Comedian and TV father Bob Saget passes away suddenly at the age of 65, new details surrounding untimely death released

Comedian and TV father Bob Saget passes away suddenly at the age of 65, new details surrounding untimely death released
The cause of the tragic and sudden death of Bob Saget has not yet been made public, but new details surrounding his sad passing have been discovered on Monday after an autopsy was completed.

GapLS0CMk-tekIlEztl0tcJiLwQ3At_mEyG4DY9QoeQt4Zv4F7ejXQlYMQzxH1OSEm1HMi-Tb_cgFecGCRHifNqaw8B-aD3IsXFubdvfoq8ZxxxC7cm3b6AIDv_5DVVJQUbQT_I

Bob Saget, 65, was found dead in his hotel room in Ritz-Carlton in Orlando, Florida. Credit: Getty Images.

The American comedian, who was on tour and performed a two-hour standup set the night before his death, was found in a hotel room in the Ritz-Carlton in Orlando, Florida after "family members" contacted hotel security for a wellness check.

It was reported that it took "several attempts" before security was able to open the door after check out time, discovering the body of Saget "in a supine position on his bed".

For those who don't know what a supine position means, it simply means that the person is lying horizontally with their face and torso facing up.

Security said that the body of the comedian was "cold to the touch" and that Saget was "not responsive, not breathing" and had "no pulse" when they discovered him, calling 911 soon after.

Saget was declared dead at 4:18 pm local time.

The responding officer's statement about the scene read: "I checked the immediate area for signs of foul play. It should be noted none were found. The room itself was orderly with items owned by Mr Saget on the nightstand, television stand, closet and bathroom. No signs of trauma were seen."

1JWrK3b7LpmYO7zbsDGLBFqUbBteoUgtl747LSeaTfa1_0_yf9eyHdkSMT7XeOImsng7LUAMe4Kfg3AZP8GJJTj6D7DbUzsVS479HuF-KJPvWx7_K-kzFrC1tfzkU9yzqebL0J4

The comedian’s cause of death has not been made public but police confirmed that there was no foul play at the scene. Credit: AP.

A spokesperson from the Orange and Osceola Counties Medical Examiner's Office, the office responsible for determining the death of the comedian, said: "An autopsy was performed this morning on Robert Lane Saget. Mr Saget is a 65-year-old male, who was found unresponsive in his hotel room. At this time, there is no evidence of drug use or foul play."

Joshua Stephany, chief medical examiner of Orange and Osceola Counties, said that the studies and investigation regarding the cause and manner of Saget's death might take up to 10 to 12 weeks to complete.

"Our condolences go out to Mr Saget's loved ones during this difficult time," he said.

The Saget family confirmed the comedian's death in a statement on Sunday.

"We are devastated to confirm that our beloved Bob passed away today," the statement read.

"He was everything to us and we want you to know how much he loved his fans, performing live and bringing people from all walks of life together with laughter."

Credit: Looper

Saget's colleagues and fans flooded social media with their tributes to the deceased comedian.

John Stamos, Saget's former Full House co-star, wrote in a heartfelt tribute: "I am broken. I am gutted. I am in complete and utter shock. I will never ever have another friend like him. I love you so much, Bobby."

"Bob was the most loving, compassionate and generous man. We are deeply saddened that he is no longer with us but know that he will continue to be by our side to guide us as gracefully as he always has,” Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen said in a rare public statement.

"We are thinking of his daughters, wife and family and are sending our condolences."

Sponsored