. You’ve had them since Wednesday. Today is now Saturday. And I have been painfully watching you use them at your apartment in the CBD.”

KONiAoTlXtc3Y3Vt2jHbQTOdLvhKcXiHYnht5GOESu7vFRThbElWHT01ts_HPNbKcvErhm_sloWWJkX4J5DTCXjz-cwS_Cf5xhDi2ttv9FdxXMtmJ8teUp_72P9CLIAX-D1iRqD9PQjSN3GW

The woman said that she wasn’t convinced with the explanation and accused the employee's boyfriend of stealing her gadget. Credit: Social media.

A Woolworths spokesperson commented on the matter, confirming that the supermarket giant is currently investigating the incident.

“We’re aware of a social media video that makes reference to a Woolworths team member and is looking into it,” the spokesperson said.

It is understood that the parties are resolving this issue privately and that the woman is currently in contact with Woolworths.

We hope that this incident serves as a reminder to everyone to be careful with their belongings when they're out and about.

What are your thoughts on this? Share them with us in the comments below.

Can I be pedantic and say that the proof is not in the pudding - it’s in the eating! The saying is “the proof OF the pudding is in the EATING”. in other words, you can’t tell how well the pudding has turned out until you eat it. So the phrase doesn’t even make sense in this story.

Confrontation between a woman who accused a Woolworths employee of stealing her AirPods goes viral

It can be really frustrating when you lose something, especially if it's something valuable like a pair of Apple AirPods.

For a few of our members who don't know what AirPods are, they are basically wireless earbuds that allow Apple phone users to listen to music using their phones (and, like most Apple products, pretty pricey).

So, we can understand why this woman was so upset when she tracked her lost AirPods to a Woolworths store and confronted the employee who was in possession of them.

This is a case where the proof is in the pudding. The woman's AirPods were tracked via her iPhone to a Woolworths store, where the employee in question admitted her boyfriend had "found" them.

The woman then asked the employee to return the AirPods at the end of her shift but instead received a notification that they were being used at the store.

The confrontation that ensued was caught on camera, with the Woolies employee denying any wrongdoing.

However, the proof is in the pudding and it's hard to believe that the employee wasn't involved in the theft, given the circumstances.

The now-deleted video, which amassed more than 1.9 million views before it was taken down, showed how the woman approached the Woolworths employee at the store service desk before asking her to return the AirPods immediately.

wgkAfNhWoX4BtnAH8_AeLLkesAfSA9NYLBrpPmZMHT-xkT0BZ-nEbLHrhUsYTjLFamCLAUpFcG3KyDfghFkXSsxZDfRlfanxKNPCHnzQj3sMf3xyOdIMkOISBx2Egfvg3ZeY_80BqezRFqfh

In a now-deleted series of videos, the woman confronted the Woolworths worker and accused the employee and her boyfriend of stealing her headphones. Credit: Social Media.

“So you’re either going to give them to me, or I’m going to go back to the cop station.”

“They are here, they are pinging here ... they’ve been here this whole entire time since you arrived at work.”

The worker, who at first, denied that she had the AirPods, called her boyfriend to clarify the situation.

It was revealed during the phone call that the boyfriend allegedly placed the AirPods in the worker's bag.

And the situation was indeed messy, with the AirPods owner posting a series of videos where she narrated what happened during the altercation.

The woman, who is originally from Canberra, claimed that she was visiting family and friends in Melbourne when she went on a night out to B. Lucky & Sons Bar and Arcade in Melbourne Central and left the AirPods in the pocket of her coat.

“When he [the employee’s boyfriend] was on the phone, he alleges he was drunk and I am assuming - benefit of the doubt here - that he picked up what he thought was his from inside my coat.”

The woman said that the moment she realised that her AirPods were missing, she used her phone to track them, alleging that the pair were "charging and using" the earpiece inside their apartment.

She explained: “They had them. And when you connect them, I’m pretty sure it tells you ‘These are not your AirPods.’ I was testing it with my other phone, and it says ‘These are not your AirPods’.”

“And they get a notification that I can track them. They kept them most of the time inside their apartment, it’s a multi-storey complex, I wasn’t actually able to get there."

“I actually knew which apartment they lived in, so thinking they might have some sort of conscience, I went to their doorman and left my name and number there."

“I left my name and number at B. Lucky & Sons, I left my name and number at Melbourne Central, I left my name and number at some of the apartments in the area just in case Apple’s location wasn’t accurate."

“I was tracking them for quite a while. Every time they moved, I would get a notification."

“If I was able to, I would jump in my car and try to find them because all my friends and family became really invested in this as well because I kept sending them updates every time people used them.”

XvJv02UJJ_x6VQcGkNTKHole23RSQAJ7EAAxKlRZVq6AX8dvAwHkCw_smftUmJoeHC_W75mCjUAWQrjljBmhARZzTR0pP8ZSUml_8CgbWBytsjaoiooAiGWmNF3orEdgohB2FveTXKfiNYjy
zhyNW38iqSUmzS1JfJIb3AmdtzmgaUaE512dw95R6lB8y53EvcRjM7MyJnltZLAAOzNePFrh1f2WvjSvilKseCX4m9MqN3f0G48qrqMbfjHtmSQnb7FMWfwq6dnU3AmxHkm3zRUeg6rsKsB4

The boyfriend of the worker allegedly placed the AirPods in the worker’s bag. Credit: Social media.

Four days after the AirPods went missing, the owner said that she tracked them to the Woolworths store, prompting her to drive to the place and confront the worker.

She shared: “When I got there she admitted that she had them, more so that her boyfriend found them in the city."

“She said she didn’t have them with her and they were in his car and I had to come back or I could pick them up from the city."

“So we left, that’s why I exchanged numbers, I gave her mine, she gave me hers. And at 8 o’clock she was on her break and used them, hence why I drove straight back to the Woolies to be an obnoxious b****, as I said."

“And then she found them. And because I was pretty mad that she didn’t give them to me the first time when I told her they were on her persons, and for her to go check."

“Because she could have called him earlier and I was pretty annoyed. Some of the staff had talked to me and said ‘You should make a complaint, right?’”

The woman then revealed that the employee's boyfriend called her after she retrieved the AirPods to explain his side.

“He admitted he could’ve handed them in to the cops but he didn’t. And he was happy to continue to use them. And he was aware that I was tracking them.”

The woman insisted that she was not convinced with the excuses, saying: “My major point to this was why use them? If you were just keeping them safe, let’s say you had great intentions and were just ‘keeping them safe’, why use my AirPods?”

“Between the two of them, their lies didn’t make sense. But I’ve been tracking them ... it became the bane of my existence because I own them, I could see them, they were charging them, they were using them, I know she caught the train from Melbourne Central, I know what station she got off at."

“I have the receipts. I know when you were using them, I know when you’ve only got the left ear in because you were on a break and still wanted to be paying attention."

“So don’t lie to me, don’t pretend like you didn’t know you had them. You’re a lying piece of filth.”

“Because you stole my AirPods. You’ve had them since Wednesday. Today is now Saturday. And I have been painfully watching you use them at your apartment in the CBD.”

KONiAoTlXtc3Y3Vt2jHbQTOdLvhKcXiHYnht5GOESu7vFRThbElWHT01ts_HPNbKcvErhm_sloWWJkX4J5DTCXjz-cwS_Cf5xhDi2ttv9FdxXMtmJ8teUp_72P9CLIAX-D1iRqD9PQjSN3GW

The woman said that she wasn’t convinced with the explanation and accused the employee's boyfriend of stealing her gadget. Credit: Social media.

A Woolworths spokesperson commented on the matter, confirming that the supermarket giant is currently investigating the incident.

“We’re aware of a social media video that makes reference to a Woolworths team member and is looking into it,” the spokesperson said.

It is understood that the parties are resolving this issue privately and that the woman is currently in contact with Woolworths.

We hope that this incident serves as a reminder to everyone to be careful with their belongings when they're out and about.

Honesty definitely is the best policy. The owner had the WW employee dead to rights (caught with her pants down). The unfortunate point is the employee involved her employee with her denial. Be interesting to see how WW handle this situation with their employee.

Reactions: debjane and Ricci
Honesty definitely is the best policy. The owner had the WW employee dead to rights (caught with her pants down). The unfortunate point is the employee involved her employee with her denial. Be interesting to see how WW handle this situation with their employee.
Should read 'involved her employer'. (Apologies for the error).

Reactions: Ricci
Can I be pedantic and say that the proof is not in the pudding - it’s in the eating! The saying is “the proof OF the pudding is in the EATING”. in other words, you can’t tell how well the pudding has turned out until you eat it. So the phrase doesn’t even make sense in this story.
That's one of my pet peeves!

Reactions: Ricci

The owner of the pods has every right to be mad. these things are quite expensive. But next time leave them at home.
Izzabel

Reactions: Ricci and Ezzy